Molly In Search Of Junior Achievement | The Boneyard

Molly In Search Of Junior Achievement

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Huskies' Bent in search of junior achievement

"I didn't do the things that I needed to do for the coaches to have confidence in me and for my teammates to have confidence in me," Bent said. "That's something I want to change and I can do that by doing the things that I know I can do. I don't have to do more than that. We have a lot of stars on this team who can do it all. Getting in there and giving them productive minutes could really help them."

"Most of it is from your coaches and teammates who have expectations for you because they know what you can do," Bent said. "But you also have expectations for yourself. It's no fun to not reach your goals. Coming here was a goal for me, but once I got here I had other goals. I haven't reached the goals that I wanted."

Great young person. Love to see her achieve her goals.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It’s impossible not to like this young lady. IMO, she has become a better defender, using her quickness to harass opposing guards. On offense she simply needs to play under control, limit TO’s and have the confidence to take and make shots. If she can do that, she’ll get more PT

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
" RELAX! Or call it confidence.
Learning to relax will certainly help her make shots, but before she gets to that point, Molly needs the confidence to actually take shots, which she seems to frequently pass up.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
There is an expression in baseball that a full mind makes for an empty bat.

My advice to her would be to play with confidence. Trick your mind into being confident if need be. Don't be tentative. Opponents sense and see that and take full advantage. Stop thinking and trust that the work you have put in - in her case, a whole lot of work, that is most definitely not an issue - has prepared you to play.

I think she is a perfectionist playing an imperfect game. Ironically, trying too hard to not make a mistake is itself a mistake.

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Some day, Molly will be able to tell her granddaughter, Gena, that she was the starting guard when the most famous and accomplished program in women's basketball history visited Italy. And that will be the least of it. Her hard court achievements may not be overwhelming but I bet she leaves her mark on society in other ways.

Reaction Score
I think that Molly is a wonderful, highly competitive, motivated person whose answer to excelling probably was always hard work and more hard work.
The struggles she has now at this level, can and will not be made better by more hard work. Almost everyone's advice seems spot on, but obviously it is much harder done than said.
She's also very sensible and reasonable in her expectations in how and what she can offer to be and become a valued part of the team. She knows she's never going to be a star, and wishes just to help her team be better.
I have essentially two thoughts about this. First is I hope Molly can learn to relax and enjoy the game more and then her allow her skills abilities and confidence to meet her capabilities. The second thought is maybe that is not possible or just doesn't work for her. Some athletes and some people somehow can't get out of their own way. If that becomes the way it is or remains, I hope Molly can truly emotionally accept and believe that she already is a valued, very important member of the team even if she never overcomes her fears / anxieties / lack of confidence. Her continuing efforts, positive team attitude set an incredible example for all!
Go Molly! Enjoy your remaining two years as a U Conn Husky! Many good things will be forthcoming!
Bronx23

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom