MoJeff Notches 15th Triple Double in WNBA History | The Boneyard

MoJeff Notches 15th Triple Double in WNBA History

Reaction Score
Couldn’t have come against a better opponent—her former team! Congrats, Mo!
That is exactly what I was saying while watching the game. Congrats, Mo!!
Happy Snoop Dogg GIF

Reaction Score
The announcers, the fans, and her teammates all knew it and were cheering for it. She was all over the floor tonight. Minny took control with a 33-11 1st quarter.

Meanwhile, Mabrey shot 1-11 and was -31! :D
That 1-11 by Mabrey is wild. I know that she has that gunslinger mentality. But sometimes you gotta be real and just be like, "Just not my night. I will focus on the defensive end and let that create my offense."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
As I said in the general WNBA thread, it was her defense and movement that were so impressive. She looked like her old UConn self. Just amped with energy. Defensively glued to Arike in the 4th Q who did nothing, and incredible 4th Q save of possession running out of bounds like Rizzotti and was in absolute control carrying the ball up almost every play.

P.S. Some of those rebounds looked hokie. :rolleyes:

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
As I said in the general WNBA thread, it was her defense and movement that were so impressive. She looked like her old UConn self. Just amped with energy. Defensively glued to Arike in the 4th Q who did nothing, and incredible 4th Q save of possession running out of bounds like Rizzotti and was in absolute control carrying the ball up almost every play.

P.S. Some of those rebounds looked hokie. :rolleyes:
;) Are we sure the last one wasn't a off of a pass instead of a shot? Still so happy for her.

Reaction Score
Minnesota Lynx point guard Moriah Jefferson recorded the fourth triple-double of the 2022 WNBA season and third in the month of June alone on Tuesday night behind a 13-point, 10-rebound and 10-assist outing in a 92-64 win over the Dallas Wings -- Jefferson's former team, which cut her after the first game of the season.

Jefferson's feat was the first triple-double in the storied history of the Lynx franchise, which has won four WNBA titles, and the first for a WNBA player in her first season with a team.

In the process, Jefferson, who is 5-foot-6, became the second-shortest WNBA player to tally a triple-double, second only to Temeka Johnson (5-3) in 2014.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
That 1-11 by Mabrey is wild. I know that she has that gunslinger mentality. But sometimes you gotta be real and just be like, "Just not my night. I will focus on the defensive end and let that create my offense."
Under normal circumstances, I'd totally agree with you. However, Alisha Gray was out for the 2nd straight game, who is normally Dallas' 2nd or 3rd leading scorer after Arike O. Plus, Sabally is still out, so Marina/Coach J must've encouraged her to keep shooting. Normally, she does rein it in if she's not feeling it (I've seen her play enough ;)).

Cheers to MoJeff...revenge is a dish best served...on your new homecourt!:cool:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
how is that a rebound?
From the NCAA score keeping manual:

SECTION 3—REBOUNDS
Article 1. A rebound is credited to a player or a team each time a FGA or FTA is not made. There are three kinds of rebounds:
(a) An individual rebound (player rebound) is credited to a player who recovers a live ball that has missed scoring a goal (field goal or free throw). The recovery may be accomplished:
(1) By gaining control of the ball.
(2) By tipping or batting the ball in an attempt to score a
goal.
(3) By tipping or batting the ball to a teammate so that
the teammate or another teammate is the first to
gain control.
(4) By retrieving a rebound simultaneously with an op-
posing player and having his or her own team be the
first to be entitled to the ball.
(b) A team rebound is credited to the team that is entitled to
the ball for a throw-in if the ball has gone out of bounds after a missed goal but before there was player control. However, this does not include cases where the ball is out of bounds because it passes over the backboard or touches the supports or back of the backboard, the ceil- ing, or overhead equipment or supports, unless the ball was touched by a player after the missed goal but before the ball was out of bounds.
(c) A dead-ball rebound is credited whenever the ball is dead after a missed goal but before it meets the condi- tions for an individual or team rebound. It is credited as follows:
(1) To the team that is entitled to the ball for a throw-in or a free throw.
(2) To the team that shot the ball if the ball becomes dead due to the expiration of time or if the ball was shot after the expiration of time.
(3) To the team into whose basket a defensive player tips a missed shot.
(4) To the team into whose basket an offensive player deflects a missed shot without intent.
(5) To the team that first gains possession of the open- ing jump ball after a missed free throw awarded for a technical foul. (See Rule 8-4.5)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How true. Everybody has a night like that every once in awhile.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nah. A shooter always believes. If you remember Tom Heinsohn, a gunslinger for sure, I was at a game where he had probably his worst game 0-15. I guarantee Red Auerbach wanted him to try and find the range.

Reaction Score
It's amazing what can happen when MoJeff is on a team that plays actual organized basketball....

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Nice write-up on MoJeff from the Next.

Takes from both the author and MoJeff. I've cut and pasted a few 'graphs, but have also attached an article, which includes a chart.

"Jefferson is a skitterbug with the ball in her hands and is keenly able to dissect sharp angles and speed disadvantages in real-time. The result often involves her simply blowing by her defenders with relative ease.

"She’s also a dynamic 3-point and spot-up threat, the likes of which the Lynx have not had for years, if ever. Her game is not perfect—she’s a below-average finisher at the rim, partly due to her size and she would probably benefit from extending some of her mid-range Js beyond the 3-point line. But there are few lead guards in the league or who are about to enter who would be a better fit to help move Minnesota past the Sylvia Fowles era.

For what it’s worth, Jefferson seems to agree.

“For me, I’m the best when I’m in pick-and-roll situations and we’re heavy on pick-and-rolls,” Jefferson said of why she has been able to find such great success with the Lynx. “[Sylvia Fowles] sets amazing screens. My teammates do a great job of being u-turn players, knocking down open shots. And when you can do that, it’s easier, as a point guard, to get to your spots. So I just think the system that we’re in, the way that the ball moves, everybody having each other’s back. If I have a bad game, I know somebody else is gonna step up for me.”

https://www./wnba/minnesota-lynx/jefferson-excelling-lynx-triple-double/

UHF

Reaction Score

Moriah Jefferson is my second all time favorite UConn player - behind the incomparable Gabby Williams. Both players brought athleticism, energy, hustle, and leadership, especially in their junior and senior seasons.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The more Mo Jeff plays, the more she will show what she can do. Just needed the chance…and health. Lynx need Pheesa back.
I’m on record that Moriah Jefferson and Kiah Stokes are two of my favorite players in UConn WBB history. There are others, but those two are right there at the top. I think Azzi, Paige, Ayanna and Ice Brady may crack that circle. I really think that once Brady and Patterson get their “toe-hold” in elite WCBB, they are going to distinguish themselves quite nicely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom