Mitchell helps No. 5 Ohio St rout No. 10 Stanford 85-64 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mitchell helps No. 5 Ohio St rout No. 10 Stanford 85-64

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Mil, you're being nice by calling her a volume shooter. She's a chucker, and there's no spot on the floor, no point in the game where a shot isn't called for. To me, like DD, her athletic ability is undeniable. But if DD shot on every whim at UT people would have a right to call her selfish (which I never have). I mean, at one point in the game against Stanford, less than 2 mins left and OSU up by a goodly amount, Mitchell pulls up at the key, fakes taking the air out of the ball, dives inside to make a shot, then decides on a last second pass that goes awry. Pointless. Unlike DD who overjumps on her shot which ruins her release point, Mitchell shoots off angle, wrong footed, at full speed toward the basket, full speed sideways, and on and on. At least DD played defense. Not my kind of player.
There are some Tennessee fans who will disagree with you about DD playing defense. She looked weak to me on defense against good players.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
e

I would hope so. She would need to be near bad to have been good in the OHIO game. He movement, without significant defenders, was awful. The second time Geno saw her making that move,had she been a Husky and not a Tree, he would have pulled her for the game. I though their Freshman (don't remember her name ) showed promise. This shows what a team with out a Samuelson can turn into.

Starting w/ the Pac 12 Tournament Championship game against Oregon St. and then thru the NCAA Tourney Smith scored 18, 19, 19, 10, 15 and 14 during the last 6 games of the season. I thought she was their best big, better than McCall, at least on offense.

Freshmen Dodson and Jerome were bright spots for Stanford last night (in addition to McPhee of course). Both flashed plenty of potential in their first real collegiate game. I expected more of Sophs Carrington and Fingall. And they got NOTHING from the 2 backup PGs Wilson and Williams. That was hugely disappointing. Many on this site don't seem to care for Sneizek, but she's a much better option at this point than either alternative.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mil, you're being nice by calling her a volume shooter. She's a chucker, and there's no spot on the floor, no point in the game where a shot isn't called for. To me, like DD, her athletic ability is undeniable. But if DD shot on every whim at UT people would have a right to call her selfish (which I never have). I mean, at one point in the game against Stanford, less than 2 mins left and OSU up by a goodly amount, Mitchell pulls up at the key, fakes taking the air out of the ball, dives inside to make a shot, then decides on a last second pass that goes awry. Pointless. Unlike DD who overjumps on her shot which ruins her release point, Mitchell shoots off angle, wrong footed, at full speed toward the basket, full speed sideways, and on and on. At least DD played defense. Not my kind of player.
Just call me "Mr. Nice Guy." ;)

Reaction Score
Kelsey Mitchell reminds me of another "Star/Great player", Kelly Mazzanti from Penn St. Same type of offensive game and NO defensive skills! Mitchell will have the same WNBA career Mazzanti did, 2 to 3 years then maybe play in Europe!
Her making AA for shooting 30% and scoring 1,200 points her senior year while there are many more well-rounded players more justified of the AA honor! The talking suits are thrilled with points not a total game!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom