Mookie Betts | The Boneyard

Mookie Betts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mookie Betts is a natural athlete who is struggling In his first year. The Sox have him hitting leadoff which is a good spot for him given his speed and plate dicipline. However he is swinging from the heels at every pitch. He seems to have fallen in love with the home run. Unfortunately he is only 5' 9" and about 160. Someone needs to have a long talk with him. He needs to cut down on his swing and start hitting line drives with an occasional bunt. Mookie on first could be the start of a big inning. The current Mookie hits too many fly balls short of the warning track. They're talking about moving him down in the line-up but I think that would be a mistake.

Reaction Score
I have to say, it brings a smile to my face every time a Sox fans mentions "Mookie".

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Funny how 3 rings in a decade makes it easier to not sweat the small stuff. I hear Mookie and think "Do The Right Thing".

Reaction Score
Funny how 3 rings in a decade makes it easier to not sweat the small stuff. I hear Mookie and think "Do The Right Thing".

I don't believe that one for a second, Waq.

Reaction Score
Like having the worst starting staff in baseball?
The staff wouldn't be so bad if somebody could straighten out Bucholz. He has the stuff to be a top of the rotation starter but he only shows it in 1 out of 3 games. If Bucholz came on the staff would be elevated to mediocre.
They didn't make a deal for a top pitcher in the off season and were never really in contention for one. But we do have the deepest outfield rotation in baseball. At last count the Red Sox had about 20 outfielders.

Reaction Score
Our staff is 28th in ERA, not 30th. Come on.

And now that Masterson is out of the rotation, it will rise quickly.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, Carl Willis seems to have been working wonders. Overall peripherals are still crummy, but there's been a noticeable improvement in Miley/Kelly/Buchholz's last couple of starts each. And Steven Wright could be a nice surprise.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, Carl Willis seems to have been working wonders. Overall peripherals are still crummy, but there's been a noticeable improvement in Miley/Kelly/Buchholz's last couple of starts each. And Steven Wright could be a nice surprise.
True, hey have looked better but Kelly is a head scratcher, another vote for location over power.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Y'know what's funny? I just happened to catch a couple of minutes (all I could take) of that Laettner documentary last night. All the bad feelings came rushing back! that guy!

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
3 hits tonight to follow up his last game where he had a home run.

His BABIP is insanely low for a guy with his line drive rate and speed. I expect some serious improvement in the second half of the season from Mookie because he's been extremely unlucky.

Reaction Score
3 hits tonight to follow up his last game where he had a home run.

His BABIP is insanely low for a guy with his line drive rate and speed. I expect some serious improvement in the second half of the season from Mookie because he's been extremely unlucky.
Betts needs to level out his swing and realize he isn't a home run hitter especially with his speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom