Mojo feels good - Official UCONN vs Pitt prediction thread | The Boneyard

Mojo feels good - Official UCONN vs Pitt prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pitt's troubles don't bode well for them against the opportunistic Husky defense. There is more good play from the pups on that side of the ball - Tymeer Brown and Smallwood have solid games. But, it's the vets that make the big plays in this one. Pretty sure Sio brings one in, but not sure if it's a fumble recovery or INT. Reyes has two sacks and two tackles for loss.

Johny Mac pitches two TDs and McCombs gets a solid 100 yards that allows UCONN to control clock. McCummings finally breaks a run over 20 yards.

This one is all Huskies 24-13.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'll go this far, if we keep our front seven in alignments where gap responsibilities can be kept, Pitt will have trouble moving the ball against us and we should win by more than a TD. If we run a lot of odd sets (for the purpose of elaborate blitzes), Graham will be able to do to our defense what he did to USF and we will get smoked.

We will win the battles at the line of scrimmage when our front seven is in position. I still don't see why we often (when the opponent is in a potential running down) leave huge holes between our defenders up front.

Reaction Score
I'll go this far, if we keep our front seven in alignments where gap responsibilities can be kept, Pitt will have trouble moving the ball against us and we should win by more than a TD. If we run a lot of odd sets (for the purpose of elaborate blitzes), Graham will be able to do to our defense what he did to USF and we will get smoked.

We will win the battles at the line of scrimmage when our front seven is in position. I still don't see why we often (when the opponent is in a potential running down) leave huge holes between our defenders up front.

Could not agree more. And given the discipline we played with against USF I am optimistic that Brown will scheme accordingly.

Reaction Score
UConn 24
Pitt 23

Last second Field Goal, Teggart once again the main attraction

An unknown person steps up and goes for 2 TDs.

Not sure who, but we'll find out. :)

Reaction Score
Pitt's troubles don't bode well for them against the opportunistic Husky defense. There is more good play from the pups on that side of the ball - Tymeer Brown and Smallwood have solid games. But, it's the vets that make the big plays in this one. Pretty sure Sio brings one in, but not sure if it's a fumble recovery or INT. Reyes has two sacks and two tackles for loss.

Johny Mac pitches two TDs and McCombs gets a solid 100 yards that allows UCONN to control clock. McCummings finally breaks a run over 20 yards.

This one is all Huskies 24-13.

Have any of your predictions been correct? Not ball busting, just curious.

Reaction Score
Defense scores safety and pix 6. Offense scores 3 tds of their own and Huskies win in blowout style 33-13.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
UConn 16 (with no offensive points) and pitt 10

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn 27, Pitt 17. The spectrum of outcomes is definitely on the table, but Pitt is playing super tentative and without any enthusiasm. These are Wanny's guys, and I think Graham is losing them a bit. Some young guys are stepping up and a ridiculously green (in terms of game experience) backfield is getting better every game. I think McCombs is going to have a breakout one of these weeks where it all comes together for him.

Reaction Score
Let's go! 20 hours until kickoff...screw this realignment garbage.

;)

UConn 21, Pitt 10. Ugly, defensive game, exactly our specialty.

Reaction Score
UConn 24
Pitt 23

Last second Field Goal, Teggart once again the main attraction

An unknown person steps up and goes for 2 TDs. ????

Not sure who, but we'll find out. :)

Wow two TD's against a BCS opponent? . . . Guess someone on the UConn defense is gonna have a big game.

Reaction Score
UConn 16 (with no offensive points) and pitt 10
Isn't that impossible? Two pick-6s, and TWO safeties? I don't think I have ever seen that happen at any level of football, so it might be really cool.

Reaction Score
sad to say
Pitt. 34-16

Ray Graham just went down. We are in commercial. Can I change my prediction now? Score is still 0-0. I will now say, Uconn 24-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom