MNT for Ireland/France | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MNT for Ireland/France

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I would just like us to be able to hold possession for 3 or 4 passes.
461da0f6de02b572bc818af150398bc10e6fe1b191f463164aefe09615a07492.jpg

Reaction Score
France is good. This one could be ugly.
France is really good. This one should be really ugly. Meaningless friendly for the US or not, I'll still root for a shocker of epic proportions.

Reaction Score
Looks like France is putting out WC starting 11. I think they get 5 in the first half and Pogba/Kante Will Trapp into the twilight zone

Reaction Score
USA 1-0 France at the half!!!! Green scored from a tight angle completely against the flow of the game. Back 3 looking very solid.

Reaction Score
This is a surprise halftime score. France has dominated, but the US back line has held up (and a couple poor finishes by Les Bleus helped too).
Parker has been especially solid. As noted after the Ireland game, there’s a ton of potential coming up the US system, let’s hope they all maximize it. Second half should be interesting.

Reaction Score
Miazga and Giroud both out after a nasty head to head collision. Giroud bleeding pretty bad

Interesting to see how CCV does moves to the center of back 3 with EPB now on his right. Miazga has a solid night.

Reaction Score
Oh well. Wheels starting to fall off the wagon.

Reaction Score
Wow. Gave up the one but then regrouped. Heck of a sequence at the end there for Steffen. Great result!

Reaction Score
Quick hits: not sure how we escaped 1-1. Sacharan should have let Weah run for a bit instead of parking the bus.
Counter attack was slow when it was there, play out of the back was sloppy at times.

I've liked Steffen since that Crew-ATL game a while ago, he played great today. Shaq Moore, Miazga, Weston, Adams, Sargent with Pulisic and we have a solid core. Needed to see EPB get a little more time, but I give him the benefit of the doubt over CCV.

Paul Pogba has some ridiculous footwork

Reaction Score
If trapp never played for the team again, i wouldn't fight it

Reaction Score
Miazga and Giroud both out after a nasty head to head collision. Giroud bleeding pretty bad

Interesting to see how CCV does moves to the center of back 3 with EPB now on his right. Miazga has a solid night.
Solid hit indeed, but weren't both Miazga and Giroud bleeding badly? Back line sat back, but played well. Shocking and satisfying tie, yet sadly further evidence Klinsmann, Arena, and the USSF should have jettisoned old fogies and given young guys more opportunity post-Brazil.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Nice result. We are back to ugly football for a while but most of the squad played good assignment football. There were a few lapses but even against a tentative French side, it was a good performance. Robinson and Villafana are going to fight for the left back spot for the next four years. When have we ever had options at LB? I think the 3 CB formation is the way to go, we have a lot of bodies but none appear quick enough to play with just 2.

Didn't get much of a sense on the midfield as they did little going forward. Without CP you can really judge anyhow. Wood is the #1 striker right now, need a second. Sargent needs more time and needs to hold up better.

I'm down on both Moore and Weah after this trip. We shouldn't be anointing either of them for anything at the moment.

I have no problem giving Steffen some run as the #1 keeper but it's not yet the second coming of Howard, Friedel, or Keller.

Reaction Score
The result was great. No other way to describe it. We were lucky. I like luck. But that is not how to run a program.

The play was not great. Way to many unforced TOs that had nothing to do with France. Bad passes. Bad first touches. And virtually no offense.

For my money Tim Parker was he best player on our side.

Reaction Score
The result was great. No other way to describe it. We were lucky. I like luck. But that is not how to run a program.

The play was not great. Way to many unforced TOs that had nothing to do with France. Bad passes. Bad first touches. And virtually no offense.

For my money Tim Parker was he best player on our side.

Parker was great. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it,but we ended this 4-year cycle with a repeat of the Belgium game that ended the last cycle (except with no OT). Park the bus, be totally dominated but play with determination and hold on to a draw. It was a good result, but we have a long way to go for this group to grow into something that is on a different level from our past teams.

Time to put a new coach in charge and see what he has in mind to blend the old and the new.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have no problem giving Steffen some run as the #1 keeper but it's not yet the second coming of Howard, Friedel, or Keller.
Those 3 didn't really become #1's until 27-28 years old. Steffen is only 23. He'll be just about the right age for 2022 and beyond. (and we're not really doing anything of importance for a couple more years)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Going up against one of the top teams in the world with a young unproven squad and coming out with a draw, even though we were totally dominated and had quite a bit of luck.....it's a good result. Hopefully the kids learned a lot from the experience. Nice to see the fight (US spirit?) that seemed to have been missing recently. Hey it may not be pretty for awhile, but if we can grind out results, that's a good thing. That's all we needed against T&T, to grind out a result.

Reaction Score
Parker was great. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it,but we ended this 4-year cycle with a repeat of the Belgium game that ended the last cycle (except with no OT). Park the bus, be totally dominated but play with determination and hold on to a draw. It was a good result, but we have a long way to go for this group to grow into something that is on a different level from our past teams.

Time to put a new coach in charge and see what he has in mind to blend the old and the new.

It’s not the same thing as the Belgium match. France wasn’t really in high gear. Head injuries aside I don’t think too many players were taking physical risks per normal.

The team is too young to judge at this point. Bobby Wood also needs his game back.

Reaction Score
Unlike Giroud who was reportedly diagnosed with a concussion on top of a solid bleed, just read Miazga required 15 stitches. The latter bled a lot, yet luckily was not diagnosed with a concussion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom