Mora Fresno post game presser | The Boneyard

Mora Fresno post game presser

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Mora has a good handle on this team. His comments on Zion speak volumes of his understanding of player development and having faith in his players.

He also understands were this team is and what still needs to be done.

Reaction Score
Good point - hearing Edsall throw his players under the bus after game was hard to listen to

Reaction Score
I know, right? It sets up that winning attitude that leads to your football games being featured on Nickelodeon.
Crazy as it sounded at the time, Bob was pretty prescient on that one. The NFL simulcast a couple of games there last year and has the Denver-LA Rams game scheduled for here this Christmas. Stopped clock theory perhaps?

Reaction Score
Love that quote that Mora attributed to Dick Vermeil, "you have to find enough success in the pursuit of it so that you can ultimately achieve it". To me, that is why this victory was so important to keep the hope alive.

Reaction Score
Always appreciate how he takes credit for the losses but gives the players credit for the wins. Always refreshing when coaches don’t throw their players under the bus
I noticed that as well. Any leadership book that I have read always talks about passing the credit and owning the blame. I have worked with plenty of gutless wonders who do the opposite.

Reaction Score
…. and in this instance was quick to give a shout-out to Carlton, whom has been on the receiving end of some less than positive comments here while rewriting a playbook centered around kids who were playing hs this time last year.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
…. and in this instance was quick to give a shout-out to Carlton, whom has been on the receiving end of some less than positive comments here while rewriting a playbook centered around kids who were playing hs this time last year.

Interesting. Josh was effective for UConn but any other minutes he played was going to be at the expense of Adama's minutes and growth. Josh played well for Houston and was a good fit for them.

Reaction Score
Interesting. Josh was effective for UConn but any other minutes he played was going to be at the expense of Adama's minutes and growth. Josh played well for Houston and was a good fit for them.
I’m trying to be serious here!

Reaction Score
I’m just glad that Mora isn’t treating the win like the super bowl like many of us are , myself included. Feels great to have a modicum of hope again but much work remains.

Love his demeanor on the sideline when something goes wrong. Very calmly makes a note… teaching moment for film study or 1:1 with a player …. and moves on. The dude is Uber professional.

Reaction Score
Sure, that's all great, but when will he start to talk about how the players getting bigger, stronger and faster?
And executing better.

Really?! What good would it have been to stand up in front of the media after being totally outmatched against 3 top-25 teams (two of which were on the road) and carved up the kids by stating how the players didn't do that/did do this? That would've been the worst thing he ever could've done for team building/ morale. Have you ever been part of a team?

Reaction Score
Really?! What good would it have been to stand up in front of the media after being totally outmatched against 3 top-25 teams (two of which were on the road) and carved up the kids by stating how the players didn't do that/did do this? That would've been the worst thing he ever could've done for team building/ morale. Have you ever been part of a team?
Pssst ... if you weren't joking with this post, I am pretty sure he was. Guessing you were just playing along with the theme though. ;)

Reaction Score

wp-PPYR-YorkTownSquare-726-re.jpg

Reaction Score
Pssst ... if you weren't joking with this post, I am pretty sure he was. Guessing you were just playing along with the theme though. ;)
No - I was serious because I thought they were. Had a busy day and skimming through the posts of the last 24 + hours. Hopefully you're right in that their sarc was on. Bottom line - I stand up for my guys. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom