Monday at XL is an opportunity to show we belong | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Monday at XL is an opportunity to show we belong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For the next 24 hours, the entire UConn athletic machinery from Susan & Warde on down should be devoting ALL their energies to packing the freaking XL Center Monday night and turn it into a pep rally only for the team but for the school. I mean a full-on PR press. Ask to talk to Ray Dunaway and all the other radio people in the morning to get people to the game. All-in on social media. Ask the Governor to tell the state if they really care about UConn to show up Monday and support the team and the school. Yes, it's short notice and UConn is not very light on its feet when it comes to stuff like this. But as Bobby Kennedy said, if not now, when? I fear that anything less than a sellout will be used as evidence by those who would keep UConn from the big-boy table. Think optics. If the student section isn't full let people sit there so it looks good on TV.

Yes Susan we know there are lots of things we can't control. I'm tired of hearing about things that are not in our control. This is. The next 24 hours are entirely in your control. Get the people in athletics and marketing moving. This is the perfect stage and time to deliver a positive message for UConn. KO and the boys are doing their job. Be a leader and do yours.

HuskyFanDan...you have two accounts on the boneyard?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
No, every seat wasn't filled. I'd call it 90%, and the crowd was VERY in to it the first half. Obviously not in the 2nd half. They wanted to, but they had no opportunity to ride some momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom