More about Joey C. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

More about Joey C.

Reaction Score

The shot! Hurley mentioned in last night post game presser that Joey has it in the gene and spoke to his parents during recruiting, and it’s apparently in his family pedigree. This prompted me to do a bit of research, came across this nice write up about him from Athletics (apologies if already posted):

The Kid has heart, balls and grit to come to play for UCONN!

2, probably irrelevant, thoughts:

I broke my hand punching the hotel wall after the San Diego NCAA game, many moons ago.

I am super happy Joey's here. 6th year? See Krauser, K.

Reaction Score
The thing I love about him is that he gets visibly upset when someone scores on him- and his defense looks better 9 games in than it did last month. Knowing his defense needed some improvement at this level, you can tell he’s trying to put in the work to be a better defender. Obviously he can shoot the lights out but he knows he needs to be a 2-way player.
There has got to be help when Joey’s man drives on him. Joey can help himself on d if he tries to force his guy to drive to his off side.

Reaction Score
I have a real soft spot for guys that can put it in the hole. Remember the last few years when we would
have the long excruciating scoring droughts? This kid can obviate that. This changes the psychology of the games.
Opponents will be less emboldened on defense thinking that all they have to do is play hard. We can bitch about the kid's
defense if you want. Just remember the best defense sometimes is a good offense.

Reaction Score
I love that he’s not scared to take the shot in high pressure situations, as you would expect from a veteran player. Several times during the PKI tourney he was the one to jumpstart the offense when other teams would go on a run.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Loved Kromah. Wasn't he on the court when that team won it? He just wanted to do what it took to win and Joey seems the same.
He scored the final points of the NCAA title game from the foul line.

Reaction Score
I have the utmost respect for Joey C. There was a very real possibility he would not play AT ALL when he came here. He could've stayed at a low-major and gotten a guaranteed 30 mpg. Instead, he chose the hard route and put in the work to be a contributor. Now he's got our coaching saying in his post-game comments that he needs to give Joey more minutes. Who would've expected that?

He's going to make some money playing this game because of what he's been able to do this season.
Watch him on the bench. Think he's a future coach, making big money also. Sort of like a traditional grad assistant, but the guy can play.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He’s a lights out shooter and can get to the bucket when you close out too tight. He’s really tough to guard and the fact he’s the 7th guy on the scouting report makes him even more effective. Love love love having here

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The thing is, he was never as high percentage a shooter at San Diego as he is here. Difference between being the guy the scouting report keys on and being a bench player, I guess. He gets some insanely open looks, because they tend to play off him, and he can square up and loft a three ball quicker than any Husky player I can recall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom