Missouri vs Georgia - 3/02/18 | The Boneyard

Missouri vs Georgia - 3/02/18

Reaction Score
moga1.jpg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is there anyone on this planet outside of Athens Georgia who doesn't want Missouri to win this? :)

Reaction Score
23-20 Mizz at the half

Cunningham 7 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast

RandomFan85

A Rogue LV Fan
Reaction Score
I'm here at the game and the crowd is pro-UGA. Not a lot of love for Missouri

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
I just don’t get how either of these teams is ranked in the top 25!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm here at the game and the crowd is pro-UGA. Not a lot of love for Missouri
Why would they not want to see a Missouri-South Carolina MMA fight?

Reaction Score
mizz3rdq.jpg

This is a first quarter score for a Big Ten game. :cool:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Well, Georgia was the first to reach 40. Will they win?

RandomFan85

A Rogue LV Fan
Reaction Score
Why would they not want to see a Missouri-South Carolina MMA fight?
Yes!!! But for real... This is my whole gripe with SEC wbb. Games are turning into all out slugfests and refs let it happen. It makes watching dreadful.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Is there anyone on this planet outside of Athens Georgia who doesn't want Missouri to win this? :)

I daresay their Palmetto State neighbors may care more than they do.

Reaction Score
Yes!!! But for real... This is my whole gripe with SEC wbb. Games are turning into all out slugfests and refs let it happen. It makes watching dreadful.

Absolutely miserable to watch. Holding and grabbing all game by Georgia. Ole Miss did the same thing last night. Refs rarely call anything and when they do it’s a touch foul. Oh and I’m so tired of any contact above shoulder being flagrant or unsportsmanlike. Sometimes it’s just inadvertent but they always upgrade it.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
USC and UT fans were lamenting the bad officiating in the conference with each other. As much money as the SEC makes, pay to get the best refs in every sport. Period.

Reaction Score
Dang! Georgia wins 55-41. No Mizzou - SC UFC match tomorrow :(

Sophie crying on the bench as the clock runs out.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Absolutely miserable to watch. Holding and grabbing all game by Georgia. Ole Miss did the same thing last night. Refs rarely call anything and when they do it’s a touch foul. Oh and I’m so tired of any contact above shoulder being flagrant or unsportsmanlike. Sometimes it’s just inadvertent but they always upgrade it.

That's SEC basketball in a nutshell. Some of the teams in the SEC pride themselves on defense, but to a large degree it's not good defense, it's little grabs, slight bumps, just enough to impede the offensive player without being whistled for a foul. It's rugby with a round ball. Whatever happened to emphasis on freedom of movement!!!! This sort of basketball is unwatchable.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think the Gamecocks matchup better with Georgia so I'm glad we're playing them. Also, even if we beat Mizzou I don't think we'd have emotion left for Sunday. In the other bracket, I could see A&M giving Mississippi State fits.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Missouri out-rebounded Georgia and defended well. But they can't win a game in which they only make a trio of 3's. Or one in which Cunningham shoots so poorly.

Porter had a bad bout of the flu a few weeks ago and never regained full strength. All her mid-range shots the last two nights were front rimming.

Missouri has been coached to pass and look for a good open shot, but they may be taking it to extremes. The last two nights they've had numerous shot clock violations and desperation shots as the shot clock expired. Even in their win Thursday against Mississippi they got off only 35 shots compared to 64 for the Rebels.

Game was actually close until near the end when Missouri started fouling.

Refereeing was.... uneven. Can't really say that it favored either team. Although the unsportsmanlike on Cunningham might have been over the top. But that's what a reputation will do to you.

If the SC/GA game tomorrow is called like this one, Georgia will have a good shot. In their loss to SC they scored six more baskets than the Gamecocks but lost the game at the free throw line where SC had a 22 point -- yes, 22 point -- advantage, which reflects how the game was called.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Georgia's defense stopped Missouri's Offense. Rarely did you see a Missouri player left open to make one of their three point shots. Missouri is slow afoot and if you play defense on their players, they are an average team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom