Molly, Molly, Molly ... | The Boneyard

Molly, Molly, Molly ...

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Three times in the last possession of the first half your teammates gave you the ball each time. Twice, IMO, you passed up good shots and the other time you could have shot under duress. I want to share the advise of hockey great 'Boom Boom' Geoffrion. When asked what advise he would give to young hockey players he replied, "Three things, shoot the puck, shoot the puck, shoot the puck!" Molly I think every one wants to see you light it up. We have belief in the talent you have. So from, at least me to you. Shoot the ball, Shoot the ball, Shoot the ball.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. Shooting is largely a confidence thing and if she is bothered by her hand I understand why she didn't shoot. Otherwise she was solid.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. Shooting is largely a confidence thing and if she is bothered by her hand I understand why she didn't shoot. Otherwise she was solid.
The rumor is she takes 1000 shots a day after practice. (hyperbole.) Almost worthless. She needs to practice shooting under duress.

Reaction Score
During that broadcast the camera panned to the Connecticut bench and Molly was sitting next to Evina who was rocking out - dancing. Molly look like she was kind of embarrassed by the whole thing. LOL

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Three times in the last possession of the first half your teammates gave you the ball each time. Twice, IMO, you passed up good shots and the other time you could have shot under duress. I want to share the advise of hockey great 'Boom Boom' Geoffrion. When asked what advise he would give to young hockey players he replied, "Three things, shoot the puck, shoot the puck, shoot the puck!" Molly I think every one wants to see you light it up. We have belief in the talent you have. So from, at least me to you. Shoot the ball, Shoot the ball, Shoot the ball.
This reminds me of brother-in-law at Whaler games yelling "Shooot! Shoooot! Shoot da puck! If you don't shoot, you can't score! Shoooooot!" Yeah, he was that guy. If you were in our section, you probably remember him.

Reaction Score
I will serenade her from California if it helps:

Molly, Molly, quite contrary
Why doesn't your confidence grow?

Reaction Score
Molly sometimes plays scared...understandable if she was a freshman.....maybe the chess team is her destiny once her hand heals.....:p

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
This isn't a surprise - IMO she's playing like she has her first three seasons. It's sad but the fact is, when she's on the floor, when UConn is on offense, it's pretty much 4 on 5. There's not much need for the other team's defense to pay her much heed.

It hurts to say this, especially because she has shown on occasion that she has a decent shot.

I thrill whenever Kyla makes a shot and I want to feel the same for Molly.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Thanks for mentioning Boom Boom Geoffrion. I played hockey with his son Danny back in 1969 and 1970. I actually played in an all star game with Boom Boom sharing the point with me. It was All Stars vs coaches, etc. He told me when he gives me the puck to shoot it. I did, I dint score but I listened to him. Great guy.

Reaction Score
Thanks for mentioning Boom Boom Geoffrion. I played hockey with his son Danny back in 1969 and 1970. I actually played in an all star game with Boom Boom sharing the point with me. It was All Stars vs coaches, etc. He told me when he gives me the puck to shoot it. I did, I dint score but I listened to him. Great guy.
Glad to hear that name again. He was a favorite of my high school crew even though we were Bruins fans

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Now that sounds cool. I should have written the quite in accent like "Tree dings shoot da puck, shoot da puck shoot da puck"

Reaction Score
I am a big supporter of Geoffrion, but Molly is just not a shooter. She can but she won't. Somewhere, in her development, she got the idea that being a supportive player where hustle, effort, ball security and assists define an excellent teammate. Up until now, she has excelled only at hustle and effort. This year, we have seen a major improvement in ball security and assists. Not sure she will ever take that shot unless it is embarrassing to pass it up. And Molly is more likely to have success shooting when she doesn't think about it, but simply puts it up as part of a natural flow. We'll see.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am a big supporter of Geoffrion, but Molly is just not a shooter. She can but she won't. Somewhere, in her development, she got the idea that being a supportive player where hustle, effort, ball security and assists define an excellent teammate. Up until now, she has excelled only at hustle and effort. This year, we have seen a major improvement in ball security and assists. Not sure she will ever take that shot unless it is embarrassing to pass it up. And Molly is more likely to have success shooting when she doesn't think about it, but simply puts it up as part of a natural flow. We'll see.

Maybe seeing her bench mate Kyla open up a bit will get Molly going a bit.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The rumor is she takes 1000 shots a day after practice. (hyperbole.) Almost worthless. She needs to practice shooting under duress.
“Practice”... not a game, not a game, “Practice”

Reaction Score
Maybe the Unsinkable Molly Bent will be the best cheerleader ever....BTW its 75 degrees here in the Sunshine State :cool:

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, and I have been watching her play since her freshman year, the same thread runs through. For some reason she will not shoot. Even when wide open, and that has been countless times, she either passes the ball or gets tied up. Having said that, Uconn needs players like Molly who are willing to sacrifice their selves for the benefit of the team, who make people better in practice, who are cheerleaders, and who represent everything that is good about the Uconn Women's basketball team.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Maybe the Unsinkable Molly Bent will be the best cheerleader ever....BTW its 75 degrees here in the Sunshine State :cool:
From a couple years ago!

unsinkableMB.jpg

Reaction Score
She can shoot her problem is turnovers and controlling the ball. Conlon learned hervsenior year to shoot when necessary , protect the ball and dish off. 11 minutes with 3 turnovers won’t get the coach to be confident. Molly there is a spot there but NO turnovers and don’t shoo just dish.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom