OT: - Mir McLean to Maryland | The Boneyard

OT: Mir McLean to Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Not to nitpick, but were Mir and Saylor still on the team in Amari's freshman season 2021-22? They aren't on the 2021-22 roster on the uconnhuskies.com site.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but Maryland is going to be tuff..The Big Ten is going to be such a joy to watch next year. I secretly wish Uconn can join the Big Ten. Man that would be dope. And it makes sense.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but Maryland is going to be tuff..The Big Ten is going to be such a joy to watch next year. I secretly wish Uconn can join the Big Ten. Man that would be dope. And it makes sense.
LOL. Uconn wishs they could join the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
Is Maryland looking to be "Uconn South?'' If nothing else they will have the age experience.

Reaction Score
I’m very sorry that she left UVA for MD. That says to me it’s not an academic decision… it’s a basketball decision. I really want coach Mox to succeed. Not sure what this says about the likelihood of that.

Reaction Score
It's been said many times before by many: UConn needs to say sayonara to the Big East. The BE is poorly run conference and isn't really "big" any more. It is looked on at least in WBB by the NCAA as a mid-major since the departure of Syracuse, Pitt, ND and BC and that's over ten years ago. What's keeping them? No offers from other conferences? Too much $ to pay out to leave? Other?

Reaction Score
... or is it that football carries the ball as far as bringing $ to conferences and UConn football while trying to build is not anywhere near the level of the schools that are in the Big Ten, ACC, SEC or frankly any of the conferences with schools where football irules?

Reaction Score
Hey! U been reading my journal? :);)

Since 2004 range, that has been my biggest wish, to have UConn join the Big Ten. I think around that time UConn had a decent football program and there was talk about UConn joining the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
It's been said many times before by many: UConn needs to say sayonara to the Big East. The BE is poorly run conference and isn't really "big" any more. It is looked on at least in WBB by the NCAA as a mid-major since the departure of Syracuse, Pitt, ND and BC and that's over ten years ago. What's keeping them? No offers from other conferences? Too much $ to pay out to leave? Other?
Nobody in women’s basketball is missing Pitt or BC.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
... or is it that football carries the ball as far as bringing $ to conferences and UConn football while trying to build is not anywhere near the level of the schools that are in the Big Ten, ACC, SEC or frankly any of the conferences with schools where football irules?
You nailed it...UConn historically has been half pregnant on football. After missing the boat when it was easier to get into a strong football conference UConn has gone back and forth between investing in football with goal of eventual payout in a big league, and deemphasizing it in reference to complaining taxpayers.

With Jim Mora in place now pendulum has swung back to investing. With the new concept of a national conference with teams in all time zones to offer a full day of tv football, the big 12 is a logical spot for UConn. Preferred option would be acc for academics and that's an option if Clemson and Florida State leave. Boston College always opposed having UConn in acc, but that might be over.

WBBTakeover

Lindsey Harding for Fever head coach
Reaction Score
I’m very sorry that she left UVA for MD. That says to me it’s not an academic decision… it’s a basketball decision. I really want coach Mox to succeed. Not sure what this says about the likelihood of that.
I agree. When she didn't attempt a return this past season (to preserve the redshirt season), I kinda knew what was up. Maryland just had its worst basketball season in decades--and it still didn't matter.

She'll do well in the B1G.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Except she graduated from UVA.
Agreed. Mir is a really bright student and may have made the decision based on which graduate program she wanted to attend.

Reaction Score
In the past few weeks Maryland has suddenly become a team of interest for next year. I wish Brenda and her UConn flavored team all the best for 2024/2025!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom