OT: - Mo’ne Davis Enrolled at Hampton University | The Boneyard

OT: Mo’ne Davis Enrolled at Hampton University

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wish her well in her academic and athletic pursuits...... but I cant root for Hampton :mad:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Man... this was 5 year ago when she burst on the scene.... time flies.

Triad - you appear to now be a Campbell Camel fan as well !!

Well there are 18 schools in NC that play Division I sports.... I root for 17 of them to do well :rolleyes:

Figured there are about 17 weeks or so until the preseason starts.... so I change it every week until then. Last week was NCA&T ... this week Campbell.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nice article. I've been following Mo'ne since she burst on the scene in the summer of 2014. Most of the sports fans in the U.S. fell in love with Mo'ne that summer. How could you not love her athleticism, demeanor, and humble approach to baseball and life, not to mention her love of UConn WBB?

She wanted to play at UConn for Geno when she became old enough. Geno took a little flack for calling her and wishing her well. Some tried (unsuccessfully) to suggest that was an illegal contact with a potential recruit. That mud dried, and harmlessly fell off.

That certainly endeared her to me. But, that was not her fate or calling. She's playing softball at an institution of higher learning now that she says "is a perfect fit." I'm happy for her, and hope to read about her graduating in 4 years.

I've followed her and cheered for her since she became newsworthy in 2014, I'm not going to stop now. I'm a Mo'ne fan, regardless of her choice of schools. I'd root/cheer for her even if she went to one of the two schools that shall not be named. You know, the one in Indiana, and the one in Tennessee. :eek:

I'm pleased she found a college that she feels comfortable with, and that is happy to have her. A college that she says she's a majority at, after attending a private school since the 2nd grade where she was a minority.

Blessings and favor to you Mo'ne. You are an inspiration to all of the young female baseball/softball players that will come behind you. You made it cool to play like a girl, as you crossed the gender line and excelled in an arena that few if any young women have before you.

Enjoy each and everyday of your college experience. Have fun along the way, and live your best life.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom