Miscellaneous Thoughts | The Boneyard

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Reaction Score
First , thoughts on Stewie and Paige….both are very unselfish and take shots on play options. They look to pass first but both sense when the game is critical and at that moment they take over the game which usually leads to a win. Stewie and Paige could score so much more if they wish to do so.
And despite NBC Stewie was the MVP as FIBA most of the time choose the right player for that honor.
Another thought about women coaching in the NBA
those who got upset when I mentioned Dawn was just being mentioned for Portland just to check a box….and how some media outlets touted Becky Hammond or Kara Lawson….I do not believe the NBA is really serious about that eventuality….and why not Geno????
I hope you all are staying healthy and safe and are counting the days for the upcoming record setting season.

Attachments

• C5CFFBD2-2608-4275-B25C-148276276A70.jpeg
    C5CFFBD2-2608-4275-B25C-148276276A70.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 4EF466FB-201D-4F29-B414-7C8A157C326C.jpeg
    4EF466FB-201D-4F29-B414-7C8A157C326C.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 119

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
First , thoughts on Stewie and Paige….both are very unselfish and take shots on play options. They look to pass first but both sense when the game is critical and at that moment they take over the game which usually leads to a win. Stewie and Paige could score so much more if they wish to do so.
And despite NBC Stewie was the MVP as FIBA most of the time choose the right player for that honor.
those who got upset when I mentioned Dawn was just being mentioned for Portland just to check a box….and how some media outlets touted Becky Hammond or Kara Lawson….I do not believe the NBA is really serious about that eventuality….and why not Geno????
I hope you all are staying healthy and safe and are counting the days for the upcoming record setting season.
Why not Geno? He doesn’t want it. He’s said many times his dream job is as an NBA assistant.

Reaction Score
Thanks , you missed the irony? Of course I want him at UCONN as many others do too.

Reaction Score
Speaking of unselfish , Azzi Fudd has been doing very well in
the " assist" part of the FIBA WBB spectrum at the U 19 tournament
in Hungary.
She is also " high" on the least number of turnovers and as a
result the assist
to turnover ratio. Prior to today defeat of China -taipei , I believe
that her ratio was 7 / 1. Many USA players have more assists:
Caitlin, Paopao, and others, but not the ratio. Three more games over
three days , finals on Sunday ( Free Live Streaming on FIBA )

Reaction Score
Speaking of unselfish , Azzi Fudd has been doing very well in
the " assist" part of the FIBA WBB spectrum at the U 19 tournament
in Hungary.
She is also " high" on the least number of turnovers and as a
result the assist
to turnover ratio. Prior to today defeat of China -taipei , I believe
that her ratio was 7 / 1. Many USA players have more assists:
Caitlin, Paopao, and others, but not the ratio. Three more games over
three days , finals on Sunday ( Free Live Streaming on FIBA )
She is a delight to watch. She knows where to pass it before she gets the ball. The ease and simpleness of her shooting motion is a thing of beauty.

Reaction Score
Geno has said he's not interested in coaching in the NBA. There was a time when he was offered NBA jobs, but he turned them down. Why change now? He and Chris have a great program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom