Mohegan Sun UConn All-Star event ? | The Boneyard

Mohegan Sun UConn All-Star event ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the UConn alumni game will happen this summer at the Mohegan? It has rotated every 2 years, and there wasn't one last year. I didn't see anything on the Mohegan Sun calendar of events. Hoping it will be on.

Reaction Score
This would be its first rotation cycle for the event since JC retired, so it'll be interesting to see if they run it back. There is typically a great turnout and Calhoun is heavily involved with the program so I have my hopes up. It's usually in early August.

I went to the 2012 one and JC got hurt earlier in the day biking and was a last minute scratch. Ollie came out to address the crowd at the beginning instead and absolutely rocked his speech (shocker). About a month later he became the head coach.

Reaction Score
This would be its first rotation cycle for the event since JC retired, so it'll be interesting to see if they run it back. There is typically a great turnout and Calhoun is heavily involved with the program so I have my hopes up. It's usually in early August.

I went to the 2012 one and JC got hurt earlier in the day biking and was a last minute scratch. Ollie came out to address the crowd at the beginning instead and absolutely rocked his speech (shocker). About a month later he became the head coach.

Yeah I've gone to each one since '08, I remember how much of a roar there was for Kemba in 2012. Shabazz was actually sitting courtside and my friend and I went up to him and got his autograph. I have him and Kemba's autographs on my SI issue of the 2011 championship team, really hope they do it this year so I can try and get Jeremy Lamb's autograph too. Also, cause I'm a huge fan of Charles Okwandu and a picture with him would be the greatest thing ever lol

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Any news?

I want to attend, but also starting to think about summer plans. I know its usually 1st weekend of August... but now wondering if it's happening at all.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Old retired NBA players from the Big East? That is a twist. I prefer the blue/white family game. I'm guessing less UConn players come now, because we are only fielding one team, & not two.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
When I first read the "new" format for the game, I wasn't very enthused, but I must admit, I would LOVE to see a Ray/AI match up again! Fingers crossed!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Old retired NBA players from the Big East? That is a twist. I prefer the blue/white family game. I'm guessing less UConn players come now, because we are only fielding one team, & not two.

Yeah not sure what to think about this format. Until I see the names, ..... would have been better if it were current NBA players from former Big East. Or, would have love to see UConn Alumni vs another team's Alumni (Syracuse, Georgetown, North Carolina, Dook, etc ...).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you could cherry pick rivals or UConn killers that it'd be fun to watch a UConn alumni team beat once and for all I'm in
PG - Linehan & Murdock, Sean Miller - two guys that killed us and one that hold conference record for playing over 1000 BE games
SG - Terry Dehere, Kerry Kittles - Ray Allen needs to put the BE all-time leading scorer to sleep
SF - Ron Artest , Darius Rice, Presont Shumpert - Artest a reach but maybe if his nba career is up, Rice needs to be put down for pinning a few losses on us, Shumpert also killed us
PF - Ryan Gomes, Jerome Lane - Sorry for all the Providence guys, but this is a must for the why didn't you recruit angle, Lane an attraction for one play
C - Alonzo Mourning - Will Henefeld come back and ask Zo to repeat his 1990 slurs?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Could be fun, if some hated rivals, still in good shape visited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom