Monday (3/11 games) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Monday (3/11 games)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
South Dakota St. rolled today and it looks like South Dakota will be joining them shortly in the Summit League title game. Should be battle between those two, might be fighting for only 1 Tourney berth.
South Dakota State is a 6 seed and South Dakota is a 7 seed. If either of these are not in and Tenn is then it is a shame that the committee would reward a team seeded as an 11 over a 6 and 7.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Former LV Middleton having another excellent game breathing non-holly air.

Reaction Score
State just 2-12 from 3. If they can get a few of those to go down in the 4th ....
though no doubt Baylor's D has something to do with the %

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
South Dakota State is a 6 seed and South Dakota is a 7 seed. If either of these are not in and Tenn is then it is a shame that the committee would reward a team seeded as an 11 over a 6 and 7.

Plebe said both are locks, I'll take his word for it.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Iowa State giving Baylor a stiff challenge. Whatever happens here, they've pretty much sewn up their hosting spot, I'd say.

Middleton having a great game. She's not known for her scoring but she had a season-high 24 yesterday vs. Texas and already 18 today.

Baylor's defense is just so tough. Their offense can be choppy at times but that defense erases a lot of offensive flaws.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Baylor finally clamping down hard. up 59-46 with 5' left

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yeesh. 9 Big 12 tournament titles in the past 10 years for Baylor. It's like Stanford in the Pac-12 in the 1990s and 2000s.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yeesh. 9 Big 12 tournament titles in the past 10 years for Baylor. It's like Stanford in the Pac-12 in the 1990s and 2000s.

With Aston "mismanaging" her talent and OU completely off the rails, Baylor will not have much competition for the next decade.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It's like Stanford in the Pac-12 in the 1990s and 2000s.

Apparently they've won 13 of the 18 conference tournaments and have been in the title game 16 times. It's almost as if you can't have a Pac 12 Championship game w/out them.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Summary: Another very "chalk" day all around. For all the talk of parity, there haven't been any major surprises since Arkansas beat SC and Washington beat Oregon St. (I don't consider Arkansas over A&M a major surprise due to the absence of Carter.)

[Edit to add: One notable mid-major upset in the Mountain West quarterfinals: #7 San Diego St (14-17, 7-11) upset #2 New Mexico (24-6, 14-4) in overtime. Tough loss for the Lobos, but they are virtually guaranteed a WNIT bid if they want it.]

Winners in bold below:

Championship games:
MAAC: Quinnipiac (1) vs. Marist (3)
AAC: UConn (1) vs. UCF (2)
Big 12: Baylor (1) vs. Iowa St (2)

Big East semifinals:
Marquette (1) vs. Georgetown (4)
DePaul (2) vs. Creighton (6)

Summit League semifinals:
South Dakota St (1) vs. Oral Roberts (4)
South Dakota (2) vs. North Dakota (6)

Horizon League semifinals:
Wright St (1) vs. IUPUI (4)
Green Bay (2) vs. Youngstown St (3)

WCC semifinals:
Gonzaga (1) vs. St. Mary's (4)
BYU (2) vs. Pepperdine (3)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With Aston "mismanaging" her talent and OU completely off the rails, Baylor will not have much competition for the next decade.
If you go back a decade, we were in as many B12 tourney finals as anyone other than Baylor ... and we’ve been in the SEC for the majority of that time period.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Baylor on a great regular season and winning the Big 12 tournament!

D1bUG7AWsAEjdOu.jpg

Special group they got this year! Love this picture.

Reaction Score
Great game between Baylor and Iowa State. Former lady vol showing what she can do. Holly totally missused her while she was at TN. Baylor too dominate inside and on defense for most teams. Notre Dame matches up well with them though.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
People can say what they want about Baylor being number one. Imo, Notre Dame is the best team playing now and would beat Baylor. Baylor can't score with them and have lost in recent years with outstanding talent to teams with lesser talent. I believe UConn has the best chance of beating ND, that is, if UConn can make it to the FF. A team with accurate three point shooters and a little height, would make it hard for Baylor to win.

Reaction Score
People can say what they want about Baylor being number one. Imo, Notre Dame is the best team playing now and would beat Baylor. Baylor can't score with them and have lost in recent years with outstanding talent to teams with lesser talent. I believe UConn has the best chance of beating ND, that is, if UConn can make it to the FF. A team with accurate three point shooters and a little height, would make it hard for Baylor to win.
Notre Dame is very good but Baylor has one of the best defenses in the country! I also don’t think turner and shepherd can keep up with cox and Brown! Cox can do everything like shepherd! I also think Didi Richards can shut down arike! The only person I’m worried about on Notre dame’s team is Jackie young! But hopefully Baylor and Notre Dame will get to play in the tournament

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I would love to see a ND-Baylor matchup. I just watched ND for 3 days in person....... and Im not sure anyone is beating them the way they are playing currently. Wanted to see them in a rematch with Miami, but alas... Syracuse went off on them Friday morning. Looks like I will be seeing Baylor play in person in a few weeks. Really looking forward to that.

Reaction Score
If you go back a decade, we were in as many B12 tourney finals as anyone other than Baylor ... and we’ve been in the SEC for the majority of that time period.

Yea, but just like everyone else y'all didn't win very many.

Reaction Score

Difference is ND doesn't play good defense. You put a good defensive team on them and all those points will become a lot harder. Baylor can score and has the better defense. If they played it would be a good game, but I could see BU pulling it out.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see a ND - BU matchup too. Baylor's smothering defense versus Notre Dame's high octane offense. I think the difference might be whether Baylor can stop the Irish transition game or not.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see a ND - BU matchup too. Baylor's smothering defense versus Notre Dame's high octane offense. I think the difference might be whether Baylor can stop the Irish transition game or not.

But Baylor has transition game also....so can the Irish stop Baylor's?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The thinking was that the way to beat ND was to keep them out of transition and force them to score in the half-court. ND said fine, we’ll just crash the boards and grab 20+ offensive boards. It seemed like some of ND’s best offense this weekend was their 2nd and 3rd shots. Baylor’s size would certainly counter some of that offensive rebounding. Still, Baylor scored in the 60s last night with no made 3s and in the 60s against UConn. That may not be enough against certain opponents. Will be fun to watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom