MNT’s 2022 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Not something that we want to say out loud but with the exception of the road game in Mexico, we need Mexico and Canada to win out from here. They are both going to the World Cup. We still have to stave off Panama and to a lesser extent Costa Rica. I don't want to take the risk against likely New Zealand in a play-in match in October.

Reaction Score
One of the worst performances you’ll ever see.

This coaching staff refuses to play its best lineups and never has the team prepared. I don’t think Berhalter will ever get the most out of this roster.

Reaction Score
This team and coaching staff are pathetic. All this talent and no idea how to play together. It’s never been more evident. Berhalter out

Reaction Score
Not something that we want to say out loud but with the exception of the road game in Mexico, we need Mexico and Canada to win out from here. They are both going to the World Cup. We still have to stave off Panama and to a lesser extent Costa Rica. I don't want to take the risk against likely New Zealand in a play-in match in October.
Completely agree.

This loss means we're among 3-4 teams playing for 2.5 spots.

If we lose at Azteca, it's among 2-3 teams playing for 1.5 spots. And, realistically, Mexico is in regardless.

Panama at home is going to make or break this Octagonal. And that's assuming we beat Honduras on Wednesday.

Reaction Score
They could play 5 more hours and they wouldn’t score. Only reason I know Pulisic was playing was his missed free kicks.

I think they’ll take the play in 4th spot.

Reaction Score
Completely agree.

This loss means we're among 3-4 teams playing for 2.5 spots.

If we lose at Azteca, it's among 2-3 teams playing for 1.5 spots. And, realistically, Mexico is in regardless.

Panama at home is going to make or break this Octagonal. And that's assuming we beat Honduras on Wednesday.
We can’t assume anything wednesday. This isn’t a team. No link up play, absolutely nothing coming through the center of the field. No one wants to go at anyone. Zardes on this roster let alone starting is a fireable offense. His touch is actually awful. Pepi is not our answer, i’ve been sure of it for a while. He can’t link anything up and needs to be served on a platter to score. And we have no one that can serve it on a platter. 11th ranked team in the world LMAO. Canada is better than us.

Reaction Score
They could play 5 more hours and they wouldn’t score. Only reason I know Pulisic was playing was his missed free kicks.

I think they’ll take the play in 4th spot.

Well duh. How do you score when they don’t start the best possible striker and then sub in those idiots Morris and Zardes?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
If things play out the way I expect them to (W vs Honduras, L vs Mexico, Costa Rica), the Panama match will be life or death.

Reaction Score
We do the least with the most in the region. But we are best at nepotism. How can any of you support this coach?
How can McBride and Stewart look on and see players in some of the top teams in the world consistently underperforming, and realistically never really looking good even in wins, and say “Yeah, Gregg is the one”?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Jamaica leads Panama in the 17th minute and Andre Blake saved a penalty for Jamaica. Big day for UConn players (Larin and Blake).

Reaction Score
I feel like everyone’s default is to blame the coach when things go wrong, especially in soccer. But in this case, it’s hard not to blame the coach.

I’ve never seen a team with this much talent be so listless offensively. He refuses to play his best players or implement a system that lets talented players thrive.

Time to move on.

Reaction Score
What shoes did Ggg wear today? Did he get his Starbucks mug? And what was his bounce pass completion percentage?

Reaction Score
Jamaica got so screwed in qualifying. Half their roster and most of their best players weren’t available to travel from the UK to certain countries. At full strength they are a more deserving squad than us

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I really don’t know what to make of Berhalter.

There’s clearly a toughness that this team has lacked in recent years, as they’ve managed to overcome a ton of injuries and roster turnover to continue winning. But you cannot overlook the slow starts, and with this talent, they should be a lot more explosive on the offensive end.

Sometimes, less is more as a coach. He should start with playing his best lineup more often.

I see the lack of toughness on the ball as one of the primary problems with this team. Every last one of them gets kncoked off way to easy.

As for today, the lack of quality first touches was obvious. They dawdled on the ball to the point of looking frozen to the turf. I can't name a single player who played well.

The back passes were maddening. I really don't want to see Zardes ever again. It's like playing a man down.

Reaction Score

Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Absolutely delusional. Everything about this game hurts. It was terrible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom