Mini-Plans are out.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mini-Plans are out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
here is the BS excuse they gave me - somewhere in my account, they claimed I had checked a box that I did not want to receive "promotional e-mails" from the ticket office . . . so I didn't receive this one . . . really???? . . . Of course, I always get e-mails when they are trying to peddle un-sellable tickets to early season womens BB games, and plenty of e-mails from Athletics Development begging for an "extra pledge" prior to the end of the tax year.

Maybe they should have hired the former associate director of the ticketing office at Michigan instead of the associate AD. I better not get shut out if they are not allocating the plans based on priority points/donor levels

You want my code?

Uconngal

Visit us at the Thirst and Ten Ambulance
Reaction Score
Just an update for those that are interested - it has now been over 24 hours and still no email for me. Though I did get the email today to renew my son's Junior Husky Club membership. So it still makes no sense why I am not getting all of these emails. My company sends mass emails all the time in batches and we are able to see what gets delivered, what bounces back, what gets opened, etc. There appears to be no follow up by UCONN on what they are sending. I would think that they would want to track all their correspondence with their loyal fans to see what messaging is effective - silly me!!!

However, the codes don't appear to really be unique on the mini plan emails either as I can log in successfully with the one my brother received and get to the order pages.

Reaction Score
Just an update for those that are interested - it has now been over 24 hours and still no email for me. Though I did get the email today to renew my son's Junior Husky Club membership. So it still makes no sense why I am not getting all of these emails. My company sends mass emails all the time in batches and we are able to see what gets delivered, what bounces back, what gets opened, etc. There appears to be no follow up by UCONN on what they are sending. I would think that they would want to track all their correspondence with their loyal fans to see what messaging is effective - silly me!!!

However, the codes don't appear to really be unique on the mini plan emails either as I can log in successfully with the one my brother received and get to the order pages.

This goes to my point about the people in the marketing department. Someone needs to be in charge of bounce processing and overall deliverability, SRD, etc. I'm sure that it isn't organized at UCONN in the way it is organized in the private sector.

Reaction Score
I spoke to the Athletic Development Office regarding the email issue. I am in the same boat as many on the board, not getting some emails but never MISSING an email asking for more$$. I explained the situation to the "student" who answered the phone and she offered no reason or even attempted to provide or look into a solution to the problem. She DID, however offer to take an order for the mini-plans over the phone.... So I told her that at this point I am more interested in finding out what the problem is rather than parting with more money, so I asked to speak with an IT person or someone who could help me. The lady who spoke to me next was very nice and promised to look into the issue for me. The problem is that the IT person who handles these issues is on vacation and will not be back until next week. They will get back to me when they figure it out and I will pass along any info I hear so those who are also affected will be able to reach out to the University to fix it as well. Uconngal - I got the same email to renew the kids Jr Huskies membership as well, but of course no mini-plan email. To funny at this point .......

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Sorry guys, I meant to post this last night. We wrote the ticket office asking when singles were going on sale for season ticket holders and they replied lickity split:

Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 1:09 PM
Subject: RE: Michigan

Dooley,

We actually have a 3 game mini plan on sale which includes Michigan for Season Ticket Holders. If we do not sell out of Michigan on the mini’s we will make single game tickets available for Michigan to our season ticket holders in late July. You will receive and email from us if that does happen.

Ticket Office

Reaction Score
Sorry guys, I meant to post this last night. We wrote the ticket office asking when singles were going on sale for season ticket holders and they replied lickity split:

Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 1:09 PM
Subject: RE: Michigan

Dooley,

We actually have a 3 game mini plan on sale which includes Michigan for Season Ticket Holders. If we do not sell out of Michigan on the mini’s we will make single game tickets available for Michigan to our season ticket holders in late July. You will receive and email from us if that does happen.

Ticket Office
That's rich. Like the email I didn't receive for the mini plans!?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Since the Michigan mini pack may be the worst deal they have ever offered not sure I'd be too worked up in the end.

Uconngal

Reaction Score
Thought I should share that I still have not gotten a mini plan email but my brother has gotten a second mini plan email this morning with a different exclusive code than the first email he received a few days ago.
This email campaign they are running really makes no sense.

Reaction Score
I actually just got my 2nd email about an 'exclusive' mini-plan presale today. It's clear that Uconn is planning on selling single game Michigan tickets for at least $60 each when they do make them available because they certainly won't be selling out of the mini plans. I just need to decide if its even worth it to scoop up some extra tickets for friends at that price.

Reaction Score
Thought I should share that I still have not gotten a mini plan email but my brother has gotten a second mini plan email this morning with a different exclusive code than the first email he received a few days ago.

They're only sending the offer to men.

Reaction Score

It appears the first one went to "season ticketholder/donor" and the second went to "2012 mini-plan buyer or basketball season ticket holder".

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It appears the first one went to "season ticketholder/donor" and the second went to "2012 mini-plan buyer or basketball season ticket holder".

I got both and meet neither criteria you posted for the second.

Reaction Score
I got both and meet neither criteria you posted for the second.

Currently neither do I - I'm just taking it off the wording in the mailer. I did have men's BB season tickets years ago.

If you try to save the picture they also have two separate file names (FB13-Mini-Pac-(Tier-II)-C.jpg and BB13-Mini-Pac_C.jpg)

Uconngal

Reaction Score
We are both football season ticket/donors and neither of us ever had basketball season tickets or purchased a prior football mini plan. I have purchased women's basketball mini plans though so it still makes no sense why I haven't gotten any of the emails.

Reaction Score
I have gotten two emails in 24 hrs. I hadn't received an email in years from them. Had reset my email address a month ago. I don't think they are actively selecting who to send to and who not. I think thy just still have a Third World marketing department.

Reaction Score
The question is Whale, is your avatar the era that the marketing personel are most familiar with?

Reaction Score
After reading that BC recruiting article, I unfortunately felt that was the era PP may be stuck in as well. Old military adage, "Adapt and overcome." Looks like Adazio is doing that, just the fact GDL is still around scares me this group of older coaches (not the new ones) are just way outclassed. My father was PP's age and never used and ATM, nevermind twitter, facebook etc. Still see those Army Posters 6 times a day on way to work. I went there and choose UConn football over Army, yet those posters are making me wonder why I don't have Army season tix instead.

Reaction Score
There's alot on the line this year, you'll be glad you saw it in person. Go Dogs!

Reaction Score
Would any of the season ticket holder consider buying 2 3-pack tickets for me? Mich, Louisville, Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Living in NC I don't get many chances to go to the Rent.

This year I must say UConn's home FB schedule is the best by FAR that I have ever seen.

With all the bad news over the last 2 years about UConn sports in general, PP, APR and CR, I hope every home game is sold out with the game day atmosphere rocking. The time is now!

Reaction Score
This just popped on UConn Husky Facebook page. and Twitter Feed

UConnHuskies 12:50pm via Web
Get your @UConnFootball vs. @umichfootball tickets today with a 3-game mini-plan. #bleedblue Post original url/1aUP1jt pic.twitter.com/RsNkRUOPCO

aaa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler