MoJet in a walking boot | The Boneyard

MoJet in a walking boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Carl Ademec is reporting Moriah was in a walking boot after Saturday's game.

"Afterwards, she was wearing a walking boot on her right foot. UConn coach Geno Auriemma limited her to 16 minutes last Wednesday and said she was “hobbled” a bit.

“'I’m not going to lie and say that I’m 100 percent,” Jefferson said. “It’s nothing too serious. I have a couple of issues with my feet but I’m fine. Any player takes a beating but when you’re smaller you get hit a lot more. But I’m ready and I can keep going.'”

It is the second item at <http://snyuconn.com/uconn/added-senior-day-honor-for-hartley-dolson/#more-11099>.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The main issue is her feet are tiny.

Reaction Score
The main issue is her feet are tiny.

So, more pressure per unit area and therefore more concentrated stress. Interesting theory.

I hope it's really a minor issue (just precautionary).

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
So, more pressure per unit area and therefore more concentrated stress. Interesting theory.

I hope it's really a minor issue (just precautionary).
I was joking because they are so tiny.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
A couple of the Horde mentioned this after the game and all said it was no biggie. Precautionary.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
NVU Prof is probably correct in terms of stress on smaller feet - of course the advantage is that she is probably half the weight of Dolson or close so while her foot may half only 60% of the area of Dolson it is carrying only 50% of the weight and therefore less per sq in weight.
This is the reason I wish they didn't sell the rights to supply shoes each year - I am sure Nike is concerned with the quality of the shoe from a podiatrists perspective, but even more important to them is the styling. Foot and ankle issues are so unique person to person. At least this year with a red option I do not believe they actually had to use pink shoes in play for Kay games.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
NVU Prof is probably correct in terms of stress on smaller feet - of course the advantage is that she is probably half the weight of Dolson or close so while her foot may half only 60% of the area of Dolson it is carrying only 50% of the weight and therefore less per sq in weight.
This is the reason I wish they didn't sell the rights to supply shoes each year - I am sure Nike is concerned with the quality of the shoe from a podiatrists perspective, but even more important to them is the styling. Foot and ankle issues are so unique person to person. At least this year with a red option I do not believe they actually had to use pink shoes in play for Kay games.
I agree 100%. I will say the team seems to have worn fewer models this year compared to some.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Alexix Prince has had feet issues during her first two years at Baylor. We've barely gotten to see her play. This seems to be an issue that is very hard to fix. I hope Jefferson heals well and is ready to finish the year strong.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The other explanation is that TonyC keeps pushing the limits of Mojo and MoJet.

HGN

Reaction Score
Hopefully its just a soreness issue from stress put on the foot.......and nothing structural.

I would rather she play fewer minutes now than in the AAC or NCAA Tournaments.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
A couple of added thoughts:
1. No question the quality of padding and support has improved since the days of the Converse All Star which is great. But ...
2. No question the athleticism of the players in all sports has also improved, they jump higher, run faster, and are able to change direction better. All putting more pressure on feet, ankles, knees.
3. The composition of the soles of shoes and their interaction with the playing surface has also become better. The coefficient of friction has been improved which means the stress of a a change of momentum is more likely transferred to the body rather being released as slippage of the shoe against the surface. This is most clearly seen in sports where the playing surface has changed dramatically - astro-turf and its derivatives, hard court vs. grass/clay. But it is also true in basketball. Again - more pressure on feet, ankles and knees.
4. The number of athletes that get custom shoes has probably declined - it was pretty non-existent at the college level and probably still is. The difference is that teams are making huge money with equipment contracts and that leads to more pressure for each player to wear the exact same shoe model. Previously as long as the color scheme was maintained most teams didn't care as much.

And anything happening at the foot translates throughout the body - the jolt of landing on a foot travels through the body to the head being absorbed by each successive joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom