OT: - Missed concert opportunities (from MBB forum) | The Boneyard

OT: Missed concert opportunities (from MBB forum)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Saw this thread in MBB forum, and thought it would be interesting to get perspective here. It can be singer/band you could have seen, one that you never saw, or now can never see again.

I had tickets to see The GoGos open for The Police in 1982 and didn't go, afraid to ask my parents if I could go to Boston with 7 other high schoolers, as I knew my stepmother would say no. I didn't understand the concept of divide and conquer so I never asked my dad. Second was Coldplay @ Gillette Stadium to celebrate retirement in 2016, but the hub said, OMG we're not paying $$$$ to see them. Sigh. Last one that I'm glad I didn't go to was Billie Eilish in either Orlando/Miami, mid-March 2020, as things may have turned out differently for us re covid. Oh, and a refund regret - had 8th row tix to see Brandi Carlile @Tanglewood last summer and it was postponed. We decided to get a refund, and of course, she rescheduled to this year, so we're sitting a bit farther back, but at least we're going.

During the pandemic, we paid (donated) money for online concerts by Billie Eilish and Brandi Carlile and would do that again, as sitting in the comfort of your home while enjoying some wine, without a bunch of screaming people, was an excellent concert experience. And, I didn't need ear protection, LOL.

Sadly, I think we're at the point in life where paying an exorbitant amount of money to see concerts has passed us by.

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
Billie Eilish, LA Philharmonic, and Vienna Philharmonic. :(

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
Saw this thread in MBB forum, and thought it would be interesting to get perspective here. It can be singer/band you could have seen, one that you never saw, or now can never see again.

I had tickets to see The GoGos open for The Police in 1982 and didn't go, afraid to ask my parents if I could go to Boston with 7 other high schoolers, as I knew my stepmother would say no. I didn't understand the concept of divide and conquer so I never asked my dad. Second was Coldplay @ Gillette Stadium to celebrate retirement in 2016, but the hub said, OMG we're not paying $$$$ to see them. Sigh. Last one that I'm glad I didn't go to was Billie Eilish in either Orlando/Miami, mid-March 2020, as things may have turned out differently for us re covid. Oh, and a refund regret - had 8th row tix to see Brandi Carlile @Tanglewood last summer and it was postponed. We decided to get a refund, and of course, she rescheduled to this year, so we're sitting a bit farther back, but at least we're going.

During the pandemic, we paid (donated) money for online concerts by Billie Eilish and Brandi Carlile and would do that again, as sitting in the comfort of your home while enjoying some wine, without a bunch of screaming people, was an excellent concert experience. And, I didn't need ear protection, LOL.

Sadly, I think we're at the point in life where paying an exorbitant amount of money to see concerts has passed us by.
Here's one I could have seen and now can never see again: Stevie Ray Vaughn at Knott Arena at Mount St. Mary's University in May 1988. I had a ticket and planned to go with friends but had to give up my ticket when my father-in-law passed the day before the concert. Doubly sad when Stevie died a few years later.

On the positive tip I also saw a few last minute concerts that were unexpected. I was visiting my girlfriend in Va. Beach for the weekend when I saw that Kansas was playing the Spectrum in Norfolk on Saturday night. We got last minute tickets and it was festival seating so we got great seats. This was the Point Of Know Return tour where "Dust In The Wind" was introduced to their set. I also got last minutes tickets to see Sammy Hagar at the Hard Rcok in Orlando a few years back. I was at a conference and a vendor friend got me tickets to the unannounced corporate event. Again, festival seating so great seats right in the middle of the venue.

Reaction Score
August 15, 1965 - I was living in Brooklyn and some friends were going to see the Beatles at Shea Stadium. For some reason I was unable to go and missed what was probably their most famous concert. Whatever the reason for not going it was the wrong decision and one I regret to this day.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I had tickets to see The GoGos open for The Police in 1982 and didn't go, afraid to ask my parents if I could go to Boston with 7 other high schoolers, as I knew my stepmother would say no. I didn't understand the concept of divide and conquer so I never asked my dad.
Too bad, that was before Belinda got skinny.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
August 15, 1965 - I was living in Brooklyn and some friends were going to see the Beatles at Shea Stadium. For some reason I was unable to go and missed what was probably their most famous concert. Whatever the reason for not going it was the wrong decision and one I regret to this day.
Can't give a like, maybe a :(

Reaction Score
I was there. For some reason my older sister took 12 year old me. Opening act was Bobby Hebb of "Sunny" fame. My most vivid memory is the Beatles coming out on stage and suddenly there were a dozen teenage girls standing on my seat and screaming. My most regretted miss is Jimi Hendrix in White Plains NY in 68'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom