Mock WNBA Draft | The Boneyard

Mock WNBA Draft

Reaction Score
I was a Canada fan but she hasn’t developed an outside shot yet. I’m not sold on her as a pro.
Chong making the WNBA last year and doing ok raises Kia Nurse’s stock. UConn players are in demand.
Gabby would be my #3 selection behind Wilson and Mitchell.

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I don't like Kia going to the Sun. Too much chance of having the same fate as Kelly. I would think that Vivians or Billings (the next two on the list) would be better choices for the Sun.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I was a Canada fan but she hasn’t developed an outside shot yet. I’m not sold on her as a pro.
Chong making the WNBA last year and doing ok raises Kia Nurse’s stock. UConn players are in demand.
Gabby would be my #3 selection behind Wilson and Mitchell.

She's shot 35% from 3 the last couple of years. That's serviceable. Certainly not bad enough to put me off her pro prospects. I think she'll be quite good.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Vivians has improved her efficiency which has undoubtedly raised her draft stock. Last year she shot 37% on FGA and 28% on 3s. This year she's shooting 53.5% FGA and 41% on 3s. Her FT% has improved as well. Good for her.

Jaime Nared is now the shooter Vivians was last year; their shooting %s are very similar. Nared is shooting 39% FGA and 28% on 3s. Jaime is a very good FT shooter (84%) and gets to the line a lot. Nared does a lot of other things well (rebounding, steals, passing) but her shooting may keep her lower or out of the 1st round.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can't see Vivians dropping that low. She's got a true WNBA build and her shooting has improved big time. Reminds me of Morgan Tuck with a better shot.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Where is Jamie Nared on this list? I would expect to see her in the #6-#7 range.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Where is Jamie Nared on this list? I would expect to see her in the #6-#7 range.

I offered my opinion on Nared 2 posts above yours. Her shooting %s are not very good. At her size she'll play the wing and 39% overall and 28% 3FGs are not going to move you up the draft board.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lexie Brown to Seattle could make sense... she could play both guard positions... though she is awfully small for a SG..... and they selected Peterson last season. They could also use a SF like Vivians..... or a post like Billings.

Reaction Score
She's shot 35% from 3 the last couple of years. That's serviceable. Certainly not bad enough to put me off her pro prospects. I think she'll be quite good.
I hope she makes the league and does well. I watch her on PAC 12 Network and some of her shots aren’t even close.

Reaction Score
I can't see Vivians dropping that low. She's got a true WNBA build and her shooting has improved big time. Reminds me of Morgan Tuck with a better shot.
Vivian’s is built perfect for WNBA. That’s one more reason I wonder about Canada. Seems slight.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Vivian’s is built perfect for WNBA. That’s one more reason I wonder about Canada. Seems slight.

I've spent a lot of time watching Jamierra Faulkner and Allie Quigley. If those two can make it, there is no such thing as "too slight" for a WNBA guard.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Agreed. I think IQ, skilled and willingness to compete as part of the team need is more important.

Reaction Score
That's pretty good because while I was mentioning that about Canada I thought of Faulkner

Reaction Score
Well the sparks need another Forward or Center!! So bring on the good post players! Billings or Thomas I wouldn't mind to join them!

I might live in Dallas, but the sparks are my team!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I thought Seattle's most pressing need is at center. Stewie is one of the top players in the league but I think they'd rather play her at the 4 and have someone else at the 5. They picked up Carolyn Swords last season but she clearly wasn't the answer. Of course they'll need a replacement for Bird eventually but I don't know if that takes priority over finding a starting caliber post to play alongside Stewie.

Reaction Score
I thought Seattle's most pressing need is at center. Stewie is one of the top players in the league but I think they'd rather play her at the 4 and have someone else at the 5. They picked up Carolyn Swords last season but she clearly wasn't the answer. Of course they'll need a replacement for Bird eventually but I don't know if that takes priority over finding a starting caliber post to play alongside Stewie.
They already selected Peterson last year, and don't need another guard, Russell at 6-6 would give them a post presence, which they need. With the scorers they have, defense, and rebounding is what they need.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They already selected Peterson last year, and don't need another guard, Russell at 6-6 would give them a post presence, which they need. With the scorers they have, defense, and rebounding is what they need.

You would rather have Russell than Billings?

Reaction Score
You would rather have Russell than Billings?
Billings is just a lesser Stewie, which Seattle doesn't need, a big body is what Seattle needs, someone who can set screens for Loyd, Sue, Stewie, and KML. They don't need another scorer, or athletic 4, they need a true center.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Unless you already have a good big, go with the 6-6 player. I think Russell is going to be a very good pro. Teams won't be able to double team her and she is a good mover and shooter.

Reaction Score
Unless you already have a good big, go with the 6-6 player. I think Russell is going to be a very good pro. Teams won't be able to double team her and she is a good mover and shooter.
She is a good rebounder which Seattle needs, in order to take some of the load off Stewie. She knows had to get into position, and Stewie Loyd, and Sue are good passers, so she can give them some points inside.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom