Mora - Coach of the Year Snub | The Boneyard

Mora - Coach of the Year Snub

Reaction Score
So, I am 2 days late in seeing this...but why on God's Blue Earth was Mora not included in the Finalists for Coach of the Year but Duke's Coach is?

What else did Mora in this team need to do? He turned the worst team in history into a bowl team....IN ONE YEAR....ONE.

The Duke Coach is a finalist....not sure why.

At this juncture if the Tulane Coach doesn't win, I give up on these darn awards.

Reaction Score
Next year when we go 12-0, he will be nominated. It’s a P5 dominated world out there. Unfortunately I think it would take near perfection to achieve the deserved recognition. That’s been the trend with G5 coaches receiving that award

Reaction Score
Mora certainly deserve to be a finalist. The Army loss took some wind out of our sail unfortunately. Prior to that, Mora got some positive press for coach of the year. After the Army loss, the momentum died down quite a bit.

Like the other poster said, when we go 12-0 next year they will notice.

Reaction Score
I agree that the Army loss hurt the narrative. Let’s send him into 2023 with a victory in the Bowl Game. ESPN is broadcasting the game. If we’re winning they’ll be talking up Mora‘s incredible job.

Reaction Score
New Mexico State had the same type of turnaround and ended by destroying Liberty, which was our best win, but for us it was close. Granted it was awesome to see the turnaround here and the new excitement in the program, but it wasn't unique what happened here.

Reaction Score
New Mexico State had the same type of turnaround and ended by destroying Liberty, which was our best win, but for us it was close. Granted it was awesome to see the turnaround here and the new excitement in the program, but it wasn't unique what happened here.
I think liberty may have given up on the season at that point. Everyone knew their coach was leaving.

Reaction Score
It's because of the perception of UConn. Remember Donald Brown had the like 12th most rushing yards of all time in a season and wasn't even mentioned for the Heisman.

Reaction Score
Army stomped on any possibility of Mora being considered.

Reaction Score
They know he's on the upward trajectory. This year was a start. He'll win it in 3 years after we beat Michigan in the B1G championship game.
There is no possible way UConn will be in the Big 10 three years from now.

Reaction Score
Losing to Army and not going 7-5 probably cost him. Lose the bowl game and it's another sub-.500 season. Go 7-5 and win bowl is 8-5, for us an amazing season.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
There is no possible way UConn will be in the Big 10 three years from now.
O ye of little faith! If I posted 3 years ago that 2022 would see UCONN football in a bowl game after beating BC and UCONN men's and women's basketball and hockey teams nationally ranked, you probably would have responded the same way.

Reaction Score
O ye of little faith! If I posted 3 years ago that 2022 would see UCONN football in a bowl game after beating BC and UCONN men's and women's basketball and hockey teams nationally ranked, you probably would have responded the same way.
I would hope UConn would be in the ACC in the next few years. But let's face facts on the B10: Right now, B10 is considering adding two more teams from the West Coast. Southern teams now in the ACC are possible additions too, if they can find a way to outsmart the GOR. UConn is not in the AAU and will likely not be a member of that elite body for at least five to 10 years. Our research volume is just too small now to join the AAU. Unless we can win a national FBS championship within two years, which is so, so unlikely, the B10 will not ignore our lack of an AAU membership.

Reaction Score
I would hope UConn would be in the ACC in the next few years. But let's face facts on the B10: Right now, B10 is considering adding two more teams from the West Coast. Southern teams now in the ACC are possible additions too, if they can find a way to outsmart the GOR. UConn is not in the AAU and will likely not be a member of that elite body for at least five to 10 years. Our research volume is just too small now to join the AAU. Unless we can win a national FBS championship within two years, which is so, so unlikely, the B10 will not ignore our lack of an AAU membership.
The ACC is going to be torn apart soon enough by the SEC and will start looking like the old BigEast. The AAU requirements obviously don’t apply when it suits the B1G’s interests. UConn is the only high level academic state flag ship for the B1G to grab in the Northeast. Whoever gets us is going to get a market gem and good brand.

Reaction Score
The ACC is going to be torn apart soon enough by the SEC and will start looking like the old BigEast. The AAU requirements obviously don’t apply when it suits the B1G’s interests. UConn is the only high level academic state flag ship for the B1G to grab in the Northeast. Whoever gets us is going to get a market gem and good brand.
UMass and Temple are both top tier of the Carnegie Classification, just like UConn. University of Pittsburgh and Buffalo are at a higher level, both AAU. Hopefully, UConn can soon reach AAU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom