Mojo advice needed........help | The Boneyard

Mojo advice needed........help

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
So I usually take the First two days of the tournament (thursday, friday) off to get into the spirit of the thing and hoops OD for 13 hours a day. I like to do this no matter what, but obviously especially when the Huskies are in. All the games are much more fun when your team is part of the mix.

Problem is, this year because of some family trips my vacation days are at a premium and I wouldnt want to burn them if our Huskies were so close, but yet so far from the tournament. It would be pretty miserable.

Thing is, I have the vacation form sitting on my desk (which needs to be posted a week ahead of scheduled day off - so today) and we still dont know our fate.

If I take the days now in anticipation of a Huskies win tomorrow I may be inflicting bad mojo by assuming a win.
If I dont take the days and the Huskies get in, Im going to be pissed being stuck at work for first two days of tournament and inflicting bad mojo by either not being at the game (if its fairly close) or at home watching in my mojo spot.

Im truly lost. My head is spinning.

Whats the verdict?

Reaction Score
Take the days, but don't assume the win. Say you'll watch the games if we're in and paint the garage if we're out. If you don't have a garage, paint someone else's garage (just give them a head's up). Or drink. But just have something else in mind for what to do with those days if we're not playing. That way, the mojo won't take it out on you.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Take the days, but don't assume the win. Say you'll watch the games if we're in and paint the garage if we're out. If you don't have a garage, paint someone else's garage (just give them a head's up). Or drink. But just have something else in mind for what to do with those days if we're not playing. That way, the mojo won't take it out on you.

Id have to get in a George Costanza like mindset "Its not a lie if you believe it" deal.

Because the mojo is good at reading peoples true intentions.

Reaction Score
At my office we have to request a week in advance, but there's no time limit on cancelling. Couldn't you just request now and cancel on Monday if need be?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
At my office we have to request a week in advance, but there's no time limit on cancelling. Couldn't you just request now and cancel on Monday if need be?

that may be an option. Not a bad thought. They dont like doing that because they process the day off count through payroll but its been done before.

this is some good outside the box thinking

Reaction Score
Well, yeah, it's s****y to cancel the day before if steps have been taken to cover for you, but hey, plans change and companies have to be somewhat flexible.

Reaction Score
It seems to me you have already decided. You want us to think that you don't want to take the days off, but the subtle truth is that you really don't want us to think that you don't want to take the days off!

Save the vacation days.

I've found that Uconn winning feels good no matter where I am.

However, if you take the days off and they either don't make it or lose, no amount of drinking will help you get out of the funk.

Reaction Score
F your job. If the company went under (God willing they don't) and you lost your job you'd be screwed regardless of how considerate you were to them by scheduling your vacation and not cancelling. You're just a number to them.

Your job is NOT as important as UConn basketball. So use those sick days, or schedule vacation and cancel last minute if you have to. We need all the mojo we can get at this point/

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It seems to me you have already decided. You want us to think that you don't want to take the days off, but the subtle truth is that you really don't want us to think that you don't want to take the days off!

I dont think I know what I want you to think. I think?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Always, always take the first days off of the tournament. It's my favorite personal holiday of the year. Is it better with UConn? Sure. But those two days of wings, beer, buzzer beaters, upsets, excitement... Nothing better! In fact I'm annoyed to only have 3/18 off this year. I'm going to be super depressed in my cube afternoon of 3/17.

If anyone is going to be at Arooga's next to Mohegan next Friday... I'll see you there.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
F your job. If the company went under (God willing they don't) and you lost your job you'd be screwed regardless of how considerate you were to them by scheduling your vacation and not cancelling. You're just a number to them.

Your job is NOT as important as UConn basketball. So use those sick days, or schedule vacation and cancel last minute if you have to. We need all the mojo we can get at this point/

I like and often encourage your "stick it to the man" attitude.

Its not the case for me where Im at. I work at a privately owned medium sized business for a long time and close with the owner (who is a saint) and am treated very well. If the company was sold, Im sure I would be taken care of very fairly.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
So I usually take the First two days of the tournament (thursday, friday) off to get into the spirit of the thing and hoops OD for 13 hours a day. I like to do this no matter what, but obviously especially when the Huskies are in. All the games are much more fun when your team is part of the mix.

Problem is, this year because of some family trips my vacation days are at a premium and I wouldnt want to burn them if our Huskies were so close, but yet so far from the tournament. It would be pretty miserable.

Thing is, I have the vacation form sitting on my desk (which needs to be posted a week ahead of scheduled day off - so today) and we still dont know our fate.

If I take the days now in anticipation of a Huskies win tomorrow I may be inflicting bad mojo by assuming a win.
If I dont take the days and the Huskies get in, Im going to be pissed being stuck at work for first two days of tournament and inflicting bad mojo by either not being at the game (if its fairly close) or at home watching in my mojo spot.

Im truly lost. My head is spinning.

Whats the verdict?

Take the days, best 2 days of the year. While you're at it, go ahead and take Monday and Tuesday April 4th and 5th off too. You'll need the 5th for the flight back from Houston. I can tell you, trying to fly early Tuesday morning to make it to work after winning a national championship the night before is brutal. Just take the day and celebrate as late as you want.

Mojo

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Take the days, best 2 days of the year. While you're at it, go ahead and take Monday and Tuesday April 4th and 5th off too. You'll need the 5th for the flight back from Houston. I can tell you, trying to fly early Tuesday morning to make it to work after winning a national championship the night before is brutal. Just take the day and celebrate as late as you want.

Mojo

I like the cut of your jib.

Your second 2 days would cross over from work trouble to wife trouble I think this year though.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Save the vacation days but post pictures of your "hot ex-hippie wife" as a mojo tribute. The more skin the more mojo, so try to go with a bikini if possible. In this way, you save your vacation days and generate mojo.

...or I'm kind of bored at work and could use a distraction.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Of course, the wrench in my plan is if we end up in the play-in game!
This was actually part of my thinking, too. Too many variables and potential outcomes. Although I was being sarcastic about the "we suck" part, personally I would not be burning valuable vacation days betting on this year's team making it worth my while.

I stopped looking for Houston accommodations and released my annual hold on the Final Four dates a couple months ago. The only time I ever made the wrong call in that regard and regretted it was 2014. I was wrong about that team and didn't realize it until we smoked Villanova, so I missed attending that Final Four unfortunately; although I did attend the Elite Eight vs. Michigan State at MSG and that was great.

In any event, suffice to say that I have less faith in this year's team making a run than I did in 2014.

And yes, I realize that my neck is being sized for Swami's noose as a result, but there you have it. I'll still be rooting like mad, but I just don't see the spark with these guys.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't take them. Maybe take a half day Friday, then come home and binge out Friday at noon through Sunday.

For what it's worth, I'm not hanging anyone this year even if these underachieving primadonnas somehow wiggle their way in. Mojo Schmojo.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Save the vacation days but post pictures of your "hot ex-hippie wife" as a mojo tribute. The more skin the more mojo, so try to go with a bikini if possible. In this way, you save your vacation days and generate mojo.

...or I'm kind of bored at work and could use a distraction.

1) she is not an "ex-hippie" shes still a nut. Maybe even more so than when she was younger.
2)Ive never implied hotness, (because I know the rules) so the pic rule doesnt apply. Stop trying to trick me.
3) She may or may not appear once or twice in this documentary between 43:30 - 45:30 minute mark. Thats all your getting out of me. Work for it. (22 years ago too).
Warning:
1) you may see some a couple good looking girls but you wont see skin
2) you cant unsee the rest of it.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I always take the days, regardless of UConn's participation. No mojo impact, and it's not like you'll be useful at work checking scores all day

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I wouldn't take them. Maybe take a half day Friday, then come home and binge out Friday at noon through Sunday.

For what it's worth, I'm not hanging anyone this year even if these underachieving primadonnas somehow wiggle their way in. Mojo Schmojo.

Wow. Thats more depressing than my conuumdrum

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Well those are hanging words....but we've already done that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

We might be on to something here. IIRC you, August and me were all among the non-believers in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom