Mock wnba draft | The Boneyard

Mock wnba draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Reaction Score
I don't know about that draft order. If Cal has players that are the #1 and #3 picks in the draft, why aren't the Bears in the top 25 teams in the AP poll? Something is not right with that picture.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
WNBA draft is tricky especially this season.

There is no clear choice as "best player no matter position" such as Maya Moore, Brittany Griner, or Angel McCoughtry that exist this season.

Instead teams will need to fill a need.

If team A needs a point guard there is Boyd and Logic who I think are the best coming out this season.

If team B needs a shooter of course KML gets the look.

If team C needs post players you have Hamby, EWilliams, Gray and possibly Harrison.

This is a weak draft year and no clear cut #1 player. Should make for an interesting year. Bad year for the Storm to have the #1 and #3 picks.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Reshanda Gray wouldn't start on UConn, how can she be the #1 pick overall. If she played for a team that didnt have Brittany Boyd as the pg she would be an above average player, not a top 5 rated player. She is great at two spots on the court, just under the basket to the left or right of the hoop. She has a limited outside shot. I dont see her dominating WNBA teams when she hasnt shown that against top ranked college teams.
Check her career stats against top ranked teams(unfortunately WBBState.com is down or I would post them).
By the way I want nothing but the best for her, but as an impartial observer, I dont see her as #1.

Reaction Score
Is there a good teaching coach in the WNBA who could help EW to realize her potential?
I hope there is. The question is does she want to play professional basketball long enough to reach her potential before going to medical school.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Reshanda Gray wouldn't start on UConn, how can she be the #1 pick overall. If she played for a team that didnt have Brittany Boyd as the pg she would be an above average player, not a top 5 rated player. She is great at two spots on the court, just under the basket to the left or right of the hoop. She has a limited outside shot. I dont see her dominating WNBA teams when she hasnt shown that against top ranked college teams.
Check her career stats against top ranked teams(unfortunately WBBState.com is down or I would post them).
By the way I want nothing but the best for her, but as an impartial observer, I dont see her as #1.
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. In a very weak draft class a player who is " great at two spots on the court" could be the number 1 overall pick.

Reaction Score
Seattle just signed Meighan Simmons. If she makes the team (she should) then they should consider drafting Liz Williams cause it looks like Jackson might not be back.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. In a very weak draft class a player who is " great at two spots on the court" could be the number 1 overall pick.

I left out if there are no other competitive players defending her. WBB State is still down and I dont want to go back to the Cal site and sift through the individual box scores. I will post her stats against, UConn, Duke, Stanford, and any other top team, or team with a solid big that could defend her. She doesnt have stats that deserve the high rating. How will she fare from those two spots on the court at the WNBA level, where at 6'3" she will probably be undersized.

Reaction Score
Seattle should pick up Jude Schimmel just so they'll sell out the home games and some road games all season.

Reaction Score
Seattle just signed Meighan Simmons. If she makes the team (she should) then they should consider drafting Liz Williams cause it looks like Jackson might not be back.

There is no clear choice as "best player no matter position" such as Maya Moore, Brittany Griner, or Angel McCoughtry that exist this season.

If team A needs a point guard there is Boyd and Logic who I think are the best coming out this season.

If team C needs post players you have Hamby, EWilliams, Gray and possibly Harrison.

This is a weak draft year and no clear cut #1 player. Should make for an interesting year. Bad year for the Storm to have the #1 and #3 picks.

I have to wonder though if you have a pg that can't shoot - is that need more important that a dead-eye shooter like KML?

KML's shooting is off-the-charts. And I think Liz Williams has been given a bad wrap for a team with a questionable coach, with no real good pg, and lousy outside shooting to open up the lane. I'd be ecstatic if CT Sun got Liz Williams. Then the next step in her development would be to find a coach for the Sun and a GM.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I left out if there are no other competitive players defending her. WBB State is still down and I dont want to go back to the Cal site and sift through the individual box scores. I will post her stats against, UConn, Duke, Stanford, and any other top team, or team with a solid big that could defend her. She doesnt have stats that deserve the high rating. How will she fare from those two spots on the court at the WNBA level, where at 6'3" she will probably be undersized.
ochoopsfan,
I don't think we are that far apart. I 'm not sure how much more the stats against UConn, Duke, Stanford will tell you about her. I saw two of the games. Down the stretch against Stanford yesterday Gray was good from the line and defensively. I don't think you have an impact player in this draft class-I used the word weak to describe the whole class. But the draft is scheduled so teams have to pick. A case can be made for/against KML, Williams, or Gray... as the first pick. I even heard someone make the case for Izzy. Team needs and competition against elite teams will certainly factor into these decision. I even heard someone make the case for Izzy.
I just found it curious that you said Gray was great from two spots on the floor. Is anyone else in consideration for the number 1 spot great from more than 2 spots on the floor?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Chi-Town should draft Kiah Stokes.

Put her on a team with Fowles, Breland, and Delle Donne (very underrated shot blocker) and the number of blocks would be CRAZY.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ditto. And I'd flip if the Sky passed on her for Harrison. I like Harrison but Hamby is just as good or better and comes without the knee injury.

Its a bit of a shame that such a talented player virtually gets no national attention. They never play on TV...... they dont draw well at home... and Wake is likely one and done in next week's ACC tournament. I dont even think she was a top 100 player coming out of high school. She's better than Harrison....... well I guess Harrison is a better shot blocker, but thats it.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Its a bit of a shame that such a talented player virtually gets no national attention. They never play on TV. they dont draw well at home... and Wake is likely one and done in next week's ACC tournament. I dont even think she was a top 100 player coming out of high school. She's better than Harrison.. well I guess Harrison is a better shot blocker, but thats it.

I'd love to see Wake's splits with her and without her. They were hanging with ND with her in the game and collapsed as soon as she left for a 2-3 minute breather. She does everything for them and is triple-teamed at all times.

Reaction Score
I dont even think she was a top 100 player coming out of high school.

I have ASGR Top 100 from 2011, and she was NOT on it.

FYI, the top 10:

1 Elizabeth Williams Duke
2 Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis UConn
3 Ariel Massengale Tenn
4 Krystal Forthan LSU Trnsf to D2
5 Cierra Burdick Tenn
6 Betnijah Laney Rutgers
7 Bria Smith Louisville
8 Amber Henson Duke
9 Kiah Stokes UConn
10 Briyona Canty Rutgers

Reaction Score

I think Blake Dietrick of Princeton belongs in that group as well. She may be better than those two.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have ASGR Top 100 from 2011, and she was NOT on it.

FYI, the top 10:

1 Elizabeth Williams Duke
2 Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis UConn
3 Ariel Massengale Tenn
4 Krystal Forthan LSU Trnsf to D2
5 Cierra Burdick Tenn
6 Betnijah Laney Rutgers
7 Bria Smith Louisville
8 Amber Henson Duke
9 Kiah Stokes UConn
10 Briyona Canty Rutgers
She was #93 on Hoopgurlz. Not ranked on Bluestar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom