Mir McClean...... | The Boneyard

Mir McClean......

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And maybe being schooled on some fundamentals.

Reaction Score
She may be further away from earning Geno's trust than I thought. First couple of games it looked like she might be turning an 8 into a 9 player rotation, but with Nika out, instead of an 8 player rotation with Mir instead of Nika, he went back to largely a 7 player rotation.

Reaction Score
Why is Mir not playing much when the first 2 games she played ok for the minutes she was in?? She such an athletic kid who can rebound and run the floor. Does anyone know what’s going on?

Reaction Score
Why is Mir not playing much when the first 2 games she played ok for the minutes she was in?? She such an athletic kid who can rebound and run the floor. Does anyone know what’s going on?
It is difficult to have her and Aubrey on the floor at the same time. Right now, Aubrey is better both offensively and defensively, so she is going to get the minutes.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Guys, the question of Mir’s minutes was covered thoroughly after the last 2 games. In the Seton Hall game she lost her focus and Geno sat her down. Against Creighton, she played only mop up minutes, but she played hard. She earned twice as many minutes tonight, and she played hard again.

Mir is still learning the system, but she’s doing fine, and will likely see more minutes as she improves. So can we all kill these silly discussions asking why Mir is not playing more?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I agree with oldude's advice, but I would add one additional factoid: In today's Xavier game, Geno pulled Mir out of the game with about 1 minute left, after she had been in for most of the 4th quarter. He replaced her with Aubrey, who really didn't need to come back in the game. As in the Creighton game, his decision to remove Mir when he could easily have left her in the game for the final minute (along with Piath and Autumn) was an unmistakable message that she didn't show that she learned whatever specific things he was trying to teach her this week. There is really no other interpretation.

Reaction Score
I agree with oldude's advice, but I would add one additional factoid: In today's Xavier game, Geno pulled Mir out of the game with about 1 minute left, after she had been in for most of the 4th quarter. He replaced her with Aubrey, who really didn't need to come back in the game. As in the Creighton game, his decision to remove Mir when he could easily have left her in the game for the final minute (along with Piath and Autumn) was an unmistakable message that she didn't show that she learned whatever specific things he was trying to teach her this week. There is really no other interpretation.

Pretty sure it was because he would’ve had 4 freshman on the floor. Well that’s what Megan commented

Reaction Score
Mir and Aubrey have the same skill set, so it’s hard to have them on the court at the same time. Especially when Aaliyah is in as well. Mir and Aubrey are so crafty around the basket, they (primarily Aubrey) can’t be that decision maker/passer at the high post area, just yet.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Also, what might look like a "good game" to us fans might not look like a good game to the Sage of Storrs. Remember "we don't work on something until we get it right, we work on it until we can't get it wrong". I forget exactly who said that. Kia mebbe?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Also, what might look like a "good game" to us fans might not look like a good game to the Sage of Storrs. Remember "we don't work on something until we get it right, we work on it until we can't get it wrong". I forget exactly who said that. Kia mebbe?

I thought that Bria Hartley was the author of that quote.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Not most of the 4th quarter, she went in at the 7:31 mark and out at 2:15. Just sayin

Reaction Score
Guys, the question of Mir’s minutes was covered thoroughly after the last 2 games. In the Seton Hall game she lost her focus and Geno sat her down. Against Creighton, she played only mop up minutes, but she played hard. She earned twice as many minutes tonight, and she played hard again.

Mir is still learning the system, but she’s doing fine, and will likely see more minutes as she improves. So can we all kill these silly discussions asking why Mir is not playing more?
I don’t think it’s silly to wonder why she played more minutes the first 2 games then the previous 2. Like in today’s game Mir came in playing garbage time in a blow out but decided to put Aubrey back in. I just didn’t get or see the need for that. We all know she’s learning and will improve. Well during games like this is where she will learn.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s silly to wonder why she played more minutes the first 2 games then the previous 2. Like in today’s game Mir came in playing garbage time in a blow out but decided to put Aubrey back in. I just didn’t get or see the need for that. We all know she’s learning and will improve. Well during games like this is where she will learn.
As I said, this has been discussed thoroughly. Geno knows exactly what he’s doing and why. But if you prefer to second guess the greatest coach in the history of WBB, who am I to suggest you may be mistaken.

Reaction Score
As I said, this has been discussed thoroughly. Geno knows exactly what he’s doing and why. But if you prefer to second guess the greatest coach in the history of WBB, who am I to suggest you may be mistaken.
It’s my opinion oldude and no one is second guessing Geno coaching this has nothing to do with his coaching. It has to do with players being happy and wanting to be on the court. And I’m not saying Mir isn’t happy cus I don’t know. But Unless your part of the staff or close to a player that knows what’s going on then you don’t even know what’s going on.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
McLean needs to mir(ror) Aubrey’s methods of handling part time minutes and Geno’s wrath. They worked because she is much more consistent this year.

Geno frequently commented about Aubrey’s inability to know her spots. I think that and her body language are her biggest problems.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure it was because he would’ve had 4 freshman on the floor. Well that’s what Megan commented
That had nothing to do with it. Culmo’s remark was tongue in cheek. Just watch the replay and you will see why he removed her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom