MNF Shakeup. Dan O To The Rescue? | The Boneyard

MNF Shakeup. Dan O To The Rescue?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I can’t recall a broadcast booth slot with more public attention. Doesn’t anyone really care? I thought Booger and Tessitore were fine, even a bit above avg.

Sometimes it seems the media watch people just own stories about this slot because it’s one of the few that is easy to write about and gets clicks.... yeah, that’s probably the answer.

And of course if Danny O gets the slot that would be fantastic. Let’s all keep in mind it seems to be a tough slot to hold for fickle Tv executives.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I can’t recall a broadcast booth slot with more public attention. Doesn’t anyone really care? I thought Booger and Tessitore were fine, even a bit above avg.

Sometimes it seems the media watch people just own stories about this slot because it’s one of the few that is easy to write about and gets clicks.... yeah, that’s probably the answer.

And of course if Danny O gets the slot that would be fantastic. Let’s all keep in mind it seems to be a tough slot to hold for fickle Tv executives.

I was never on the Booger hate train. Kinda liked his schtick. Best thing I can say about Tessitore is I don't remember him at all. And that is perfect for a play by play guy.

Used to be MNF was the pinnacle for sportscasters because you had great pay, huge visibility and a nice work schedule. Now? MNF is one of many "prime" gigs including Thursday night, Sunday night and Monday night. Truth be told even though the quality of the teams playing has decreased, I'm usually gassed by Monday night and have rarely watch MNF the past 4-5 years.

Sunday night is the night that gets my attention. I'm wrapping up a weekend and am more than willing to sit down and watch 3 hours of football.

All that being said, the Monday Night gig is still a contested job and getting it means you beat out some real good peers.

Reaction Score
DO should really give up that gig and coach a particular football team in CT!!!

Reaction Score
I was never on the Booger hate train. Kinda liked his schtick. Best thing I can say about Tessitore is I don't remember him at all. And that is perfect for a play by play guy.

Used to be MNF was the pinnacle for sportscasters because you had great pay, huge visibility and a nice work schedule. Now? MNF is one of many "prime" gigs including Thursday night, Sunday night and Monday night. Truth be told even though the quality of the teams playing has decreased, I'm usually gassed by Monday night and have rarely watch MNF the past 4-5 years.

Sunday night is the night that gets my attention. I'm wrapping up a weekend and am more than willing to sit down and watch 3 hours of football.

All that being said, the Monday Night gig is still a contested job and getting it means you beat out some real good peers.

Being a Giants fan I check into BigBlueInteractive The Corner Forum. The thread on this topic was amazing in it's hate for Booger. Also added in Joe T for a good ball kicking with most posters. I watched the games and had no problem with either. In some ways MNF is like walking the plank for broadcasters.

Reaction Score
Tessitore was so low key I thought he was falling asleep most of the time. Booger kept him awake i think wth his analysis. No hate for Booger.

Reaction Score
I would love is Herbie and Fowler would do this as well, but don't want them coming off Saturday Night College Football. Would both be too much?

C

Chief00

I liked Booger too!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom