MNT's 2021 | Page 27 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2021

Reaction Score
The talent level is better across the field vs 4 years ago, but I can’t get past the sense that they are winning games against inferior competition in spite of the coaching. We just don’t look comfortable playing the slow build out style that he is shoving down the players’ throats.

Reaction Score
I really am done with this Arriola thing whatever it is, when you get a perfectly weighed pass on the run at the top of the box with defenders 10 feet away either side, it is criminal for you to take such a bad touch there.

Reaction Score
Now you have Honduran players actually mocking Arriola for his height as Arriola tried to undercut him.

Arriola is the kid you past to because he is wide open even though you know it is going to be a turnover. My kid's team had only 10 players show up for an away game. They were up 3-0 at the half. Then THAT kid shows up and they were even strength. Game ended 3-3. That's Arriola.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Now you have Honduran players actually mocking Arriola for his height as Arriola tried to undercut him.

Arriola is the kid you past to because he is wide open even though you know it is going to be a turnover. My kid's team had only 10 players show up for an away game. They were up 3-0 at the half. Then THAT kid shows up and they were even strength. Game ended 3-3. That's Arriola.

Not a lot of Hondurans on Panama’s team. He is too short and not that good. He is also the only guy on our squad who is trying, aside from Turner who is the reason we aren’t losing. Awful, lifeless lineup. Back passing into oblivion.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Arriola isn't the problem tonight. He will be in the mix at wing behind Reyna.

The problem is starting 8 guys who might be backups at best in a critical qualifier. Panama will be fighting for a top 3/4 spot. GGG came out playing for a 0-0 draw. This squad is more likely to concede than it is to score. That's on Greg.

Reaction Score
81' in and not a SOG (insert Zardes own goal joke here) for the USMNT. Way to go Gregg

Reaction Score
The US was never going to score anyway but what's the point of extra time with a referee like that? I mean, that last 7 minutes was madness.

Maybe the ref just decided that this US team was not going to do anything anyway so might as well call it at the 7 even with all the multiple ball shenanigans and fans running onto the field. But--it's a good tactic for the future. Have your ballboys clutter the field, get your bench to kick balls around when they go OOB, have fans run onto the field.

Reaction Score
Berhalter manages like this is a little league team where everyone has to play. That line up was awful.

The subs in the second half helped the connectivity a little but the team had already been sabotaged and it limped sorrowly home.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What a jerk and he’s in over his head. Surprised he didn’t say something like Panama didn’t score on us

Reaction Score
Underwhelming squad and lineup selection by Berhalter, but he didn't play. Disgraceful lack of effort by the team as a whole.

Hopefully, however, we learned something about selection from the game. Players who have been doing well having a bad game you have to live with in the absence of half our starters due to injury and travel restrictions and rotations, but I never need to see any of Bello, Ariola or Zardes in a US uniform again. Period. There were options at each position to bring to the squad who we left out. And Yedline is a better player than Shaq Moore, although Moore played well enough this summer that I won't throw him into the same garbage bin as the first three.

But that was more about lack of effort than that we didn't have a team capable of getting a result on the field. Greg played to get two home wins this cycle and hope he could pick up a draw on the road while resting people. Beat Costa Rica at home and it just failed. If we don't get the three points with the rest we gave starters, then it's time to talk.

Reaction Score
Underwhelming squad and lineup selection by Berhalter, but he didn't play. Disgraceful lack of effort by the team as a whole.

Hopefully, however, we learned something about selection from the game. Players who have been doing well having a bad game you have to live with in the absence of half our starters due to injury and travel restrictions and rotations, but I never need to see any of Bello, Ariola or Zardes in a US uniform again. Period. There were options at each position to bring to the squad who we left out. And Yedline is a better player than Shaq Moore, although Moore played well enough this summer that I won't throw him into the same garbage bin as the first three.

But that was more about lack of effort than that we didn't have a team capable of getting a result on the field. Greg played to get two home wins this cycle and hope he could pick up a draw on the road while resting people. Beat Costa Rica at home and it just failed. If we don't get the three points with the rest we gave starters, then it's time to talk.
I know Bello played pretty poorly, but being 19 I wouldn’t say never again with him. He’s played pretty well for Atlanta

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Zardes did not touch the ball in the attacking 1/3 for the entire first half they said. Why was he in for the second? Gregg Out!

Reaction Score
Next month comes Mexico and Jamaica away, likely with Leon Bailey and co.
Wednesday is very important

Reaction Score
Thought Dest picked up a knock at the end of Jamaica?
Yesterday would have been a good game for KLDF up the wing. Instead we get an overdose of Paul A and Lletget

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom