Montverde Academy vs Ranney School at 8pm | The Boneyard

Montverde Academy vs Ranney School at 8pm

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
MVA is crazy good. They have hit like almost every 3 taken. Precious also got one.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
HATE
1549687348240.gif

Reaction Score
Achiuwa's a great athlete but is he the dominant basketball player everyone here is expecting? He's been fair in one and good in one but not great in either of the two games I've seen him play and I know that's a small sample so what am I missing?

I asked Calhoun one time at an AAU tournament (where he was watching Rashamel Jones play) how it was possible to pick out the best players when so many look so good and he simply said you have to see them play a lot so I guess that answers the question but wonder if others have additional thoughts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Montverde Academy also branded with Roselle Catholic of NJ on Saturday, and at the end of the game, it was it was literally a brawl. Still no confirmation if anyone was ejected. After it was cleared, some agreement was made and Roselle Catholic, though down by 20+, basically dribbled the ball in place for the last 120 seconds to end it. I wonder what the big-time college coaches though of this, including UNC's Roy Williams, thought of this.

No. 2 Roselle Catholic vs. Montverde game ends with brawl (VIDEO)

C

Chief00

Calhoun generally did not do this 3 deep stuff, that’s so popular today. At summer events his staff mostly split up so they could watch more players. At times they would sit together to compare observations on a player or to just debrief what they had seen or to show a top target the level of interest.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Calhoun generally did not do this 3 deep stuff, that’s so popular today. At summer events his staff mostly split up so they could watch more players. At times they would sit together to compare observations on a player or to just debrief what they had seen or to show a top target the level of interest.
The ultimate "fly on the wall"
Thanks for the insight Chief00!

C

Chief00

The ultimate "fly on the wall"
Thanks for the insight Chief00!

You’re welcome! To me, it’s interesting the different recruiting strategies coaches use. There’s no right or wrong answer and maybe the same method has different results for different coaches. I think when you are a HOF level coach who sits next to you is almost incidental. The focus is on him.

Reaction Score

Different eras. Most coaches didn't need to even 10 years ago. Kids today are focused on image and social media. Having a full staff there makes them feel important. Back in my day before my knees, shoulders and back gave out on me, it was more about expressing interest and the kid making a college decision. The same is still true for D2 and lower level D1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom