Mora Mid Season Grade | The Boneyard

Mora Mid Season Grade

Reaction Score
1666273416481.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
These things need some internal logic. If the hire was a B+ and has far surpassed expectations, how can the current grade be lower?

He's taken a team which went 1-11 and already has 3 wins with 4-5 wins seemingly the worst case scenario all while using a true frosh QB because the starting QB went down in game 1. And he's lost his top 3 RB's for more than half the games.

Seems like an A is the worst grade he should get.

Reaction Score
He certainly is higher than a B+. Perfect? No. Damn good, yes. A weakness to me is the OC. 2nd half of Ball State was C- game management after an A first half. So, I rate him around 93 with points off for his OC.

Reaction Score
He's taken a team which went 1-11 and already has 3 wins with 4-5 wins seemingly the worst case scenario all while using a true frosh QB because the starting QB went down in game 1. And he's lost his top 3 RB's for more than half the games.

Seems like an A is the worst grade he should get.
And his top 4 WRs, which is a huge loss when you consider the QB situation. With all those targets to throw too, Zion would have come around quicker. I'm extremely optimistic that next season can be really exciting. Mora and Charlton have killed it when you factor in injuries. The defensive staff has done an amazing job too.

Reaction Score
He certainly is higher than a B+. Perfect? No. Damn good, yes. A weakness to me is the OC. 2nd half of Ball State was C- game management after an A first half. So, I rate him around 93 with points off for his OC.
I think the problem there was that Rosa got hurt and he was down to one guy to run it for a bit. It really changed his play calling. In hindsight, he should have just run Burns into the ground. We just needed one TD to put the game away. Still, I can't forget the refs making sure BSU had every opportunity to go ahead.

Reaction Score
He deserves an A.

He has conducted himself professionally and represented the university well.

He has had adversity heaped upon him in terms of injuries and things beyond his control and he has handled them with grace.

His team has performed above expectations.

His hires (the coaches) are both competent and professional.

He reflects well on the AD who hired him.

He's pretty much a home run.

Reaction Score
Nationally, I can see a B. Somewhat uninformed and prob influenced by whitewashing we endured in weeks 2-4.

I imagine this fan base would grade him an A. Resuscitated program, brought in good staff and transfers, recruiting seems good and he doesn’t make excuses and frankly has most of us disappointed we are not 4-4, when truth be told we all know winning 3 games w/1 hand tied behind his back is a huge first step.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

You're giving the OC a C- for second half against Ball St???? Oooff. You're an easy grader.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I think the problem there was that Rosa got hurt and he was down to one guy to run it for a bit. It really changed his play calling. In hindsight, he should have just run Burns into the ground. We just needed one TD to put the game away. Still, I can't forget the refs making sure BSU had every opportunity to go ahead.
Even a field goal... That -11 yard bubble screen to Clercius was killer.

Reaction Score
A-. At worst an A-. The work HCJM has done to instill a winning program culture is unfinished but top notch. I never would have predicted it last summer but I think a 5-7 record for the ‘22 campaign is likely, and the Huskies are still alive for a bowl game. The turn-around is alive and well.

Reaction Score
His article is laughable. When the coaches were hired, his lowest grade was a B-, but he rates actual performance from A to D.

His grading vs when they were hired?

5 improved grades
2 maintained grade
22 downgrades

So, most of the coaches got downgraded and Mora went from a B+ to a B.

My grade for Mora would be A-, especially with all of the injuries. If they had beaten Utah St. and Ball State, I would have given him an A+.

Reaction Score
Easily an A in my opinion. He's single handedly turned the perception around on the program from down trotted to one of borderline competing every week. He's hired all the right guys for the right positions (I believe Charlton will have these team soaring next year and this year is just getting everyone used to the playbook) and he's a constant promoter of the program something we haven't seen at this level period.

Reaction Score
And he lost his Defensive Coordinator 10+/- days before the season started.

Anything less than an A- is unjustifiable.
Losing the D Coordinator 10 days before the first game could be seen as a big negative depending on the reason.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And he lost his Defensive Coordinator 10+/- days before the season started.

Anything less than an A- is unjustifiable.

Saying he "lost" his DC is a bit disingenuous. He fired his DC. And that is something adult head coaches have to do, even if it's a long time coaching pal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom