MoJeff's Microsurgery, rehab, etc. | The Boneyard

MoJeff's Microsurgery, rehab, etc.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Jefferson loves Vegas, hates sitting out

"Moriah Jefferson has caught the Vegas Golden Knights' fever.

"I went to the game (the opener of the second-round series with the San Jose Sharks) that they won 7-0 and it was incredible," Jefferson said on Sunday. "It was the first hockey game that I had ever been to and I got into it. I know nothing. I started learning a few rules, a few penalties. It was madness."

She had microfracture surgery in late September in San Antonio.

In four years at UConn, she missed one game.

"I'd been playing too much and it wore down over time," Jefferson said. "This is the longest that I've been out. It's been a struggle because I am used to always playing, I am used to always being on the court. But the rest is good for my body. I'm learning things about my body that I didn't know. I'm working hard to help it get better and working hard to get back on the court. I'm taking it day-by-day, taking my time."

Reaction Score
Great young lady I am hoping her best basketball days are coming soon . May be she could rehab with UConn next season.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I sure hope she gets well soon. It seems like she's been out forever. She's terrific and many of us thought she was the heir apparent to Bird/Whalen for the US National team. Not so much any more - but hopefully she gets back to her old self soon!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I sure hope she gets well soon. It seems like she's been out forever. She's terrific and many of us thought she was the heir apparent to Bird/Whalen for the US National team. Not so much any more - but hopefully she gets back to her old self soon!
Now I understand why Mo is not in the Team USA pool. I still think she can be an Olympian, but she needs to get healthy first.

Reaction Score
Now I understand why Mo is not in the Team USA pool. I still think she can be an Olympian, but she needs to get healthy first.

How about Diggins/Chelsea Gray for PG’s, with Canada and Ionescu coming down the pipe?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How about Diggins/Chelsea Gray for PG’s, with Canada and Ionescu coming down the pipe?
I like Gray. Sky needs to play overseas. Jordan and Sabrina are possibles. So is Dangerfield.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I didn't know she had microfracture surgery.

I don't think there is a good way to say this, but I've yet to see anyone recover from this and have a long, successful career. From what I've seen, these microfractures continue to occur, and that makes for a short career. I so do hope I'm dead, stupid wrong in this. But, damn.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I didn't know she had microfracture surgery.

I don't think there is a good way to say this, but I've yet to see anyone recover from this and have a long, successful career. From what I've seen, these microfractures continue to occur, and that makes for a short career. I so do hope I'm dead, stupid wrong in this. But, damn.

The micro-fractures in her case are tiny holes drilled into the knee bones which lead to marrow bleeding out and I guess there are cells in the marrow that morph into cartilage. Mo's style of play is very hard on her joints.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I posted in another thread about Moriah's micro fracture surgery. That suggests to me the problem is cartilage which is worn down by playing a lot of basketball. I think Tuck had MF surgery while at UConn but I admit to some confusion about the exact nature of her surgery (OATS vs micro fracture).

Reaction Score
I thought she was born in Spain.

She was born in Walnut Creek, California.
Her parents appear to be of Romanian descent.
American players may try to play for another national team if they're not good enough for Team USA.
That shouldn't be the case for Sabrina Ionescu.

Reaction Score
She was born in Walnut Creek, California.
Her parents appear to be of Romanian descent.
American players may try to play for another national team if they're not good enough for Team USA.
That shouldn't be the case for Sabrina Ionescu.

Reaction Score
You're not kidding. She's an exceptional player. She reminds me of Lindsey Whelan in that she takes the contact and finishes the play. Great outside shot too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom