MNT's 2021 | Page 35 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2021

Reaction Score
Pulisic got the start today, although Tuchel put him up top, where he never looks all that comfortable. He was mostly quiet in what was a pretty dominating performance by Chelsea. McKennie got the start and looked ok, until the very end when he flubbed a clearance that led directly to the 4th goal.

Reaction Score
Pulisic got the start today, although Tuchel put him up top, where he never looks all that comfortable. He was mostly quiet in what was a pretty dominating performance by Chelsea. McKennie got the start and looked ok, until the very end when he flubbed a clearance that led directly to the 4th goal.

He had a pretty good match rating.

Reaction Score
Columbus will host El Salvador in Jan and St Paul will host Honduras in Feb.

Did confirm that Hartford was being considered and after speaking to the AO brass - they were pushing for it. Better tailgating scene and equally as cold that time of year, easier travel and the NY/Boston hubs close by. Bummed we didn't get one but maybe March..

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Did confirm that Hartford was being considered and after speaking to the AO brass - they were pushing for it. Better tailgating scene and equally as cold that time of year, easier travel and the NY/Boston hubs close by. Bummed we didn't get one but maybe March..
Hartford 1-0 in WCQ games.

Reaction Score

St. Paul?

Was Nome not available?

Reaction Score
Zardes is back. MLS heavy roster for upcoming friendly.

Reaction Score
Actually kinda like the roster. We need to get Jonathan Gomez, he could replace Antonee in the coming years, or at least push him for the first team spot.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Kinda of a Camp Cupcake kind of roster. I'm fine with that for this friendly.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yup, camp cupcake. I'm happy to see some MLS WC roster hopefuls tested agaisnt euro competition. Time to make your case for a spot.

Reaction Score
After yesterday it looks like Dest isn't in Xavi's plans. I'd like to see him at Dortmund or similar level club

Reaction Score
At this point you could argue that Dortmund is already at Barca's level.
Hell, at this point you could almost say Freiburg or Mainz is at Barca's level... Or more accurately they are at ours. ;)

Reaction Score
3308.jpg

Reaction Score
Sort of a useless game. NIce to see Jordan Morris back on the field. If nothing else he's quality depth.

Reaction Score
Ggg had a great chance to trot out the new youngsters instead he played the same retreads. Total wasted opp

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Ggg had a great chance to trot out the new youngsters instead he played the same retreads. Total wasted opp

This was covered during the game. Before the red card, the plan was to maintain fitness for guys who might play during a rare February qualifying window. This December 'bridge' camp will lead to the usual January camp cupcake fixtures using off-season MLS players to keep them ready.

The game itself was useless especially after the red card and anyone looking to make a name failed as the goal was a random pinball sequence. There was little to be positive about against a third/fourth tier UEFA side. Of the judgements that can be made, I don't need to see Yuell any more on the senior team this cycle. Even as a pure 6, we have better players we can use their even if they are out of position. Morris was Morris which means he doesn't do a lot that results in goals and he's also been passed by other players. If it came down to him and Zardes, who'd you pick? Cause that's the only way I see him in the mix barring injuries.

Reaction Score
This was covered during the game. Before the red card, the plan was to maintain fitness for guys who might play during a rare February qualifying window. This December 'bridge' camp will lead to the usual January camp cupcake fixtures using off-season MLS players to keep them ready.

The game itself was useless especially after the red card and anyone looking to make a name failed as the goal was a random pinball sequence. There was little to be positive about against a third/fourth tier UEFA side. Of the judgements that can be made, I don't need to see Yuell any more on the senior team this cycle. Even as a pure 6, we have better players we can use their even if they are out of position. Morris was Morris which means he doesn't do a lot that results in goals and he's also been passed by other players. If it came down to him and Zardes, who'd you pick? Cause that's the only way I see him in the mix barring injuries.

Morris put a ball at Pepi's feet in the six yard box and Pepi whiffed. Not sure what else the guy can do. In fact, he has a number of dangerous crosses and a header on goal. His injury came at a bad time. But he has the speed and strength to run either channel. He was clearly of greater quality than most of what GB put out there.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Morris put a ball at Pepi's feet in the six yard box and Pepi whiffed. Not sure what else the guy can do. In fact, he has a number of dangerous crosses and a header on goal. His injury came at a bad time. But he has the speed and strength to run either channel. He was clearly of greater quality than most of what GB put out there.

I know, I know, Morris seems to be a guy who can get behind the defense and his crosses are good. I just never see him scoring or his crosses ending up in the net. He's as much of a tease as we've had in the program for a while. I take him over Zardes just as a check on GGG putting Zardes in a big game, but I don't see either as a factor in against a World Cup opponent.

Reaction Score
I know, I know, Morris seems to be a guy who can get behind the defense and his crosses are good. I just never see him scoring or his crosses ending up in the net. He's as much of a tease as we've had in the program for a while. I take him over Zardes just as a check on GGG putting Zardes in a big game, but I don't see either as a factor in against a World Cup opponent.

Who cares. It was the MLSUSMNT.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Morris has a bit of Paul Pogba. Seems to play better for country then club.

Actually, I have no idea. I haven't spent one second watching him play club football. But as much as I dogged him for choosing his dogs over playing in Europe; I think he can help us if fit.

Reaction Score

But....

This is the ECNL.

There's a reason why the former DA and MLS affiliated leagues deliberately ban many games and practices. They don't have multiple games a day like the ECNL does. The ECNL doesn't follow the program.

Reaction Score
But....

This is the ECNL.

There's a reason why the former DA and MLS affiliated leagues deliberately ban many games and practices. They don't have multiple games a day like the ECNL does. The ECNL doesn't follow the program.

Rich kid sport.

Reaction Score
Rich kid sport.
That may be but you don't have to be since the clubs are fully funded. It's free. That urban kids want to play basketball instead of soccer is no surprise to anyone, but the fact is, this new league -- unlike the ECNL -- is totally free. Which makes it even better than playing AAU basketball and baseball.

Reaction Score
That may be but you don't have to be since the clubs are fully funded. It's free. That urban kids want to play basketball instead of soccer is no surprise to anyone, but the fact is, this new league -- unlike the ECNL -- is totally free. Which makes it even better than playing AAU basketball and baseball.

How many are fully funded? You think there are enough?

This is a sport for affluent white families of privelege.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom