MNT for Ireland/France | The Boneyard

MNT for Ireland/France

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
For Bolivia:
Goalkeepers: Alex Bono (Toronto FC), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge)

Defenders: Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham, on loan at Ipswich Town), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest), Matt Miazga (Chelsea, on loan at Vitesse Arnhem), Matthew Olosunde (Manchester United), Erik Palmer-Brown (Manchester City, on loan at KV Kortrijk), Antonee Robinson (Bolton Wanderers), Jorge Villafana (Santos Laguna), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC)

Midfielders: Joe Corona (Club America), Julian Green (Stuttgart, on loan at Greuther Furth), Alejandro Guido (Club Tijuana), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland), Weston McKennie (Schalke), Keaton Parks (Benfica), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund), Rubio Rubin (Club Tijuana), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain)

Forwards: Andrija Novakovich (Telstar), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen)

For Ireland/France:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Bill Hamid (Midtjylland/DEN; 5/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 2/0), William Yarbrough (Club León/MEX; 3/0)

DEFENDERS (9): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham Hotspur/ENG; 2/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 15/1), Matt Miazga (Chelsea/ENG; 5/1), Shaq Moore (Levante/ESP; 0/0), Erik Palmer-Brown (Manchester City/ENG; 1/0), Tim Parker (New York Red Bulls; 0/0), Antonee Robinson (Everton/ENG; 1/0), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX; 17/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United/ENG; 50/0)

MIDFIELDERS (10): Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 3/0), Joe Corona (Club America/MEX; 21/3), Luca de la Torre (Fulham/ENG; 0/0) Julian Green (Stuttgart/GER; 9/3), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 2/1), Keaton Parks (Benfica/POR; 1/0), Rubio Rubin (Club Tijuana/MEX; 6/0), Kenny Saief (Anderlecht/BEL; 2/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 4/0), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain/FRA; 2/1)

FORWARDS (3): Andrija Novakovich (Reading/ENG; 2/0), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen/GER; 1/1), Bobby Wood (Hamburg/GER; 37/11)

Changes in Bold.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. I'd like to see what Shaq, Tyler, Keaton and Weston can do together against some legit comp

Reaction Score
Lineup I'd like to see start vs Ireland

Steffen
Yedlin, Miazga, PalmerBrown, Robinson
McKennie
Adams, Parks, Green(or de la torre)
Weah, Sargent

Reaction Score
Lineup I'd like to see start vs Ireland

Steffen
Yedlin, Miazga, PalmerBrown, Robinson
McKennie
Adams, Parks, Green(or de la torre)
Weah, Sargent

Other than CCV for EPB, that's not bad.

I want to see Shaq Moore one of the two games, at least so I can see him. Don't know that I'd sit Rubin for Green-- I thought Rubin looked good the other night -- but for one of the 2 games o.k.

I also want Bobby Wood to get one of the two starts. We still need him over the next 4 year cycle, and it's time to start getting his confidence back up before he heads back to Germany to try to get his career back on track.

Reaction Score
I like this midfield. Seems like we have so much better passing that with Michael Bradley crap we have been seeing for four years.

Weah/Green on one wing and Pulisic on the other might be the ticket.

Reaction Score
Had to stop watching at 1-1, so missed the last 20 or so minutes (missed Ireland’s late winner). I’m optimisitc about the midfield and the potential up top (still struggle on the final 3rd). Hamid struggled today, a lot. The lack of PT definitely showed the rust. Our central defense is concerning. CCV is a beast, but often a half step out of position/or late. Love that the young guys are getting run tho. Tough to lose in the final minute. I didn’t realize they US has never won or drawn playing at Ireland. Always lost. I think Weah is going to be really, really good as he matures.

Next season, professionally, will be huge for all these guys. They need to play. Either with their club, or on loan. Should be an interesting Olympic qualifying tournament too. US will have a lot of guys playing Senior team minutes eligible for the olympics.

Reaction Score
I like this midfield. Seems like we have so much better passing that with Michael Bradley crap we have been seeing for four years.

Weah/Green on one wing and Pulisic on the other might be the ticket.

????? The Irish would put together 6-7-8 passes and we were hard pressed to put together two passes without committing a TO. The number of times an Irish player just took the ball away from a USA player was embarrassing.

Reaction Score
????? The Irish would put together 6-7-8 passes and we were hard pressed to put together two passes without committing a TO. The number of times an Irish player just took the ball away from a USA player was embarrassing.

We never play well there. I still like that midfield though.

Friendlies are meaningless.

Reaction Score
Gotta watch the game later today, but from the highlights and articles, Hamid was awful

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Weah was awful. There wasn't much good on the US side of the field.

Reaction Score
Hamid really was. Announcers kept saying his lack of PT in Europe this past season showed.

What i like about the midfield is guys were trying things, actually attmepting more forward and lateral passes (as opposed to the backward passes we’ve grown accustomed to seeing). Still very young and figuring it out, but there is some promise there. As mentioned above. Getting quality minutes in 2018/19 Club season will be critical.

Up front we still struggle in the final 3rd and don’t have a solid finisher (yet).

The central defense and keeper will be interesting, and needs to develop a lot before the next cycle of qualifying begins.

The next important event for this group is in October 2019, qualifying tournament for the 2020 Olympics. CONCACAF only gets 2 slots. Given that the bulk of our senior team roster will be eligible to play (U23), this is a huge event for this young team to develop.

Reaction Score
Bobby Wood nabbing a goal was a positive. Not terribly upset about losing on the road (where we've never won) with a bunch of youngsters, but Hamid was downright terrible.

Reaction Score
I'm amazed any of you found anything positive to say about that effort. And I know damn well if our "senior" national team but in that performance, no one would have had anything good to say.

Hamid is better than that. Seen him make play enough in MLS to know that. Obviously just out of form. If he wants to compete to be the USMNT keeper, he has to go somewhere where he plays.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
A lot of these guys aren't playing regularly. That will be a problem. They are young, yes, but I saw an awful lot of butchered first touches and ineffective runs.

I can blame youth for botching the set pieces that led to the goals but there were a lot of gaps during the run of play that were easily exploited by a mediocre to poor Irish side.

Reaction Score
I'm amazed any of you found anything positive to say about that effort. And I know damn well if our "senior" national team but in that performance, no one would have had anything good to say.

Hamid is better than that. Seen him make play enough in MLS to know that. Obviously just out of form. If he wants to compete to be the USMNT keeper, he has to go somewhere where he plays.

We basically put a U-23 squad out there. Perspective.

I’d take Melia over Hamid all day long.

Reaction Score
We basically put a U-23 squad out there. Perspective.

I’d take Melia over Hamid all day long.
People not happy with the Ireland performance are going to really disappointed with the France game. This team will get gutted by ‘Les Bleus’. Still a ton of potential and talent, and still a lot of developing and maturing to do. They’ll take some lumps the next year or so, and will be better for it come next WCQ cycle.

Reaction Score
People not happy with the Ireland performance are going to really disappointed with the France game. This team will get gutted by ‘Les Bleus’. Still a ton of potential and talent, and still a lot of developing and maturing to do. They’ll take some lumps the next year or so, and will be better for it come next WCQ cycle.

It’s good for them to get their butts kicked a little. These guys are really young. There is no clear leader out there and someone needs to step up.

Reaction Score
I hope France uses this opp to try to steamroll us. Full force. Let's get these guys to see what it takes to be the best.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I hope France uses this opp to try to steamroll us. Full force. Let's get these guys to see what it takes to be the best.
Well this is France's ramp up for the WC, so I doubt they'll hold back. I imagine most of the players will be trying to impress for a starting lineup spot.

Reaction Score
I would just like us to be able to hold possession for 3 or 4 passes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom