MoJeff on choosing UConn | The Boneyard

MoJeff on choosing UConn

Reaction Score
Moriah didn't intend to come here. But a coincidental visit changed her mind... and she won 4 NCs. This may be the best argument for any high school player who wants to make a 4 year commitment and not have to play portal hopscotch.

UConn may not look like the right place to 18yo eyes at first, other places have more stars, maybe more playing time available. But the stars who go to those schools don't tend to win multiple NCs. Brink and Jones chose Stanford and won one, but then floundered. Boston and Cooke and the others chose SC and won one when they probably should have won 4, and stumbled every other year. Moriah knew UConn was right for her when Geno told her she should go home to Texas on her second day of freshman year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This week she is my favorite player.
(It rotates around depending on my mood or the phases of the sun or something, but she is pretty frequently in the top spot.)
Loved her energy when she played here, the smile, the speed, and the talent. Her last three years she had stretches in the second half where she was shooting threes at well over 50%. Always seemed to start slowly each year. Wish she had a smoother and less injury plagued career in the W. I think she got drafted into the wrong team/system.

Reaction Score
I just love Geno.. this man drops gems in people's lives. Gems that you will use for ever. An athletes ego is one of the toughest elements to pierce open, and Geno is the Swiss knife.

Reaction Score
MoJeff is what Uconn is all about. Fantastic smile,great attitude, each year better conditioned than the last bulldog tenacity and a true team player. MoJeff was one of the major factors in winning the 4 NC,s as her contributions to team play was top notch. One of the NC game she should have won the MVP. Even Breanna said she should have gotten it. For some reason the littlest on the floor like MoJeff and Crystal Dangerfield always stood out. I wish her success and happiness the rest of her life as she provided me with much joy in helping Uconn win 4 NC's GO HUSKIES!!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I never did settle in with MoJeff. Don't get me wrong, I loved her game and her oh so healthy attitude. But I was forever going slightly nutty over this little bit of a thing taking over on the court and revving everybody else up.

Reaction Score
I love that Mo learned how to play with arguably the best basketball player on the planet in Breanna. I would.lovw to see Mo with the lynx or in NY where Sabrina can stay a true 2 when Mo enters the game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I love that Mo learned how to play with arguably the best basketball player on the planet in Breanna. I would.lovw to see Mo with the lynx or in NY where Sabrina can stay a true 2 when Mo enters the game.

Mo was the only player who could get away with telling Stewie what to do. On one play, Mo made a steal while diving out of bounds toward midcourt. In the same motion, she threw a perfect behind-the-back pass to Stewie, who went to the other end fo the floor for an uncontested layup. Mo asked Stewie why she didn't dunk it. As it was, it was a phenomenal highlight. If Stewie had dunked, it could have been the all-time best.

Moriah has had an up-and-down pro career, but Cheryl Reeve's team had no answer for her tonight. Mo put up a career-high 32 points on 13-22 shooting. She looked really good.

Reaction Score
UConn doesn't win four championships without her. Offensively but more importantly, defensively. She was a pest, gave Jewell Loyd nightmares everytime they played Notre Dame. She set the tone on the perimeter and everyone else had to catch up

Reaction Score
Mo Jeff with 32 points yesterday, Sunday Sept 3, in Merc loss to
the LYNX. Note that in the same game: for the LYNX, Collier
22 points (or more?) and 16 rebounds, and DORKA with
another stellar performance 10 points, 11 rebounds, and
EIGHT assists GO HUSKIES!!!!! Almost a triple double for DORKA!! WOW
for all the UCONN "players"!!

Reaction Score
To be that consistent, particularly in the big games, says a lot about her character and basketball IQ. In addition to her skills, one of the smartest players I've seen on BOTH offense and defense.

Reaction Score
IMG_1881.jpeg

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I don’t put much stock in hs player highlight reels because they usually show a kid making 100% of their shots. But there are certain skills the reels can’t deny. Ball handling and speed. I remember thinking watching MoJeff highlights and those jumped off the screen. I had the the sane reaction to KK Arnold highlights.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UConn doesn't win four championships without her. Offensively but more importantly, defensively. She was a pest, gave Jewell Loyd nightmares everytime they played Notre Dame. She set the tone on the perimeter and everyone else had to catch up

Mo guarded KMac as soon as she got off the bus. On one play, she almost wouldn't let her have the ball to inbound it.

Reaction Score
What always amazed me was that Mo was home-schooled until she got to UConn. Adjusting to college is tough, adjusting to Geno, even tougher, adjusting to the celebrity that comes with playing WBB at UConn is the toughest, but going from home-schooling to this maelstrom, all I can say is Wow.

Reaction Score
My favorite thing about Mo was that in her freshmen year, teams backed off her and taunted her to take an outside shot. Sophomore year they didn't do this as much. In her junior and senior years she was a "fantastic" outside shooter. Which really complemented her quickness and driving skills. She knew she needed to improve her outside shot and that's exactly what she did. Her senior year, she was the best outside shooter on the team. KLS might have made more 3 (78) to Mo's (53), but Mo outscored KLS 451 points to 408. I didn't check, but I bet Mo's 3 point basket made percentage point was better. Mo is right up there with the best point guard in UCONN history.

Reaction Score
My favorite thing about Mo was that in her freshmen year, teams backed off her and taunted her to take an outside shot. Sophomore year they didn't do this as much. In her junior and senior years she was a "fantastic" outside shooter. Which really complemented her quickness and driving skills. She knew she needed to improve her outside shot and that's exactly what she did. Her senior year, she was the best outside shooter on the team. KLS might have made more 3 (78) to Mo's (53), but Mo outscored KLS 451 points to 408. I didn't check, but I bet Mo's 3 point basket made percentage point was better. Mo is right up there with the best point guard in UCONN history.
In her senior season she added her mid range pull up and just mid range shots more and I thought at that point she was unguardable. She added the 3 her sophomore and junior year, but was a 3 level scorer her senior year. I liked watching MoJeff a lot. Her defense has always been spectacular

Reaction Score
Moriah knew UConn was right for her when Geno told her she should go home to Texas on her second day of freshman year.
Simple...Badda, Bing, Badday Boom. Case dismissed.... ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom