More Active Bigs? | The Boneyard

More Active Bigs?

Reaction Score
So i havent seen any of the exhibition games thus far so i have a question for everyone? Are our bigs going to be more active than last year?

It sounds like we may lack a shot blocking presence for the first time in a while. Which will definitely blow. It also sounds like we'll be way too light down low as well. But we've been that way for a few years now. Basically I'm hoping we make up for the lack of shot blocking with better activity....Which hopefully leads to better defense and rebounding.

Anyways, what are everyone's thoughts. Are our bigs better or worse defensively? Based on some of the comments ive read I'm optimistic we'll be better long term.

Reaction Score
Hard to say if they will be better defensively. I doubt it for this season.. but I believe they will be better finishers and have better basketball iq’s.

Reaction Score
They're not lighter, in fact the opposite is true. Cobb and Carlton aren't going to get knocked on their ass as much and I think rebounding will be a bit better. Offense in the paint could be slightly better this year and looking even more promising for the future. Shot-blocking looks like it will be way down and if the guys don't figure out how to keep their man in front of them this could really hurt.

Reaction Score
None of them are as good as Facey, so no, I don't think so.

Reaction Score
... and Brimah scores 40 against Coppin State. Hard to gauge our bigs after a game against Merrimack. I mean basically we defended poorly, couldn’t buy an outside shot, and dumped it down low to a very small D2 team. This team looks disjointed and hasn’t built chemistry yet.

pj

Reaction Score
The bigs have a long way to go, and don't have the length that you'd like to have a strong defensive interior, but they have reasonable athleticism and should be competitive with most D1 opponents by the end of the year. And we can look forward to some outstanding play in a few years, especially Whaley looks promising, I think we've found our power forward of the future. We could use a long shot-blocking/rim-protecting center to round out this group.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Hard to say if they will be better defensively. I doubt it for this season.. but I believe they will be better finishers and have better basketball iq’s.

”The fundamental question is, Will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was?… Until I am, it’s gonna be hard to verify that I think I’ll be more effective.”

latest

Reaction Score
AugustWest, you're at the precipice of an enormous crossroads. Historically, historical changes have come out of war.

Reaction Score

As a senior Facey, maybe not but all of them are probably better than him as a freshman just watching one exhibition.

I like what I see from each of them potentially problem is this team and program need 1 or 2 of them to grow up immediately. Will be interesting to see if they can and who does.

Reaction Score
As a senior Facey, maybe not but all of them are probably better than him as a freshman just watching one exhibition.

I like what I see from each of them potentially problem is this team and program need 1 or 2 of them to grow up immediately. Will be interesting to see if they can and who does.

Yes, OP asked specifically about our bigs last year.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They are all Kentan Facey. One even wears 12. We didn’t retire that number?

Reaction Score

Facey had like 12 good basketball games his senior year. I say most of them if not all will be better than Facey next season. This year all combined they will be better offensively than Facey and Brimah. On D they are a work in progress as none are shot blockers and none played high D1 ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom