Minnesota Lynx @ Las Vegas Aces - 6/24/18 | The Boneyard

Minnesota Lynx @ Las Vegas Aces - 6/24/18

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A good indicator for the Lynx. They stumbled early on and fell to 3-6. Now they are at .500 and have some momentum as they work in their new pieces.

Reaction Score
For Aces Young and Coffey drive me crazy. Coffey showed real promise the first 5 games. Since she has regressed a bunch. Tons of offensive fouls that kill team. Already has 2 turnovers in first 6 minutes. Thank goodness Bill pulled her.

Love it - halftime interview Kelsey Plum says about Lynx “they’re a tough team. They’re old”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
New Picture.jpg

39-33 MIN at the half

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Moriah Jefferson will be interviewed by the Aces announcers in the second half. She is close.

Kelsey Plums half time interview was a hoot after she was getting her spline removed by Lambeer. The Lynx are a good team. They are old
(At least that is what I heard :D:D)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Anyone want to tell Lindsay, Seimone, and Rebekkah they are old to their faces??

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Plum ends up with 15, and plays a decent floor game. I know that some of my BY friends have made ripping on her a new hobby, but she IS getting better and playing no worse than most of her teammates. Will she ever be better than Sue Bird? Probably not. But Kelsey Plum will end up having been a good and reliable player.

Reaction Score
Plum ends up with 15, and plays a decent floor game. I know that some of my BY friends have made ripping on her a new hobby, but she IS getting better and playing no worse than most of her teammates. Will she ever be better than Sue Bird? Probably not. But Kelsey Plum will end up having been a good and reliable player.
"better than Bird"? not in this lifetime...

Reaction Score
I’m an Aces fan and not counting on Plum. She looks tiny and overmatched. Right now, Plum is especially bad closing out half’s and games. By no means am I sold on Jefferson either. A first and second pick in the draft and point guard is still a weakness. Jefferson didn’t look great last year. I hope she provides a spark and can get some good minutes to help this team win games.

Last edited:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I’m an Aces fan and not counting on Plum. She looks tiny and overmatched. By no means am I sold on Jefferson either. A first and second pick in the draft and point guard is still a weakness. Jefferson didn’t look great last year. I hope she provides a spark and can get some good minutes to prove she can really play on this level.

An honest difference of opinion then. She isn’t frail, and she really competes. She has started to find her shot.

Reaction Score
An honest difference of opinion then. She isn’t frail, and she really competes. She has started to find her shot.

hope you’re right and I’m very wrong.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Everyone is welcome to their opinion. Jefferson has already proven that she can play in this league. She may be the healthiest she's going to be this season her first game back.

I remember something Kara Lawson said during a TV interview. "The day before camp began for the WNBA, I would say to myself that this (today) is the best I'm going to feel the rest of the season." That may be the case with Jefferson, I hope not.

When she is healthy, she's a nasty piece of business. She's still one of the quickest guards in the league, and she takes care of the ball. No doubt she's learned a lot sitting on the bench and observing during her rehab. She'll have a better understanding of the game when she returns than at anytime prior to. ;)

Reaction Score
I want players who can help the Aces win MORE games. If Jefferson stays on the court and separates herself from Plum they may be in business. They need her to be another impact player. Otherwise they can’t pull awY from the lower third of the league. Last year Jefferson didn’t look like a difference maker before she got hurt but that team chemistry was messed up until the last part of the year when they played better.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I want players who can help the Aces win MORE games. If Jefferson stays on the court and separates herself from Plum they may be in business. They need her to be another impact player. Otherwise they can’t pull awY from the lower third of the league. Last year Jefferson didn’t look like a difference maker before she got hurt but that team chemistry was messed up until the last part of the year when they played better.
Last year the past coach played Plum because as the 1st pick they had to. Bill doesn't have to play Plum, if she can't run the offense, and play better defense she will sit.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, since the inevitable comparisons between Jefferson and Plum are starting to heat up as we get closer to the event, here are their career stats side to side. I would say Plum is getting incrementally better but Moriah is definitely markedly superior at comparative stages of their career (in assists. shooting efficiency and defense) and I can only extrapolate the improvement in Moriah's stats if Wilson (or anyone) was on her team.

upload_2018-6-24_22-1-12.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mo has averaged 4.3 apg, while playing with probably the worst group of finishers in the history of the league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom