Mo'ne puts her UConn request in headlines .. | The Boneyard

Mo'ne puts her UConn request in headlines ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mo'ne Davis' interest in UConn has been spelled out in other posts, so I thought that I would share what was in my local paper (Daily Press, Newport News, VA) yesterday. Big surprise to see UConn in the headlines with her.

"I want to go to UConn and be the point guard. That's like my dream.... That's for Geno. Geno has to know"

Mo'ne Davis & UConn.JPG

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I love this kid. Why not say that on national television when you're 13? So awesome.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Love her level headed interviews and this 13 year old has that "cut your heart out" stare on demand. Have you seen it? Who knows what the future holds, but she has made her wishes abundantly clear!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
One day at a time, little girl...don't rush things. Work hard, stay healthy, keep your feet on the ground, get good grades, enjoy life...

Then get your tush to UConn!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Love her level headed interviews and this 13 year old has that "cut your heart out" stare on demand. Have you seen it? Who knows what the future holds, but she has made her wishes abundantly clear!

Come to think of it, Geno has said on numerous occasions how much he much prefers the girls that *know* they want UCONN, period, to the ones who spend a long time shopping around and even then aren't quite sure which school to pick. I think in the case of Miss Davis, we have the former :)

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
The other day Mo'ne Davis was at the Phoenix Mercury-Minnesota Lynx game giving Brittney Griner an autographed copy of her Sports Illustrated cover and then getting an autograph on her Minnesota Lynx shirt from Maya Moore. The rest of the time she was wearing a UConn shirt. Now, this: Mo'ne at Dodger Stadium giving Yasiel Puig her autograph on a baseball. This kid is something. I'll be rooting for her to play for the Huskies in about five years. We'll see.

BwksXZjCMAENLGv.0.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Reaction Score
Mo'ne Davis' interest in UConn has been spelled out in other posts, so I thought that I would share what was in my local paper (Daily Press, Newport News, VA) yesterday. Big surprise to see UConn in the headlines with her.

"I want to go to UConn and be the point guard. That's like my dream.... That's for Geno. Geno has to know"

View attachment 6643
Anyone notice who wrote the article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member