More About Paige | The Boneyard

More About Paige

Reaction Score
If we had a MT. Rushmore for UConn women's basketball, she would be on it. The amount of players on it could be a discussion.

Reaction Score
The amount of players on it…
Hmmm. So not just faces then? Maybe full length carvings on the mountainside, maybe in a dynamic action pose. :p:D:):rolleyes:

Forgive me. I couldn’t resist.

And I’m totally with you about putting Paige in that group.

Reaction Score
Hmmm. So not just faces then? Maybe full length carvings on the mountainside, maybe in a dynamic action pose. :p:D:):rolleyes:

Forgive me. I couldn’t resist.

And I’m totally with you about putting Paige in that group.
Maybe just a bust.

Reaction Score
An NC would really enhance her resumé for the mountain, although I can't think of a better 4th person.

Reaction Score
An NC would really enhance her resumé for the mountain, although I can't think of a better 4th person.
Sue Bird? Rebecca Lobo? Tina Charles? There's a few you could pick from that had great careers and won 1-2 championships during their four years. I'd say at minimum you have to make some of the major UConn all-time stat lists (e.g. top ten in career points or assists) and have at least one title under your belt just to be in the discussion.

Reaction Score
Greatest to player to never win a championship.

Until next season that is.
So if she doesn't win would she be the greatest uconn player not to win a championship?

I don't think she can make mount Rushmore at UConn. Maybe mount Rushmore of uconn guards. All imaginery and subjective of course.

Reaction Score
So if she doesn't win would she be the greatest uconn player not to win a championship?

I don't think she can make mount Rushmore at UConn. Maybe mount Rushmore of uconn guards. All imaginery and subjective of course.
I guess so, yeah. All the greats have won a ring.

I don’t know, I feel like just her stats alone could push her up there. I mean, shooting 67% from the floor as a guard against Top 20 teams?? That’s nuts.

Reaction Score
Ah, let's be serious here. You have to be unlucky to play for UConn and not have an NC. Setting aside the NC discussion for a minute, if you look at just basketball dominance and skill would number 4 be Sue? No. How about Rebecca? No. Maybe Tina? No.

So, what's the problem? The ring...

Reaction Score
Ah, let's be serious here. You have to be unlucky to play for UConn and not have an NC. Setting aside the NC discussion for a minute, if you look at just basketball dominance and skill would number 4 be Sue? No. How about Rebecca? No. Maybe Tina? No.

So, what's the problem? The ring...

Chong has three rings. Rings are won by teams, not players.

Reaction Score
Posted this in another thread.

Marin Fader of The Ringer wrote an excellent article about Paige.
"The Evolution of Paige Bueckers" It's not behind a paywall.
Just go to: theringer.com

Reaction Score
As a player only at Uconn Paige deserves to be on a top 4 Mt Rushmore with Dee, Maya, and Stewie. At most schools that would be the end of the analysis, because multiple championships would not be the norm. Here it is different, almost all of Uconn's top players have won one. In the case of the other most likely Mt Rushmore candidates it is not just one, but 3, 2, and 4.

I also wonder if your career after Uconn should hold some weight. We have an incredible number of alums that have WNBA championships and Olympic gold on their resume as well, sometimes more than one WNBA championship and multiple gold medals. Compared to other Uconn greats if Paige doesn't get a ring at Uconn it will frankly standout.

As a player here without any consideration for milestones or thresholds I would include Paige with Dee, Maya, and Stewie. If any of those other standards or a player's post Uconn career is considered Paige is way behind and it is obviously early. Someday Paige may get a WNBA championship, an MVP, or multiple gold medals, but the track record of former Uconn greats is incredible and the standard unbelievably high.

Think about this, the WNBA's career leaders in points (Dee), assists (Sue), and rebounds (Tina) are all Uconn greats, and with Paige on Mt. Rushmore with the big 3, we would be leaving out the career assist and rebound leaders in the best women's basketball league in the world, who also won more than one national championship, gold medals and in Sue's case WNBA titles as well.

I think we need a bigger mountain!

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
As a player only at Uconn Paige deserves to be on a top 4 Mt Rushmore with Dee, Maya, and Stewie. At most schools that would be the end of the analysis, because multiple championships would not be the norm. Here it is different, almost all of Uconn's top players have won one. In the case of the other most likely Mt Rushmore candidates it is not just one, but 3, 2, and 4.

I also wonder if your career after Uconn should hold some weight. We have an incredible number of alums that have WNBA championships and Olympic gold on their resume as well, sometimes more than one WNBA championship and multiple gold medals. Compared to other Uconn greats if Paige doesn't get a ring at Uconn it will frankly standout.

As a player here without any consideration for milestones or thresholds I would include Paige with Dee, Maya, and Stewie. If any of those other standards or a player's post Uconn career is considered Paige is way behind and it is obviously early. Someday Paige may get a WNBA championship, an MVP, or multiple gold medals, but the track record of former Uconn greats is incredible and the standard unbelievably high.

Think about this, the WNBA's career leaders in points (Dee), assists (Sue), and rebounds (Tina) are all Uconn greats, and with Paige on Mt. Rushmore with the big 3, we would be leaving out the career assist and rebound leaders in the best women's basketball league in the world, who also won more than one national championship, gold medals and in Sue's case WNBA titles as well.

I think we need a bigger mountain!
Cannot imagine a monument with Paige that doesn't also have Diana.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Some UConn greats talking freshman Paige. Remember she's been injured and recovering forever since. The championship thing doesn't apply. Teams win championship.

Reaction Score
When I watched the USC game last season, I noticed Paige consoling Juju in the handshake line -- game knows game, as they say -- but in this video you get a clearer view of it. She has an eye on the line before it forms and pulls away from the celebration, and I think it was specifically because she wanted to have a friendly word of encouragement with Juju out of her genuine kindness. She knows what it is to lose a game you have your heart pinned to, after all. This video captures a lot of who Paige really is.

[turn the sound down, because it's a little overwhelming]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom