Mora is right | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Mora is right

Reaction Score
That was my point.

If there is no more NIL coming in, you can boot the lower level players but you're replacing them with the same.

A bunch of players need to go but money is needed to upgrade replacements.

Mora said after the Tennessee game that there were some generous contributions. So I don’t totally believe what you are saying.

We are better off now than last offseason.

Reaction Score
We have to support the program with donations. We need to go after the big companies in ct that they need to be donors to our program. This state has a lot of billionaires and big corporations that should be paying money to UConn athletics. We as fans need to donate also if we want UConn to be successful.
"should be"? Why is that?

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Mora said after the Tennessee game that there were some generous contributions. So I don’t totally believe what you are saying.

We are better off now than last offseason.
He did say that..They will at least be invited to a conference by this time next year..

Reaction Score
He did say that..They will at least be invited to a conference by this time next year..

Well for a time it looked like that might happen.

The Tennessee game had a large UConn donor presence in Knoxville. Apparently some money was raised.

Honestly I don’t understand why you people are pissing and moaning about Mora trying to increase some resources to win more games.

Self sabotage I guess.

Reaction Score
I’m not sorry some of you people were offended. Particularly clueless basketball fans who NIL for 10 guys is the same thing as NIL for a football team.

Mora is right. And I’m sure he is acutely aware of his and the staff’s shortcomings this season. He has talked at length about them.

I’m glad he’s invested.
People are giving mora for not seeing the NIL environment not realizing it's a problem for everybody to navigate and they are all first timers. Look where we were and mora modernized this programs approach to football. Ok. He ain't fresh he ain't 35. But he know what modern football looks like.

Reaction Score
People are giving mora for not seeing the NIL environment not realizing it's a problem for everybody to navigate and they are all first timers. Look where we were and mora modernized this programs approach to football. Ok. He ain't fresh he ain't 35. But he know what modern football looks like.

Keep in mind like 75% of this board was still Pro Edsall heading into 2021.

People actually believed the year off would make us “stronger”.

Meanwhile Edsall refused to play in the spaces that are shaping modern college football. We paid for it and still are.

UConn needed a wake up call. Hopefully it does some good.

Reaction Score
We have to support the program with donations. We need to go after the big companies in ct that they need to be donors to our program. This state has a lot of billionaires and big corporations that should be paying money to UConn athletics. We as fans need to donate also if we want UConn to be successful.
Connecticut has many very wealthy people living within its borders but most of them didn't go to UConn. The initial impact of the football move to D1/Big East (remember the Fiesta Bowl?) combined with the success of the Men's and women's Basketball (and Men's soccer, baseball, field hockey and recently, men's ice hockey) teams along side the millions spent on campus infrastructure, facilities and housing combined to make UConn at Storrs a national presence. Once a safety school, UConn became selective for almost a generation. So, there is almost a generation of really smart and potentially successful past students who may become donors one day. Maybe there will be a UConn equivalent to a Kevin Plank among them.

Reaction Score
Hit the one time donation on the main page. Then scroll down.
Thanks Jim. Yep, I got that, went to the one time "investment" window, chose the level of contribution, was sent to the payment methods page, filled out the info but before I click the "pay" button I see nothing to direct the payment to football only. Am I missing something else? Didn't think I was this bad at this stuff.

Reaction Score
Thanks Jim. Yep, I got that, went to the one time "investment" window, chose the level of contribution, was sent to the payment methods page, filled out the info but before I click the "pay" button I see nothing to direct the payment to football only. Am I missing something else? Didn't think I was this bad at this stuff.
They track when the donations come in and the donations made after the challenge go to football.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I can when I get paid on Thursday for sure.
This is nothing more than advice from someone who has been around the block a few times (currently 63 years old) and has had a four decade career in corporate accounting/finance.

If you are in a financial position where you can afford to donate $5 towards this but not able to make that donation until your next paycheck, you need to reassess your current situation. Create a personal budget. Identify all possible expenses, include consistent, incremental funding for birthday/holiday gifts that you will need to buy throughout the year, reserves for standard items (auto maintenance, recreational activities) and a standard savings amount. Maintain your discipline with this and you will be amazed by how much easier life becomes.

Reaction Score
That is where I also backed out. Elsewhere there is a list of athletes of all sports that the collective currently supports. So I backed out surmising that an earmark was not possible.

Reaction Score
That is where I also backed out. Elsewhere there is a list of athletes of all sports that the collective currently supports. So I backed out surmising that an earmark was not possible.

I could be mistaken but they are pretty much assuming that donations this weekend are for footballl. All of the money matching the donations is going just to football.

They definitely need to fix that.

Bleedingblue NIL allows you to type in “football”.

What there needs to be is a football only collective.

Reaction Score
All one-time investment donations track to football for yesterday and today to help meeting the challenge by Damelio. So you have until the end of today to make donation level of choice.

Reaction Score
He is a communicator and is not afraid to admit past failures or errors which is the mark of a true leader in IMHO. I also love the hook C cap.
I hope you’re right. Some of his recent comments were a disgrace and he was willing to admit it. We’re at a very important crossroads for the program. I hope that Coach Mora leads the way as a coach and educator of young men.

When the team was overachieving last year, we didn’t hear about NIL. He led by example through great coaching and communicating his vision for success. His performance this year was not as strong, so I hope he doesn’t try to hide behind finances to cover up his failures. The truth is, despite his comments and whether any of us like it, he needs to be a fundraiser as part of his job responsibilities. That’s the reality. I continue to have faith in Coach Mora and hope he focuses on the positives of the program rather than the potential pitfalls along the way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom