Money Rec’d to Fix Chairbacks | The Boneyard

Money Rec’d to Fix Chairbacks

Reaction Score
I know a snake oil salesman. He won't come cheap. Will that work???

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Every seat at the Rent should be a seat back. Or take the seat backs out of the upper deck (especially the upper 3/4) and bring them down to the 100 level.

Give fans a reason - any reason - to go to the Rent. We all know it won't be the football that brings folks out in 2019. Might as well make it as fan-friendly as possible until we're able to tackle someone again.

Reaction Score
Every seat at the Rent should be a seat back. Or take the seat backs out of the upper deck (especially the upper 3/4) and bring them down to the 100 level.

Give fans a reason - any reason - to go to the Rent. We all know it won't be the football that brings folks out in 2019. Might as well make it as fan-friendly as possible until we're able to tackle someone again.

I doubt there is a college football stadium anywhere in this country with all chair back seating.

Reaction Score

We are now officially in the silly season.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I have absolutely no clue how this could require a quarter of a million dollars. It isnt every seat, its the broken ones.

Reaction Score
I doubt there is a college football stadium anywhere in this country with all chair back seating.

When the RENT was designed, it was from the Louisville (all chair back seating) blueprint. UConn opted for a more opulent Jumbotron & decreased chairback seating to cut costs.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We are now officially in the silly season.

Did you know the Rent was supposed to be all chair backs? But that would have decreased capacity, cost more money, and taken a bit more time so they decided to strip the chair backs. I don't think anyone but seagulls have sat in the upper chair backs in the past 5 years.

Reaction Score
Did you know the Rent was supposed to be all chair backs? But that would have decreased capacity, cost more money, and taken a bit more time so they decided to strip the chair backs. I don't think anyone but seagulls have sat in the upper chair backs in the past 5 years.
That is where we always sit and there are usually plenty of people around us. Exactly on the 50.

Reaction Score
I had a chance a while back to speak with the stadium construction manager who confirmed that at least two other sections that were planned for each side of the existing chair backs was scrapped to help fund the audio/visual aspects. He said despite allocating the funds, they never got the sound system to work correctly and even today it has its “echoes” and dead spots. When announcements come from someone speaking from the Jumbotron they are “mostly unintelligible”. The field announcer isn’t much clearer, it seems the higher the pitch the worse the clarity. The band amplification from its corner seating has also been a constant sore point.

Reaction Score
I have seen bands in different places in other stadiums . If the band amplification is not right then move them to the middle of the student section. They used to have the PA feed broadcast in the bathrooms and that is now stopped.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn opted for a more opulent Jumbotron & decreased chairback seating to cut costs.

Big Lew also mentioned price level differentiation for having benches. But that was Lew, if you didn't have money he wasn't interested.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom