Mora Postgame USU | The Boneyard

Mora Postgame USU

Reaction Score
Obviously pretty down, but I thought he showed some level headedness and introspection. Called out his bad D call on the closing half TD. Also, blown coverage and just beat on the others. Thought he made right decision on the PAT because O had momentum and he thought D did too.

Spoke about Houston departure in terms of a bad policy that needs to get fixed. Not good for young adults as it teaches take them easy way out when things don’t go your way.

He wants these kids to succeed so badly and it shows. He knows keeping the team held together and working together is critical to reversing things and said as much.

I feel bad for the players and Mora. They were trying like heck and this one hurts. That said, he has to clean things up on special teams, and the D has to be consistent through 4 Qs, and the O has to show this wasn’t anomaly. I hope they can take away the positives and build from it. Another opportunity arc Rice.

Reaction Score
Despite the record, I’m still 100% convinced that Mora is the right guy for the job. He’s thoughtful, takes accountability and seems to really care about his players. Let’s hope wins will follow.

Reaction Score
Did the offense grow today or was the competition very bad on defense?

And the reason the DB was beat on the last passing TD was that the defense was confused, didn't get lined up until very late, the DB was still getting into position, and got caught flat footed making him easy to run by. The real problem was the confusion.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Despite the record, I’m still 100% convinced that Mora is the right guy for the job. He’s thoughtful, takes accountability and seems to really care about his players. Let’s hope wins will follow.
Agree with everything you've said about HCJM. My doubt is if even a coach of his caliber can solve the conundrum that is UConn Football in the age of the Portal and NIL.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Listening to Mora, he speaks in a composed manner despite the stinging loss. His message of having to stay together and fight their way through sounds sincere. They came close yesterday and certainly could’ve pulled off a win. Last year’s home record was pretty good, this year is quite different…maybe they’ll fight better on the road (in contrast to last year).

Reaction Score
Listening to Mora, he speaks in a composed manner despite the stinging loss. His message of having to stay together and fight their way through sounds sincere. They came close yesterday and certainly could’ve pulled off a win. Last year’s home record was pretty good, this year is quite different…maybe they’ll fight better on the road (in contrast to last year).

People need to stop wondering out loud if he is going to quit.

I listen to the shows, I watch the pressers. He doesn’t sound like he is quitting. Definitely disappointed and frustrated though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

And the reason the DB was beat on the last passing TD was that the defense was confused, didn't get lined up until very late, the DB was still getting into position, and got caught flat footed making him easy to run by. The real problem was the confusion.

Yeah, optimist says they turned the corner.
Pessimist says it was an aberration.

Reaction Score

No. That was by far the worst defense we have played by far.

Watching Duke and Notre Dame last night I could totally see why we couldn’t move the ball against Duke.

Reaction Score
There is no doubt that this team lacks talent. Last year’s did too. In some ways I wonder of last year was a bit of a false flag. A combination of factors, luck, schedule, a bit of a new coach high, caused them to over achieve. Had they finished 4-8, 3-9 expectations would have been more muted, but 6-6 and everyone expected much better. This is a major rebuilding project. It was last year. It still is.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Said differently, if Mora can't get it done, I'm beginning to wonder whether anyone can.

Reaction Score
Mora has been a head coach at the highest level. He knew what he was getting into when he took this job. Doubtful at this stage he's looking for a better gig. With where we are as a program now it's not likely we can hire a better HC that would stick around for any length of time anyway.

Reaction Score
People need to stop wondering out loud if he is going to quit.

I listen to the shows, I watch the pressers. He doesn’t sound like he is quitting. Definitely disappointed and frustrated though.
I really feel for the man. The look on his face when the PAT was blocked clearly showed his pain and disappointment. I felt terrible all night last night and I'm just a fan without investing that much.

But I love his answer that the only way to get through this is to keep fighting and stay together. Here's hoping they can push through against Rice.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Honestly, we need Coach Mora. He's more than qualified, and he is clearly motivated. If anyone thought that this thing would take 2 weeks to fix, they were kidding themselves.

The question now is whether or not we add a fan base can stay in the fight. It's been a longer fight for us for sure. But it's my university. It's my team. I'll be there the next home game...

Reaction Score
People were saying that about Diaco and Pasquoloni.
The difference was Diaco had no proven HC track record and from Day 1 he seemed odd. I think PP would have done a good job as he had a proven track record, but he made a bad decision in selecting GDL as OC. GDL's offense was stale at the end of his Syracuse tenure. He had Joe Moorhead on staff and demoted him, bad mistake. If PP was successful, Moorhead could have been his replacement. And, he brought in Don Brown as DC which was a great decision.

Mora has a proven track record as a college head coach and he was an NFL head coach. Plus, he is a steady leader of a program that had reached the depths of being a bad football team. Both PP and Diaco had more financial resources relative to their competitors than Mora has.

Reaction Score
The difference was Diaco had no proven HC track record and from Day 1 he seemed odd. I think PP would have done a good job as he had a proven track record, but he made a bad decision in selecting GDL as OC. GDL's offense was stale at the end of his Syracuse tenure. He had Joe Moorhead on staff and demoted him, bad mistake. If PP was successful, Moorhead could have been his replacement. And, he brought in Don Brown as DC which was a great decision.

Mora has a proven track record as a college head coach and he was an NFL head coach. Plus, he is a steady leader of a program that had reached the depths of being a bad football team. Both PP and Diaco had more financial resources relative to their competitors than Mora has.
Also Diaco was crazy

Reaction Score
Honestly, we need Coach Mora. He's more than qualified, and he is clearly motivated. If anyone thought that this thing would take 2 weeks to fix, they were kidding themselves.

The question now is whether or not we add a fan base can stay in the fight. It's been a longer fight for us for sure. But it's my university. It's my team. I'll be there the next home game...
I think we will win game against Rice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom