Monday (3/11 games) | The Boneyard

Monday (3/11 games)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Championship games:
MAAC: Quinnipiac (1) vs. Marist (3) (2:30pm ET, ESPNU)
AAC: UConn (1) vs. UCF (2) (7pm, ESPN2)
Big 12: Baylor (1) vs. Iowa St (2) (9pm, FS1)

== == == == == ==

Big East semifinals (on FS1):
Marquette (1) vs. Georgetown (4) (4pm ET)
DePaul (2) vs. Creighton (6) (6:30pm)

Summit League semifinals (on ESPN+):
South Dakota St (1) vs. Oral Roberts (4) (1pm ET)
South Dakota (2) vs. North Dakota (6) (3:30pm)

Horizon League semifinals (on ESPN+):
Wright St (1) vs. IUPUI (4) (1pm ET)
Green Bay (2) vs. Youngstown St (3) (3:30pm)

WCC semifinals (on theW.tv: West Coast Conference Official Athletic Site):
Gonzaga (1) vs. St. Mary's (4) (3pm ET)
BYU (2) vs. Pepperdine (3) (5pm)

Other conferences in action:
Quarterfinals: Mountain West, Patriot League, Northeast
First round: MEAC, Big Sky, MAC, Sun Belt

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It's a shame that ESPN would rather have their talking/babbling heads shows on this afternoon instead of WCBB. But that's the way it has always been and will always be.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, at least they're showing the Quinnipiac game on the U.

I have been surprised that so little interest has been paid to our little cousins. If I am correct, they are 18-0 in the MAAC. Whatever the strength of conference, that is still to be admired. I will try to sneak out and watch. :):)

If they lose, are they out of the Tournament? Their RPI is 45 so is that not enough?

Plebe

Reaction Score
I have been surprised that so little interest has been paid to our little cousins. If I am correct, they are 18-0 in the MAAC. Whatever the strength of conference, that is still to be admired. I will try to sneak out and watch. :):)

If they lose, are they out of the Tournament? Their RPI is 45 so is that not enough?
I'm afraid it's auto-bid or bust for Quinnipiac today. They just don't have the résumé for an at-large. Quinnipiac has zero top-50 wins, and their only top-100 wins are over Drexel and Harvard. It's true they don't have any really bad losses, but if they were to lose today to Marist (sub-100 in the RPI), that would be a bad loss.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm afraid it's auto-bid or bust for Quinnipiac today. They just don't have the résumé for an at-large. Quinnipiac has zero top-50 wins, and their only top-100 wins are over Drexel and Harvard. It's true they don't have any really bad losses, but if they were to lose today to Marist (sub-100 in the RPI), that would be a bad loss.

Thanks. Can always count on you (@Plebe) giving the best and most rapid analysis. :)

Reaction Score

The goal of her OOC scheduling is to still be in the running for a bid even with a conference loss, but that may be tough this year.

There’re turning into the UConn of the MAAC though — I think they have something of a 55+ winning streak going in the conference.

They should have beat Texas.

It would be a huge upset if they lost to Marist today.

Reaction Score
I actually would have rather Baylor played Texas again, but at least ISU had to play a tough game. So hopefully they will be slow and tired since it will be 3rd game in 3 days.

Reaction Score
I was wondering what would happen if you ran the women's teams through the new NET ranking system being used by the men. So I googled, and of course someone has done it (caveat: I think they're using the NET formulas but I don't know anything about this site).

https://herosports.com/rankings/college-d1-womens-basketball

I suspect people will hate this even more than Creme's predictions. 1-25 in groups of 4 to give how teams would be seeded if only NET was used:

ND
Baylor
L'ville
Stanford

Oregon
UConn
Iowa
Miss St

NC St
Iowa St
Syracuse
Marquette

Gonzaga
Maryland
UCF
Drake

Texas A&M
Miami
S. Carolina
Florida State

Kentucky
DePaul
Arizona State
Oregon St

James Madison

Plebe

Reaction Score
I was wondering what would happen if you ran the women's teams through the new NET ranking system being used by the men. So I googled, and of course someone has done it (caveat: I think they're using the NET formulas but I don't know anything about this site).

https://herosports.com/rankings/college-d1-womens-basketball

I suspect people will hate this even more than Creme's predictions. 1-25 in groups of 4 to give how teams would be seeded if only NET was used:

ND
Baylor
L'ville
Stanford

Oregon
UConn
Iowa
Miss St

NC St
Iowa St
Syracuse
Marquette

Gonzaga
Maryland
UCF
Drake

Texas A&M
Miami
S. Carolina
Florida State

Kentucky
DePaul
Arizona State
Oregon St

James Madison
I think that's the RPI rankings, no?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Marist got off to a red-hot start. Hit their first 6 shots and led 15-10 before Quinnipiac rallied to take the lead momentarily. Marist is 4-6 from the arc and leads 20-18 after 1Q.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Marist got off to a red-hot start. Hit their first 6 shots and led 15-10 before Quinnipiac rallied to take the lead momentarily. Marist is 4-6 from the arc and leads 20-18 after 1Q.

Come on. Quinnipiac. Get it together.

Reaction Score
Entertaining game ---- Q getting much more aggressive defending the 3 point line now.

I've watched this kid for a while now and Jen Fay may be gutsiest WBB player in CT IMO

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Halftime in Albany - Quinnipiac up 38 - 29 over Marist.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice 20-9 2Q for Quinnipiac. They do not have a single foul in the 1st half. Geno would be impressed.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Quinnipiac is dialing in their defense. Marist's Grace Vander Weide, who on average is their 4th leading scorer, has had the hot hand with 12 points. Q's defense was more focused on guarding Hand and Gilmer, both of whom average about 16 ppg.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Have to give some props to Jen Fay, what a money big-game player. She already has 22 points on 8-12 shooting, 5-7 from the arc, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals.

McClure is also a very talented player, has 13 points.

Q is threatening to blow Marist out, now up 18 in mid-3Q.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Quinnipiac's lead is up to 18.

Fay is having an excellent game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They are playing beautiful basketball 16 A on 21 baskets.

O Rebounds 13-2 (9-20 from 3). That says it all.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Checking other scores: Gonzaga is in a dogfight in the WCC semifinals, down 32-28 at halftime to St. Mary's.

If St. Mary's can win this game, it would put them in the mix for a possible at-large bid.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Watching Quinnipiac on offense is like watching UConn during the Stewie years. The team sets up at the foul line with that entire area from the foul line to the end line open to run pick in roles, back door cuts and the like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom