Missed Call(s)? | The Boneyard

Missed Call(s)?

Reaction Score
Illinois had three unsportsmanlike calls and other penalties, but I thought they got away with a hold on Ian Swenson on the play where the QB scrambled to his left and threw a TD into the back left corner of the end zone..

Swenson's shirt was held and you can see his body rotate when he broke free at about the 1:08 mark in this video:

There was also a hit on Zergiotis' head/neck by the defender's forearms that looked like targeting and worthy of a review based on how many other reviews are done in games today.

Right? Wrong? On either or both?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Illinois had three unsportsmanlike calls and other penalties, but I thought they got away with a hold on Ian Swenson on the play where the QB scrambled to his left and threw a TD into the back left corner of the end zone..

Swenson's shirt was held and you can see his body rotate when he broke free at about the 1:08 mark in this video:

There was also a hit on Zergiotis' head/neck by the defender's forearms that looked like targeting and worthy of a review based on how many other reviews are done in games today.

Agree on the hold play on Swenson and I said that at the time as did hardcore who was sitting nearby.

I would have liked another look by the officials on the hit right after on Zergiotis, but those are missed at times, unless someone gets hurt.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
On the Peters scramble I didn’t see any hold live but thought there had to be one based on how that play developed. Thought they missed a PI in the 3rd quarter.

I will say, the targeting call on them was a little soft.

Reaction Score

Absolutely correct. Definite hold that allowed him to escape. It happens, but couldn’t have been in a worse spot for the Huskies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom