MLS Playoffs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

MLS Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm hoping the Revs.

Who knows what the refs discussed. I would think the CR was telling the AR that he saw it come off the defender. About the only thing that would make sense with the call he made, but ????

Referee: 'Hey, you see that hot brunette over in section 110?'
Linesman: 'Uh, no, we're in Minneapolis in November and it's 10 F outside and everyone is in a heavy parka and eight layers. Can't even tell if that's a guy or girl.'
Referee: 'Are you blind?'
Linesman: 'Uh, no?'
Referee: "Darn it, you must be blind and that was a goal!'

Reaction Score
First half of Revs/RB has been great. I think the Western Conference is overrated. Either of these teams can represent well against Seattle or LA.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of the away goals rule in this competition. I wonder how many first time viewers were confused when Seattle won the game but lost the series.

I feel pretty good about the Revs winning next Sunday.

Reaction Score
First half of Revs/RB has been great. I think the Western Conference is overrated. Either of these teams can represent well against Seattle or LA.

Though the Bulls lost, which is not a surprise as Wright-Phillips missed the game due to suspension (apparently the coach did not know that rule!?), was glad to see Charlie Davies back on the pitch creating havoc like he did 5 years ago.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not a fan of the away goals rule in this competition. I wonder how many first time viewers were confused when Seattle won the game but lost the series.

I feel pretty good about the Revs winning next Sunday.

I like it. It encourages attacking, rather than the awful sitting back strategy we see so often. Looking forward to the final, hoping the Revs can finally, finally win in their 5th try.

Steve

Reaction Score
I like it. It encourages attacking, rather than the awful sitting back strategy we see so often. Looking forward to the final, hoping the Revs can finally, finally win in their 5th try.

Steve

You would think. But the first leg of LA/Sea was an exercise in sitting. I think it makes sense in the Champions League. But in the MLS, if you mix "home field advantage", seeding and the away goals rule together then HFA becomes almost meaningless.

I think a reasonable argument could be made that Seattle didn't have HFA at all. If I had HFA advantage, I would prefer to play the first leg at home to make the lower seeded team beat me and score goals. That way in the second leg you knew exactly what the minimum number or goals required to win. If you play MLS on FIFA 15 then you might know what I mean. Granted, it's a video game, but it's the best as far as sports simulations go.

In this case LA came in with one home goal. If LA scored one goal, then SEA would need 3 to win.

All that being said. Seattle scored 3 goals in 4 playoff games. That's not going to cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom