Molly, Molly, Molly ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Molly, Molly, Molly ...

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, and I have been watching her play since her freshman year, the same thread runs through. For some reason she will not shoot. Even when wide open, and that has been countless times, she either passes the ball or gets tied up. Having said that, Uconn needs players like Molly who are willing to sacrifice their selves for the benefit of the team, who make people better in practice, who are cheerleaders, and who represent everything that is good about the Uconn Women's basketball team.
Well said !

Reaction Score
Get your adverbs here......

sorry, had to do it. If you’re younger than I (50) you may not get it :)

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
There was an article in the Courant this morning in which Geno was quoted as saying that he needs to meter Crystal's minutes since she isn't 100% recovered from her surgery, and (he says) he hasn't been doing a good job of that yet. The article mentioned that Molly was one of the possibilities.

I hope that she becomes the primary alternative when Crystal needs a break. I think most, if not all, of her problems result from the fact that she gets few-and-far-between minutes, and that most of those problems would disappear if her minutes were more predictable and greater in number.

Reaction Score
Those comments aboutMolly were by the writer not Geno. They are using Christyn in practice. Seriously Molly is NOT going to be the point guard backup. Love Molly as a person but come on.

Reaction Score
Court awareness and confidence in your abilities never comes to some players. IMHO, other veteran players need to do their jobs and get her comfortable. As a former point guard, her struggles will continue unless her fellow players get in her grill or she will be a bench player forever......Molly, is a great team player that is not comfortable at this level.

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks or hopes Molly will play any role than what she has is dreaming. She has the skills. If she just adjusts her game a little, but I think mentally it’s just not there. She always looks like things are moving too fast for her. All she has to start doing is slow down mentally and physically, take care of the ball and get the team into its sets and hit the open shot which we know she can. It unfortunately I don’t expect things to change.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks or hopes Molly will play any role than what she has is dreaming. She has the skills. If she just adjusts her game a little, but I think mentally it’s just not there. She always looks like things are moving too fast for her. All she has to start doing is slow down mentally and physically, take care of the ball and get the team into its sets and hit the open shot which we know she can. It unfortunately I don’t expect things to change.

People were saying the same thing about Kyla until the Virginia game.

Molly won’t be a star this season, but there will be points when she shines.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, and I have been watching her play since her freshman year, the same thread runs through. For some reason she will not shoot. Even when wide open, and that has been countless times, she either passes the ball or gets tied up. Having said that, Uconn needs players like Molly who are willing to sacrifice their selves for the benefit of the team, who make people better in practice, who are cheerleaders, and who represent everything that is good about the Uconn Women's basketball team.
Molly is also smart and an excellent student...likely headed ( I think ) for medical school. Maybe she will soon realize that "this is it" for her and basketball. These are her last opportunities to show herself and the fan base what she is capable of doing on the court. Maybe the light will switch on.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
People were saying the same thing about Kyla until the Virginia game.

Molly won’t be a star this season, but there will be points when she shines.

She will have opportunities in conference but she needs to take advantage

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom