Mix and Match O line | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mix and Match O line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish I could share your optimism.

I don't see why you can't share his optimism "huskysupporter". The O-Line has always been a strength for us until DeLeone took over. Now we have Foley back as the O-Line coach, Cummings did coach up the #1 pick before (OT Fisher), and some of the young kids at the O-Line position were all high 3 star players coming out of high school. I think we'll be fine.

Reaction Score
sportsart said:
Repeat after me. "I am optimistic" See, that was easy.

I am optimistic. At least I know they have been in the gym since January.

Reaction Score
My educated guess is that the Center and both Tackle spots are pretty set with Mateas at C, Levy at LT, and Gifford at RT. The Guard spots are wide open. Cruz is still a wildcard. Samra (not listed in the OP), Rugg, and Schafenacker will probably battle it out with Cruz. I believe Rugg is listed as an OT but I think the staff will put the best 5 linemen on the field.

This is the one area of the team that gives me pause this year.

LT - Levy
LG - Samra
C - Mateas
RG - Schafenacker
RT - Gifford

That's my best guess.
This with maybe Rugg in for Shaf

Reaction Score
IMO the success of the Oline and the Offense in general rests on the development of the LT position. That’s allot of pressure to put on Richard Levey right now, but he has to hold up. Dalton Gifford has played LT, but in all honesty he has looked allot better at RT. If Levey cannot handle it, and Gifford ends up getting moved back to LT, then that means that Andreas Knappe or Tommy Hopkins ends up starting at RT (I do believe that Hopkins is now being developed as a LT, even though if I remember correctly he came in as a RT). Zach Rugg who did play some LT in High School was basically moved to LG as soon as he came in 2 years ago, I believe due to his height. And Paul Nwokeji, as far as I know has never seen the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom