Mistakes! | The Boneyard

Mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geez man these guys are shooting themselves in the foot this season. Can't blame the coaches. They have a game plan. Just needs to be executed. Can't wait till Pasqualoni, Brown and DeLeone get to coach a year or two of "their" recruits. It ain't the coaches folks...it's the talent.
Lets just get through this year and keep the faith. P,B&D will bring us to the promise land. Just give them their proper due.

-They are so close to winning these games. grrr...... Mistakes! Mistakes! Mistakes!

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
Umm... what about All the Penalties??? WTF that's not on the Coaches??? This maybe the most penalized UCONN team ever!!

Reaction Score
I call bs on this part.
call it BS if you want... give the coaching staff time to get their folks and system in place. These guys have been coaching not only college but pros. Dallas would never have hired Pasqualoni "TWICE" if he didn't know what he was doing. UConn is lucky to have him. In a year or two you'll be looking at him as the second coming of Calhoun...or Geno. It took those guys a year or two to right the ship. Give coach P and his staff the same. They were thrown into this thing with less than two weeks to national signing day for crying out loud.

Reaction Score
Umm... what about All the Penalties??? WTF that's not on the Coaches??? This maybe the most penalized UCONN team ever!!
Now your blaming the coaching staff for brain farts(penalties) on the field? That's the dumbest thing I've heard yet. LMAO!!

I'd agree if the coaching staff had been here for a year or two. By then they should have been able to instill enough discipline. But Pasqualoni was given a matter of weeks(not even really) to hire a coaching staff, build a play book, build re-pore(re pore) with the media, run around the East Coast getting the kids that had committed before Edsall to stay committed, rekindle his connections with high school coaches, move(him and his family back to CT) and start to look at future recruits......plus..... meet with the team, get those guys still playing to stop looking at the floor(they just lost their coach and got pounded in their only BCS bowl game) and start looking up and forward again. Add conference re-alignment talk, Big East defections and the Burton thing? That's more than you can reasonably ask of anyone in 8 months of being on the job. You want to jump on Pasqualoni's back now? Then the only thing that is BS around here is you!

Reaction Score
Now your blaming the coaching staff for brain farts(penalties) on the field? That's the dumbest thing I've heard yet. LMAO

Where have you been? Penalties are always blamed on coaching at the NCAA and the NFL level.

Reaction Score
call it BS if you want... give the coaching staff time to get their folks and system in place. These guys have been coaching not only college but pros. Dallas would never have hired Pasqualoni "TWICE" if he didn't know what he was doing. UConn is lucky to have him. In a year or two you'll be looking at him as the second coming of Calhoun...or Geno. It took those guys a year or two to right the ship. Give coach P and his staff the same. They were thrown into this thing with less than two weeks to national signing day for crying out loud.

This may be true, but the in-game decisions have been simply pathetic about 80-85% of the time. And until "their" players get here and save the day, this is all there is to judge coaching performance on.

Reaction Score
Now your blaming the coaching staff for brain farts(penalties) on the field? That's the dumbest thing I've heard yet. LMAO

You can laugh your off all you want. You're wrong.

Reaction Score
I'm not wrong. You had your starting running back leave a year early(mistake on his part), your backup quarterback thrown off the team because he couldn't lay off the weed, your next best running back chooses his future over his last year at UConn(Frey), a few others that might have made a difference decided to transfer. So Pasqualoni is left with rookie quarterbacks, no one that can break a tackle running the ball and a few really key injuries(Wilson, Shoemate, Bennett, Joseph). What do you want the guy to do? That magic wand thing.... it doesn't cut it in D-1 football.

Reaction Score
What I wanted was a younger coach, who could coach up an offense that could score more TDs than the defense.

Reaction Score
penalties are becoming a major issue with this team. they are penalized way too often. now i didnt think the defensive holding that led to eers 1st TD way a good call.

Reaction Score
What I wanted was a younger coach, who could coach up an offense that could score more TDs than the defense.

Honest question, do you think there was a "younger coach" who (a) would accept if UCONN offered and (b) would be able to "coach up" this offense with it's current personnel?

Reaction Score
Honest question, do you think there was a "younger coach" who (a) would accept if UCONN offered and (b) would be able to "coach up" this offense with it's current personnel?

So PP was the only choice then? Well no wonder then.

Reaction Score
So PP was the only choice then? Well no wonder then.

During the season when talking about Edsall's eventual departure, I was a big proponent of Steve Addazzio. I also liked Mark Whipple when Edsall left and Addazio had already committed to Temple. There were plenty of other choices. That is not what I asked, though.

What new "young coach" (your words) would be able to "coach up" (your words) this offense with this personnel? And was a realistic get for UCONN?

F

fortebleedsblue

Steve Addazio anyone? Your telling me he would pick temple over Uconn if given the choice? Please..

Reaction Score
I'm not wrong. You had your starting running back leave a year early(mistake on his part), your backup quarterback thrown off the team because he couldn't lay off the weed, your next best running back chooses his future over his last year at UConn(Frey), a few others that might have made a difference decided to transfer. So Pasqualoni is left with rookie quarterbacks, no one that can break a tackle running the ball and a few really key injuries(Wilson, Shoemate, Bennett, Joseph). What do you want the guy to do? That magic wand thing.... it doesn't cut it in D-1 football.

I finally decided to post on the new site, after lurking since the change, because the WV fan is right.
what QB, RB, FB, OG, etc. would Edsall have started?
what fantastic mis-direction plays would he have drawn up?
am i happy with Coach P's performance? No.
Should he be fired? No!!!
Give him a chance.

F

fortebleedsblue

I finally decided to post on the new site, after lurking since the change, because the WV fan is right.
what QB, RB, FB, OG, etc. would Edsall have started?
what fantastic mis-direction plays would he have drawn up?
am i happy with Coach P's performance? No.
Should he be fired? No!!!
Give him a chance.

+ 1 give HCPP a chance ... its been a frustrating year so far to say the least. If he can fix the penalties problem and they can start running their offense well (which we have seen glimpses of) with a solid QB thats a start. I am starting to see what they are trying to do ... but I'm concerned with the lack of discipline on the field thus far.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Personally I was quite disappointed when the PPasq hire was announced (although I was far more disappointed when the Whipple rumor surfaced 48 hours earlier) but during his press conference I started believing it may work out.

That said, I doubt that anyone could have done much more with our passing game than our current staff and I personally believe that the biggest problem has been that we have been trying to do too many things too quickly.

I think that with a smaller playbook and more attention to doing a few things well, we would be far more efficient on offense and we may have pulled off two or three more wins at this point.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Geez man these guys are shooting themselves in the foot this season. Can't blame the coaches. They have a game plan. Just needs to be executed. Can't wait till Pasqualoni, Brown and DeLeone get to coach a year or two of "their" recruits. It ain't the coaches folks...it's the talent.
Lets just get through this year and keep the faith. P,B&D will bring us to the promise land. Just give them their proper due.

-They are so close to winning these games. grrr...... Mistakes! Mistakes! Mistakes!

I don't know what else Brown needs on defense. I feel this defense is potentially leaps and bounds ahead of any Maryland defense last season. We have all conference Talent on all 3 levels. (Reyes, Joseph, Sio, Blidi, etc).

Reaction Score
I don't know what else Brown needs on defense. I feel this defense is potentially leaps and bounds ahead of any Maryland defense last season. We have all conference Talent on all 3 levels. (Reyes, Joseph, Sio, Blidi, etc).
They just need more of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger