Montrell Dobbs: Not over yet | The Boneyard

Montrell Dobbs: Not over yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Spoke with mont at today's ansonia game. Appears there may have been misunderstanding about his college entry date and this may make it possible for him to go to UConn next year. We expect to hear final word in next week or do.
By the way arkeel newsome broke Alex Thomas' ct' scoring record today with 50 Tds in regular season. Coach P was at ans game a week ago. Arkeel is only a sophomore.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
thanks for the great news!

-i hope we can get dobbs to storrs.
-AN is turning into a hot topic quick. i expect him recruit wise to really heat up this summer hitting his jr year. hope we offer and land him soon!

Reaction Score
I really hope so. I'm rooting for this kid. It seems he's done all the right things, so if he wants to come here, Coach P needs to figure out a way to make it happen.

Reaction Score
What I don't understand is, it's only November. How could he possibly not qualify for admission next August? I mean, he has an entire semester to take whatever courses he needs. Unless I'm really missing something here (not first time), but if he is a course short, just take it in the spring???

Reaction Score
What I don't understand is, it's only November. How could he possibly not qualify for admission next August? I mean, he has an entire semester to take whatever courses he needs. Unless I'm really missing something here (not first time), but if he is a course short, just take it in the spring???
I believe he was going to enroll in January and Milford Prep doesn't offer a spring semester.

Reaction Score

I obviously don't know his situation, but his GPA could be low enough that he can't raise it enough in one semester to meet UConn's standards or his SAT could prevent him from qualifying, although I would think he could continue taking the SAT into the spring trying to get a higher score. Or he could simply have too many required courses to fit into one semester of high school.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
guys Mont is 1 credit short. it has nothing to do with grades right now. he left milford with 3 a's. the issue is this. there was a mess up between dobbs camp-uconn-ncaa about what he needed to do to be eligble for uconn this janurary. there were just recently told about this...there is no spring at milford. further more in order to get this last credit, he would have to spend $ at a CC to get it. the $ isn't a big issue but the loss of a year is. that CC class kills a year. if he goes to a CC he can then be @ uconn for the fall. but there is this catch, non bcs schools like bosie/ecu/marshall can take partial qualifiers which is what dobbs is now. so he could just goto marshall in janurary.
i think i told this story right-correct me if i'm wrong.

the reason alot here including me are so interested in him is:
-he is home grown and is a great player. ansonia has been a small fball factory for a while now and its not stopping anytime soon.
-this is one of the first of many to come hopefully that grow up watching uconn football and want to play for the state U, not bc/psu/cuse etc. dobbs has been vocal about it, telling other ppl like lville/bc that offering won't matter. he wanted uconn!
-conn12 has been telling us about him for a while now and has been a great asset to this board. he is a great guy and many here can't get by simple things(he posted in caps so fuucking what...) in order to enjoy the fact that they have a great asset in uconns favor.
-i hope the best for the kid but i really want him home playing for us.
-being 1 credit short just sucks, hopefully the ncaa can wavier him or something.

if we can get dobbs to storrs for sure then i hope the staff then goes to work on jordan armstrong and making sure he ends up here also!

Reaction Score
I agree 110%. I think he is a must get bc he WANTED to come to UConn from the get go. Hopefully he's the first of many who truly feel that way.

Also I love Conn12's posts. Idk why people ride him so hard bc he writes in caps. Caps or not, the dude provides great info on in-state kids.

Reaction Score
Admittedly, I don't know all the details.

But this sure feels like one of those cases where the NCAA needs to find a way to do the right thing. A kid is being hurt and it's not going to benefit anyone as a result. No point. Unfortunately, the NCAA often struggles in these very situations.

Reaction Score
Admittedly, I don't know all the details.

But this sure feels like one of those cases where the NCAA needs to find a way to do the right thing. A kid is being hurt and it's not going to benefit anyone as a result. No point. Unfortunately, the NCAA often struggles in these very situations.
I wouldn't say the NCAA struggles. They're fairly proficient at making the wrong decision.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I say we just stack our team with former Ansonia RBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom