Minnesota (18) @ Michigan St (23) - 1/09/19 | The Boneyard

Minnesota (18) @ Michigan St (23) - 1/09/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Both of these teams are feeling desperate for a win.
Michigan State coming off road losses at Northwestern and Indiana.
Minnesota coming off losses at Michigan and (gulp) at home to Illinois.

Michigan State have been home court heroes all year, so I like their chances here.

Reaction Score
I suppose it’ll just be me full time and you part time watching this one.

This will be a tough one for Minnesota since they have injury excuses and MSU is tough at home, but I’m hoping to be surprised.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I suppose it’ll just be me full time and you part time watching this one.

This will be a tough one for Minnesota since they have injury excuses and MSU is tough at home, but I’m hoping to be surprised.
Yeah, I'll be flipping back and forth, probably. But I can always go back and watch the UConn game on replay, whereas I have no way of recording this one.

The Big Ten has had a bunch of slugfests to open the conference schedule. So many evenly matched teams. Michigan yesterday needed overtime for a one-point win over Northwestern, which was playing without Abi Scheid.

Reaction Score
Seems like the Big Ten games are not available (even via web) unless you subscribe to their Network? Is this a fact?

Reaction Score
Seems like the Big Ten games are not available (even via web) unless you subscribe to their Network? Is this a fact?

The games that are featured on the Big Ten Network can only be viewed online by people who have Big Ten Network on their cable package. That’s similar to what ESPN does.

The Big Ten games that are not featured on the Big Ten Network (like this one) are available online through a separate online monthly or yearly subscription service they call BTN+. The games shown on the Big Ten Network aren’t available on BTN+.

FloHoops also covers Big Ten games but Plebe would know more about that. That’s twice as expensive as BTN+ on the monthly basis.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Other games of interest tonight (aside from UConn, of course):
  • Central Michigan @ Ohio (7:00, ESPN+). Ohio got past Buffalo, but their undefeated season faces another major hurdle.
  • TCU @ #20 Iowa State (7:30). Iowa State looks to keep its resurgent season on a roll.
  • Kansas State @ #4 Baylor (8:00, FoxSportsGo)
  • Oklahoma @ #11 Texas (8:00, LHN)
  • Rutgers @ Illinois (8:00, BTN+/FloHoops). Can Illinois sustain some momentum after finally getting off the schneid?
  • Denver @ South Dakota State (8:00, ESPN+). Denver tries to prove its win last week over South Dakota was no fluke.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Michigan State leads 43-29 at half. Minnesota killing themselves with turnovers and also giving up offensive boards. Both teams shooting about 50% but MSU has 13 more attempts.

Triple-double alert for Jenna Allen: she has 6 pts, 5 rebs, and 5 assists at the half.

Reaction Score
It was a brutal end of the first half. MSU scores a two with about 5 sec left in half. Colley intercepts a sloppy inbound pass and gets an and-1 with two seconds left in the half.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Whalen's debut season was looking a whole lot better before they started conference play. Down 20 in Q4.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Central Michigan ends Ohio's undefeated run with a dominant 88-70 win. Reyna Frost and Presley Hudson both had big games games: Frost 23 pts 17 rebs; Hudson 22 pts.

Reaction Score
Rutgers headed to 4-0 in conference. They are MD's only loss, so maybe Rutgers is better than expected and MD isn't all that bad.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
TX over OK 73-63. Based on box score, seems like a workmanlike win with heavy Rebounding advantage to TX
Surprised no mention from the BY

Reaction Score
Central Michigan ends Ohio's undefeated run with a dominant 88-70 win. Reyna Frost and Presley Hudson both had big games games: Frost 23 pts 17 rebs; Hudson 22 pts.
The Chippewa's Coach, Sue Guevara, is another one of those coaches whose done an excellent job with the talent she's had. Last year's WCBB tournament run provided her a bit of exposure, but, you have to wonder if there's any interest in her from bigger programs? She's not newly minted, but, her teams play competitively with just about anybody. But, perhaps she's simply happy where she is, since she's from the Wolverine state, and already had a stint with the bg boys - MIchigan, where she turned around the Michigan program, which was 20-88 in the four seasons prior to her arrival, and 123-82 with her at the helm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom