Mississippi State's Schaefer Named 2018 WBCA National COY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mississippi State's Schaefer Named 2018 WBCA National COY

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Vic gave a weird answer today when they asked him how Morgan handled not playing in the 4th quarter versus USC in the national championship game. He tried to muddy the waters by saying people need to stop attacking Morgan. I know of no one who attacked Morgan...it's not like Morgan could have just gotten off the bench and checked herself into the game. He also gave some lame excuse about how well Jaz played in the second round versus DePaul last year as to why he played Jaz over Morgan in the 4th quarter of that game. Morgan had just scored 41 points in the elite eight win versus Baylor and knocked down probably the biggest shot in the history of women's basketball in the national semi's versus UConn. It still blows my mind that Morgan didn't play in the 4th quarter of the freakin national championship game. What a lot of you probably don't know is that in this year's SEC championship game versus USC Morgan spent much of the 4th quarter of that game on the bench...the only game in which MSU has lost this season.
I watched the SEC championship game and wondered why she did not play but a bit in the 4th quarter.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Geno deserved it hands down last season. And Vic lost 4 of his top 7 contributors from last year, but the team is markedly better this season. The individual player development of McCowan, Vivians, Schaefer and Johnson from last year to this year is remarkable.

And now Vivians and McCowan are WBCA All-Americans. End of last season, how many people saw that coming? That is player development, which I don't see happening without a great coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Highway robbery, plain-and-simple. This year's team is 20-10 without Geno's coaching.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
According to this article, the AP vote was tied between McGraw and Schaefer and went to an "OT" runoff vote. So that voting certainly mirrored a lot of the give and take we've seen on the board. Congrats to both coaches for their honors. Now, let's play ball!

ND's McGraw wins AP Coach of the Year award

Anything that needles Muffet on the eve of the Big Game works for me, mean spirited old goat that I am!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
And now Vivians and McCowan are WBCA All-Americans. End of last season, how many people saw that coming? That is player development, which I don't see happening without a great coaching staff.

Nope. In McCowan's case it's the sizzle. Vivians - the real deal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom