More BB to Look Forward | The Boneyard

More BB to Look Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For me the saddest part of tonight is realizing the anticipation and the fun of watching UConn games is over for another year. Then I remembered . . .

we have our Olympic team to cheer on this summer. Now we don't have to wait until November to tell Geno about all the coaching mistakes he's making yet again.

I feel better already:)

Reaction Score
I'll be in London cheering. No former Irish players on Team USA!
Sure hope you'll be able to post on the Boneyard from across the pond.

I'm jealous already!

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
For me the saddest part of tonight is realizing the anticipation and the fun of watching UConn games is over for another year. Then I remembered . . .

we have our Olympic team to cheer on this summer. Now we don't have to wait until November to tell Geno about all the coaching mistakes he's making yet again.

I feel better already:)

We'll have some Huskies playing USA basketball this summer on the U-19 and U-18 teams. Hope the games will be available on the internet.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yeah, the offseason sucks. But a lot of positives:

• This year's team had a bunch of hard-working, talented, and scrappy kids, and they're all coming back next year other than Tiff.
  • In the early summer, Breanna, Moriah, and Morgan join them.
  • Lots of international competition featuring current, former, or future UConn players (Olympics, U18/19)
  • A little WNBA action.
  • Maybe, just maybe, we'll get some 2013 recruiting news??? Eventually?
So, some things to keep us all in touch with WBB in what is sure to be a beautiful and all-too-short summer in New England (or wherever else you may happen to live).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So, some things to keep us all in touch with WBB in what is sure to be a beautiful and all-too-short summer in New England (or wherever else you may happen to live).
Yea, that's the only reason I wouldn't be anxious for next season.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Ugh. Summer is almost here already in Texas. It was up to 88 this weekend.

I hate this time of year! No more WCBB...at least this summer we'll have the Olympics. But I envy your New England "too-short summer" sometimes.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Ugh. Summer is almost here already in Texas. It was up to 88 this weekend.

I hate this time of year! No more WCBB...at least this summer we'll have the Olympics. But I envy your New England "too-short summer" sometimes.
Well, I've endured both many a Texas summer and quite a bit of New England winters. I remember my last semester at UT, it was 112 degrees (and a bit humid, too) the day I had to run around and buy books. I had to move over several summers in Texas too. And I also had to deal with 60 inches of snow last January. One more snowfall, and it would have been a state of emergency up here.

Overall, I say I like the mild summers and potentially rough winters. A) our winters aren't like Chicago or the northern Midwest or anything, and B) you can always put on more layers, but there's only so much you can take off!

And I freaking hate fire ants.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah, the offseason sucks. But a lot of positives:

• This year's team had a bunch of hard-working, talented, and scrappy kids, and they're all coming back next year other than Tiff.
  • In the early summer, Breanna, Moriah, and Morgan join them.
  • Lots of international competition featuring current, former, or future UConn players (Olympics, U18/19)
  • A little WNBA action.
  • Maybe, just maybe, we'll get some 2013 recruiting news??? Eventually?
2013? Are we recruiting kids for 2013? :)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Well, I've endured both many a Texas summer and quite a bit of New England winters. I remember my last semester at UT, it was 112 degrees (and a bit humid, too) the day I had to run around and buy books. I had to move over several summers in Texas too. And I also had to deal with 60 inches of snow last January. One more snowfall, and it would have been a state of emergency up here.

Overall, I say I like the mild summers and potentially rough winters. A) our winters aren't like Chicago or the northern Midwest or anything, and B) you can always put on more layers, but there's only so much you can take off!

And I freaking hate fire ants.
Yep. I lived in Spain for a few years, and people there would start complaining when it got up to 90. That's called spring in Texas...patio weather.

My high school gym didn't have air-conditioning, which made summer workouts...interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom